Hicks out of Gitmo for Oz election

There is just way too much wrong with this, in fact, it is unbe-fucking-lievable!

Howard initially refused to get involved in Hicks’ case, but the mood in Australia became “what the fuck is one of our people doing in this insane and dubiously legal prison run by one of our supposed allies?” So back flip Johhny cunty Coward applies some discrete diplomacy, and in the process, the lies and hypocricy of the whole sorry Gitmo drama are exposed.

Does anyone wonder why I loathe John - dogs’ balls are more attractive and honest - Howard?

Shouldn’t the Australian people slaughter him and his party at the next election? I bet they don’t . . . why? How? What am I missing . . . was it the drugs I took when I was young . . .?

Trust a military tribunal for those in Gitmo? Sure. I trust they’ll find in whatever way their political overlords want them to. Here’s the freaking proof.

Have I got this wrong? I’m a patient man, so please, if you think you can, try and explain it to me.

HG

Apols for the length, but the SMH is by subscription only.

[quote]Hicks to serve nine months’ jail
Mark Coultan in Guantanamo Bay
March 31, 2007 - 12:09PM

David Hicks will be out of jail on New Year’s Eve after an extraordinarily lenient plea bargain agreement meant that whatever sentence he got, he would only serve nine months of it in jail.

The Military Commission panel – made up of serving US officers – gave him the maximum possible sentence of seven years. Even that was a reduction on the statutory maximum of life imprisonment.

But the pre-trial agreement meant that six years and three months will be suspended. This means that he will be released on the last day of the year, and as long as he doesnt violate the terms of his agreement, he will stay out of jail.

[b]The pre-trial agreement appears to have been designed with the Australian political calendar in mind.

As well as keeping Hicks in jail until after the election, due by the end of this year, Hicks also had to agree to not talk to the media for one year.

And if he talks to the media after that date, any proceeds he might collect will be forfeited to the Australian Government.[/b]

Under the plea agreement, he will return to Australia within two months, and is expected to serve out his term in a South Australian jail.

While the agreement might be politically convenient for the Howard Government, it will create problems for the Bush Administration. It appears to be a large thank you to the Howard Government for their support on the war on terror.

The effective sentence of nine months contrasts with the statements of the chief prosecutor Colonel Morris Davis who said earlier this week that his benchmark for Hicks crime of material support for terrorism was 20 years.

The American Taliban John Walker Lindh, who was also captured in Afghanistan at about the same time as Hicks, agreed to a plea bargain of 20 years in jail.

The Americans insisted that the time Hicks had already spent in Guantanamo Bay not be counted in the calculations of his sentence, because the United States insists that can hold enemy combatants for as long as hostilities continue.

Bittersweet victory

Hicks’ father said the news was a bittersweet victory and that he should have had a fair trial.

"It’s a lot better than 12 years or seven or two or whatever they were touting throughout the night,’’ Mr Hicks said.

[b]"(But) it’s a real shame David had to go through this way to get released when he should have had the the Australian government standing up for Australia’s citizens’ rights."

Mr Hicks said his son was forced to undergo a plea-bargain and his case was never properly tested in court.

“Nobody will ever know what the evidence was,” he said.[/b]

Mr Hicks said his son had been “through hell” and should never have been made to endure the conditions at Guantanamo Bay.

“The Americans made David sign a paper to say he was never abused… when we knew he has been - David told us,” he said.

Mr Hicks said he believed his son opted for a plea bargain to ensure his release, saying he would have been “crucified and nailed to the wall” if he pleaded not guilty.

“Military commissions aren’t the way to go - they’re set up to find people guilty and i think it’s been proven particularly when the sitting judge can sack two of David’s lawyers,” he said.

“What I saw of that commission was that nothing had changed from the first time around - it’s still the same.”

[b]Mr Hicks criticised the gag placed on David from speaking to the media for a year from his sentence.

“It’s very strange that will fall during the election,” he said.

“John Howard will probably be putting his head up saying `see, he’s a terrorist.’”[/b]

Mr Hicks, who last spoke to David four days ago, said his son would just be looking forward to returning to Australia.

“All David would be thinking about at the moment is coming home,” he said.

Mr Hicks said David would have to think about whether he would want to tell his story.

“Once David’s home he’ll have time to think about that,” he said.

“Who knows, he may want to change his mind.”

Hicks, 31, was captured in Afghanistan in December, 2001, after training with terror group al Qaeda and fighting with the Taliban against invading Coalition forces.

• with AAP[/quote]

What was David Hicks doing in Afghanistan? Did he convert to Islam? Was he known to be associating with radical groups? Where was he captured in Afghanistan? Kabul? where? In what context was he captured? What about his past statements both written and oral? Did they give any indication that he had subscribed to radical ideas and terrorist violence?

While I have every sympathy for the fact that he may have been accused of crimes that he did not commit, let’s just say his case is akin to that of a man caught naked in a whorehouse who argues that he had no intention of having sex with whores, and should be released because he wasn’t actually caught coupling with one.

I am surprised that he is being released on “good behavior” after nine months. I wonder what kind of monitoring he will be under when released to Australia… Bet it will be pretty invasive and thorough. What do you think?

[quote=“fred smith”]What was David Hicks doing in Afghanistan? Did he convert to Islam? Was he known to be associating with radical groups? Where was he captured in Afghanistan? Kabul? where? In what context was he captured? What about his past statements both written and oral? Did they give any indication that he had subscribed to radical ideas and terrorist violence?[/quote]Hey kids! Welcome back to Sesameorwell Street! Today we’re going to play “Which of these questions is not like the others?” Let’s see if you can find the bias. Ready? Let’s go!
:unamused:

double post…
oh well. shall we sing the song again?

Well, he certainly was no innocent who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He may not have been captured on the battlefield but let’s examine a few facts about David Hicks that do not seem to be in dispute.

[quote]In 1999, Hicks travelled to Albania, where he joined the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA), a paramilitary organisation of ethnic Albanians fighting against Serbian forces in the Kosovo War, and served with them for two months. [12] On returning to Australia Hicks applied to join the Australian Army but was rejected due to his low level of formal education.[10] Hicks then converted to Islam and began to study Arabic.[13]

On November 11, 1999[11] Hicks travelled to Pakistan to study Islam.[14] After a period of time he began training with the Lashkar-e-Toiba [15] learning guerrilla warfare, weapons training (including landmines), kidnapping techniques, and assassination methods.[1] In a March 2000 letter, Hicks told his family

“don’t ask what’s happened, I can’t be bothered explaining the outcome of these strange events has put me in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir in a training camp. Three months training. After which it is my decision whether to cross the line of control into Indian-occupied Kashmir.”[16]

In another letter on August 10, 2000, Hicks wrote from Kashmir, claiming to have been a guest of Pakistan’s army for two weeks at the front in the “controlled war” with India.[16] At the time, Lashkar-e-Toiba was an Islamic fighting group that had widespread support in Pakistan. It had a reputation for being focused on fighting India in Kashmir but was also accused of attacks against Indian civilians. After the September 11, 2001 attacks and its banning as a terrorist group by Pakistan in January 2002, Lashkar-e-Toiba fragmented and branched out into sectarian violence.[17][18] Lashkar-e-Toiba was banned in Australia in 2003.[19]

A “resentful and deeply unflattering” handwritten memoir signed by Feroz Abbasi while incarcerated in Guantánamo Bay, later repudiated by Abbasi on October 20, 2004 in another signed statement, claimed Hicks was “Al-Qaedah’s 24 ct. [carat] Golden Boy” and “obviously the favourite recruit” of their al-Qaeda trainers during exercises at the al-Farouq camp near Kandahar.[20]The failed British shoe bomber Richard Colvin Reid was another graduate of the camp. The memoir made a number of allegations, including that Hicks was teamed in the training camp with Filipino recruits from the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and that during internment in Camp X-Ray, “Hicks [said] he was praying to Satan for help”. Hicks “attended a number of al-Qaeda training courses at various camps around Afghanistan, including an advanced course on surveillance, in which he conducted surveillance of the US and British embassies in Kabul, Afghanistan”. [1] On one occasion when al-Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden visited an Afghan camp, Hicks questioned bin Laden about the lack of English in training material and subsequently “began to translate the training camp materials from Arabic to English”.[1] Hicks wrote home that he’d met Osama bin Laden 20 times, later telling investigators that he’d exaggerated. He’d seen bin Laden about eight times and spoken to him only once.[21]Prosecutors also allege Hicks was interviewed by Muhammad Atef, an al-Qaeda military commander, about his background and “the travel habits of Australians”.[1] The US Department of Defense statement claimed “that after viewing TV news coverage in Pakistan of the Sept 11, 2001, attacks against the United States, [Hicks] returned to Afghanistan to rejoin his al-Qaeda associates to fight against US, British, Canadian, Australian, Afghan, and other coalition forces […] It is alleged Hicks armed himself with an AK-47 automatic rifle, ammunition, and grenades to fight against coalition forces.”[1]

Hicks spoke to his parents from just outside the southern Afghan city of Kandahar in November 2001. “He said something about going off to Kabul to defend it against the Northern Alliance,” Terry Hicks said.[9]

[edit] Capture
He was captured by a “Northern Alliance warlord” on or about December 9, 2001, near Kunduz, Afghanistan, and turned over to US Special Forces for $1000 on December 17, 2001.[20][14][22][23] In an interview with SBS TV Dateline, his father, Terry Hicks, stated, “David was captured by the Northern Alliance unarmed in the back of a truck or a van. So it wasn’t on the battlefield at all.”[24][/quote]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hicks

So he converted to Islam, has been by his own admission associated with various groups that are terrorist in nature and was only lying when he said that he saw Osama 20 times; it was only eight. And he only spoke with him once… Okay… Clearly, another innocent victim of a US campaign to steal the constitutional rights of millions around the world. Did I miss something here? Tell me why I should care…

Tell me why conversion to Islam figures so prominently. It’s your second question in the first post, and first highlighted snippet in the second. If he’d converted to Judaism, or Russian Orthodoxy, would this have featured as prominently?

If he’s guilty–and he probably is–prove it. I notice that under the deal struck it’s acknowledged that the prosecution probably had enough evidence to convict. Well, so did the prosecutors in the OJ case, and where’s he?

Jaboney wrote: [quote]Tell me why conversion to Islam figures so prominently.[/quote]

I think the point is: What sort of WACKO bastard would give up booze? :astonished: :beer:

I think the point is: What sort of WACKO bastard would give up booze? :astonished: :beer:[/quote]Point, set, match. :bow:

Well, as I’ve said repeatedly, I really wouldn’t have minded a toss if they’d offed him right where they found him. What I do mind is trussing the git up in a lurid jumpsuit and detaining him without charges in a quasi-concentration camp that some bright spark dubiously decided to build on an American corner of Cuba, of all fecking places.

I think the fact they have offered this incredible free kick to Johnny - pox drizzle - Howard and by extension David Hicks is because the man is either not guilty of anything they can really pin on him, or because he is now genuinely repentant. Does that legitimise Gitmo? I don’t think so. Your man whatisname (the yank Telly ban or whatever they call him) is locked away in a federal US prison for 20 years via a legitimate court hearing.

The tribunals were the very last stab at legitimising this awful travesty. If they had sentenced him to 20 years and played up the evidence of his arse licking sessions with Bin Liner, etc, which one assumes they would have if they really thought he was a risk, then I’m quite sure the Australian people would have accepted it. I’m sure they will be monitoring him, just as they are many other potential nasties. So what? I feel reassured.

HG

I don’t suppose there’s a gag on Hicks talking to his father who then talks to the media. His father doesn’t seem to have any qualms about talking to the media, so I’ll be surprised if we don’t start hearing about Hicks’ treatment from his father.

Yes indeed, and a big hats off to his father. He has done a fantastic job of lobbying for his lad, as did that American military lawyer, has to be said. But if it weren’t for his dad’s efforts in keeping the story in the public’s face, Hicks would have rotted there for an eternty.

HG

Gosh! I don’t know Jaboney. I mean terrorism all over the world really is a matter of random selection isn’t it? Gee. Let me think… Why would his conversion to Islam matter? Um… Gee… Er… Oh this is too difficult. I guess I just don’t have an answer for you on that one. Better to be like an ostrich and stick your head in the sand. The problem WILL go away.

Gosh. Yeah. You are so right. I mean the Jews and Orthodox Russians have been running around blowing up no end of targets while talking about how their religion inspired them to do so. You are right. I apologize. I was out of line to suggest that Islam might have something to do with terrorism or terrorist violence particularly in a nation like Afghanistan. You got me there!

That is a valid statement. The only one that you have made in this verbiage. I don’t know. But while I do not know the reason for not prosecuting him earlier, I do know that his own government effectively washed its hands of him JUST ironically as his “suddenly concerned” father did all those years ago when he was 10. Now, suddenly his father is “interested in his well-being” and is “speaking for him.” Yes, I feel sorry for the lad. With such a father, is it any wonder that he turned out as he did? What I do know is that this is not some innocent random victim of a wayward system of justice imposed by the evil American boot. He claimed that he was lying when he said he saw Osama 20 times. It was only 8, and he only talked to him once. Clearly, we have mistreated an innocent victim and we should be thoroughly ashamed of ourselves. In the meantime, I will be tossing and turning, unable to sleep at night, worrying about the fate of this hapless victim.

Yes, so wonderful that his father is finally involved now that the news cameras are around. Funny that he could take so much time off his bar stool to make time for his son now when clearly it was too much of an effort 21 years ago. But nevermind. The father has repented of his evil ways and is there for his son NOW. Why is it that the father reminds me of Cindy Sheehan. Anyway, this is his moment in the sun and I am sure that every bloated, bellied beer-swilling blue-collar brute in Australia is happy to see the little tyke come home and all of them are right there behind the father belting out all of his boozy bravado.

Yeah. The old man is a highly responsible father who has always always ALWAYS been there for his son. It is heart warming…

Strange though that the boy would admit in letters to attending training camps with terrorist organizations. Funny though that he would admit to seeing Osama ONLY 8 times not the original 20 that he claimed and only spoke with him ONCE. Funny that… Clearly, an innocent victim of an American justice system gone amok. Yeah. Now, pass another beer down here will ya Sheila…

Yeah. The old man is a highly responsible father who has always always ALWAYS been there for his son. It is heart warming…[/quote]

Sweet!

Fred, I think I’ve finally figured out why most people think you’re such a cunt!

You see, going after the lad, well most people have no problem with that, but attacking his concerned father after the anguish that wayward lad has no doubt put him through, why that’s just being a complete cunt.

Hope that helps! :laughing:

HG

Yes!

Because I think…

Not if it is stupid posturing… I suppose you marched in support of freeing that dimwitted hair dresser sorry designer who got caught with drugs (a lot of them in Bali)? the model?

Sure does!

Yes! That does describe your position rather well.

Beautician, actually. Schapelle Corby? Guilty as sin. You see the dope in Bali is basically rope, whereas in Oz they got the quality control happening. Now with all those spaced out expats living it large, like the convicted lass’ sister, Mercedes, well they’d like some weed with their coconut trees, and mucho presto . . . "hey, they only check you going out of Bali, not going in . . . be a pet . . . "

But your auto-assumption that I would jump straight on some other media pumped bandwagon is another reason why people really do think you are such a complete arsehole, or so I’ve heard.

Tell me Fred, these liberals you are squabbling with, are they in your head as well as online? I may have a cure for that you know. It was my former vocation. :laughing:

HG

Sorry. I thought it was something more glorified like beauty consultant. No?

With a name like Schapelle, let’s be grateful she was not a plastic surgeon!

You have heard correctly…

What kind of medication does your former vocation entitle you to prescribe? Get those details and we will talk…

[quote=“fred smith”]With a name like Schapelle, let’s be grateful she was not a plastic surgeon!

And her delightfully named sister, Mercedes. Their parents obviously had loftier plans for the little ones, or was it the drugs?

Ah! But I’ve met you, and know this is not the truth!

Entitled to prescribe? Toad venom, exotic shrubs and animal parts, that sort of thing, but I can recommend plenty of fun stuff. However, for my first prescription, I offer you a free drink of your choosing at Carnage this coming Sunday. Dates and times to be confirmed.

HG

Gosh! I don’t know Jaboney. I mean terrorism all over the world really is a matter of random selection isn’t it? [/quote]

So easy to link, but so effective to see it in print:

[quote][quote=“List of terrorist organisations. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”]The neutrality of this article is disputed.

This listing does not include states or governmental organisations which are considered under state terrorism.[/quote]

Christian

[quote]* Army of God[2]
* God's Army A terrorist group in Myanmar.
* Nagaland Rebels (1947-present) Active in predominantly Christian state in Hindu majority India. Involved in several bombings in 2004. Goal: Independence from India after annexing parts of neighboring Indian states and Burma if it has Christian majority.
* National Liberation Front of Tripura (1989-present) A group that seeks the independence of Tripura from India to create a Christian Tripura.
* KKK is a fraternal organizations in the United States that have advocated white supremacy, anti-Semitism, racism, anti-Catholicism, homophobia, and nativism.
* Phineas Priesthood An American based Christian Identity movement.
* National Democratic Front of Bodoland, active terrorist in the Indian state of Assam, involved in the murder of Bineshwar Brahma, prominent Hindu Bodo activist

[/quote]
Islamist

[quote] * Abu Sayyaf (1991-present; Islamist separatists; the Philippines)
o Based in the southern islands of Jolo, Basilan, and Mindanao.
o Branched off of the Moro National Liberation Front.
o Allegedly partnered with Jemaah Islamiyah and Al-Qaeda.
* Aden-Abyan Islamic Army (Yemen)
* Adolat - Uzbekistan
* Akramiya - Uzbekistan
* Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya (Late 1970s-present; Islamists; Egypt)
o Seeks to establish Islamist state in Egypt. Usually targets secular establishments, government buildings, police, the military, minorities, tourists, and “morally offensive” buildings.
* Armed Islamic Group (1992-present; Islamists; Algeria)
o Seeks to establish Islamist state in Algeria. Began operations in 1992 after the Algerian government ignored election results that gave victory to Islamist political parties.
* Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades
* Ansar al-Islam (December 2001-present; Islamists; Iraq)
o In Arabic, “Supporters of Islam.”
o Also known as “Partisans of Islam or Helpers of Islam.”
* Al-Qaeda (1988-present; Islamists; Afghanistan, Pakistan, and worldwide)
o In Arabic, “the foundation”, “the base”, or “the database” kept by intelligence services of anti-Soviet Afghani fighters.
o Also known as Qa‘idat al-Jihad, Islamic Army for the Liberation of the Holy Places, World Islamic Front for Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders, Islamic Salvation Foundation, and the Osama bin Laden Network.
o Related: Alneda (former web site), As-Sahab (affiliated public relations organization),
o Cells: Buffalo six, Hamburg cell,
* Asbat al-Ansar (early 1990s-present; Lebanese Sunni Islamists; southern Lebanon)
o In Arabic, “the League of the Followers.”
o Acronym for “Harakat al-Muqawama al-Islamiya,” or Islamic Resistance Movement.
* Jama’at al-Tawhid wa’al-Jihad/Al-Qaeda in Iraq - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi’s Sunni network, operating in Iraq
o on U.S. State Department list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations
* Eastern Turkestan Islamic Movement - al-Qaeda linked separatist group in China’s Xinjiang Autonomous Region aiming to establish an Islamic state. Banned by China, along with related groups East Turkestan Liberation Organization, World Uighur Youth Congress and East Turkistan Information Center[3]
* Egyptian Islamic Jihad - Egypt (active since the late 1970s)
* Hamas - West Bank, Gaza Strip. Listed as a terrorist organization by Australia, Canada, the European Union, Israel, and the United States
* Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM) - Pakistan and Kashmir
* Hizb-an-nusra - Uzbekistan
* Hizb ut-Tahrir - international (legal in Britain and Australia)
* Hezbollah - Lebanon; Listed as a terrorist organization by Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, Israel, and the United States
* Hizbul Mujahideen - Pakistan and Kashmir
* Hofstad Network - Netherlands
* Islamic Front for the Liberation of Bahrain - Defunct
* Islamic Movement of Central Asia - Central Asia (affiliated with Al Qaeda)
o Islamic Movement of Tajikistan - Tajikistan
o Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan - Uzbekistan
* Jaish-e-Mohammed - Pakistan
* Jaish Ansar al-Sunna - Iraq
* Jama’at al-Jihad al-Islami
* Jemaah Islamiyah - Southeast Asia
* Jihad Rite - Australia (linked with Al Qaeda. Founded in 2001)
* Lashkar-e-Jhangvi - Pakistan
* Lashkar-e-Toiba - Pakistan
* Maktab al-Khadamat - Afghanistan - Defunct
* Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group - Morocco and Spain
* Moro Islamic Liberation Front - (Islamic separatists; the Philippines)
* Palestinian Islamic Jihad - Israel, West Bank, Gaza Strip
* People Against Gangsterism and Drugs - South Africa
* Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat - Algeria
* Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan - Pakistan
* Students Islamic Movement of India - India
* Takfir wal-Hijra - Egypt/Sudan/Algeria
* Tehreek-e-Nafaz-e-Shariat- e-Mohammadi (TNSM) - Pakistan[4]
* Turkish Hezbollah - Kurdish organization operating in Turkey
* Turkish Islamic Jihad - Turkey[/quote]

Islamist fronts

[quote] * Al-Barakaat (Al-Qaida front)
* Al-Wafa Humanitarian Organization (Al-Qaida front)
* Benevolence International Foundation (Al-Qaida front)
* Global Relief Foundation (Al-Qaida front)
* Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (Hamas)
* Konsojaya Trading Company (Jemaah Islamiyah front)

Al Qaeda[/quote]

Jewish

[quote]
* Kahane Chai (designated as terrorist by Israel, the EU, and USA)[/quote]

Sikh

[quote]
* Babbar Khalsa
* Bhinderanwala Tiger Force of Khalistan
* International Sikh Youth Federation [3]
* Dashmesh Regiment
* Khalistan Commando Force
* Khalistan Liberation Force
* Khalistan Liberation Front
* Khalistan National Army
* Khalistan Zindabad Force [4]
* Saheed Khalsa Force[/quote]

Other religious terrorists

[quote] * Aum Supreme Truth (Aum Shinrikyo) - Japan (homicidal religious cult)
* Lord’s Resistance Army Christian/Pagan/Muslim terrorist group that operates in northern Uganda, it seeks to overthrow the Ugandan government and create a country based on the ten commandments.[5][/quote]

Nationalistic terrorist organizations

[quote]
Irish Nationalists (Northern Ireland)

* Irish National Liberation Army (1974-Present)
      o Splinter group:
            + Irish People's Liberation Organisation (1986-1992, defunct)
* Irish Republican Army (1922-1969)split into- 'Official IRA' and 'Provisional IRA'.
* Official IRA (defunct)
* Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA) (1969–2002)[5]
      o Supporters of the PIRA split from 'Official' Sinn Féin to form Provisional Sinn Féin. Provisional Sinn Féin was later known simply as Sinn Féin (while 'Official' Sinn Féin eventually became the Workers' Party).
      o Under ceasefire since the Good Friday Agreement of 1998
      o Ended armed campaign in September 2005.
      o Splinter groups:
            + Continuity Irish Republican Army (CIRA) (1986-present)
                  # Also known as the "Continuity Army Council" and "Óglaigh na hÉireann" (Gaelic for 'Volunteers of Ireland')
            + Real Irish Republican Army (RIRA) (1997-present)*
                  # Also known as the True IRA and Óglaigh na hÉireann (Gaelic for Volunteers of Ireland).
                  # Does not recognize Good Friday Agreement.

Ulster Loyalists (Northern Ireland)

* Ulster Volunteer Force (original UVF 1912-1921, current UVF has existed since 1966)
      o Very closely linked with the Red Hand Commandos (1972-present).
      o Splinter group: Loyalist Volunteer Force
* Ulster Defence Association (1971-present)
      o Also called the "Ulster Freedom Fighters," or UFF.
      o On February 22, 2003, announced a "complete and utter cessation" of all acts of violence for one year. It said it will review its ceasefire every three months, although in February 2006, the Independent Monitoring Commission reported that the UDA continued its paramilitary activities, as well as involvement in organized crime, drug trafficking, counterfeiting, extortion, money laundering and robbery
      o Splinter group: Red Hand Defenders
* Red Hand Commandos {created in 1972) allied with the UVF
* Red Hand Defenders (1998-present) an affiliate organization with both the UDA and LVF who are allies. Opposes ceasefire.
* Loyalist Volunteer Force (1996-2005)
* Ulster Freedom Fighters (created in 1972) an affiliate of the UDA
* Ulster Resistance 1986-1990 Created by the Democratic Unionist Party, now defunct
* Red Branch Knights (1992)
* Orange Volunteers (1998-present)

Indonesia

* Barisan Merah Putih; ultra nationalist group first recruited by KOPASSUS
* Laskar Jihad; Islamic ultra nationist group.

Palestinian

Jewish (Historical)

Main article: Zionist political violence

* Irgun (1931-1948) - regarded as a terrorist group by the British authorities and mainstream Zionist organizations (not during most of World War II).
* Lehi (1940-1948) - regarded as a terrorist group by the British authorities.

Arab

Main article: Palestinian political violence
Main article: :Category:Palestinian militant groups

* Abu Nidal
* Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades
* Black Hand (Palestine)
* Black September (group)
* Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP)
* Fatah Hawks
* Force 17
* Hamas - listed as a terrorist organization by Australia,[6] Canada,[7][8] the United Kingdom,[9] the European Union,[10] Israel, and the United States,[11] and is banned in Jordan.[12]
* Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)
* Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC)
* Popular Resistance Committees
* Palestinian Islamic Jihad Movement
* Palestine Liberation Front
* Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) (1964-present) - On December 14, 1988, the PLO officially renounced the use of terrorist tactics. In 1993 it became the PA (Palestinian Authority). Although it claims it does not support terrorism, documents show that the PA/PLO has actively supported and sponsored various terrorist groups in Israel.[13][14] According to the NCIS, the PLO is "the richest of all terrorist organizations." (1993)[15]
* The Holy Jihad Brigade
* Tanzim

Tamil Nationalist

* Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE, aka Tamil Tigers)- Sri Lanka. One of the largest groups with an estimated 24,000 Tamil cadres who fight for separation from Sri Lanka. The group has carried out 240+ suicide bombings since the early 80s in the process which they describe as their freedom struggle. Members of the group were convicted for the suicide bomber assassinations of Sri Lankan President Ranasinghe Premadasa (1988-1993) and former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi [6]. UNHCR has reported that this organisation recruits children by force.[7][/quote]

Other nationalist terrorists

[quote]
* An gof - an gof - Cornwall - was thought to be inactive but as of March 12th 2007 they have become active once more.
* Anuak Terrorist Militants Western Ethiopia and Eastern Sudan.
* East Turkestan Islamic Movement - Central Asia and China
* East Turkistan Liberation Organization (China)
* ETA (Basque Fatherland and Liberty) - Spain and southern France (founded 1959)
* GAL (Grupos Antiterroristas de Liberación) Spanish death squad (1980s)
* Scottish National Liberation Army (SNLA) - Scotland (defunct)
* Croatian Revolutionary Brotherhood - Yugoslavia (disbanded)
* Front de Libération du Quebec - Canada (founded 1963)
o Cells: Chenier Cell, Liberation Cell,
* Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK/KADEK/KONGRA-GEL) - Turkey
* Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA; 1993-1999) - Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
* Los Macheteros - Puerto Rico (founded 1976)
* National Council of Resistance of Iran (MKO front)[16][17]
* National Front for the Liberation of Corsica (FLNC) - France
* People’s Mujahedin of Iran (MEK/MKO) - Iran
* Armed Islamic Group (GIA) - France, Algeria
* OJAL (Algeria)
* Ogaden National Liberation Front
* Oromo Liberation Front - 1973
* Organisation armée secrète (OAS) - France, Algeria (disbanded)
* VMO (1950-1970 and 1971-1983) - Flanders[/quote]

Anarchist

[quote]
* Anti-State Justice
* Black Star
* Conscientious Arsonists
* The Angry Brigade
* New Revolutionary Alternative
* Squamish Five[/quote]

Leftist, Communist, Leninist, Trotskyst, Maoist and Marxist

[quote]
* Action Directe - France
* African National Congress - South Africa (renounced violence)
* Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia (ASALA, disbanded since 1986) - Lebanon, Armenia and the USA
* CCC - Belgium
* Chukaku-Ha - Japan
* Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) - Nepal - currently taking part in disarmament and cooperation in a new interim government for Nepal
* Ejército de Liberación Nacional - Colombia
* GRAPO - Spain
* Japanese Red Army (Sekigun) - Japan
* June 2 Movement - West Germany (disbanded)
* Khmer Rouge - Cambodia (disbanded)
* Naxals or Naxalites - India
* NPA or New People’s Army - Philippines
* Revolutionary Organization 17 November (17N) - Greece
* Pan-Africanist Congress - South Africa (renounced violence)
* People’s War Group - India
* Red Army Faction (popularly known as the Baader-Meinhof Gang) - Germany (founded 1967, disbanded)
* Red Brigades (Brigate Rosse) - Italy (founded 1969)
* Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) - Colombia
* Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party-Front (DHKP & DHKP/C) - Turkey
* Shining Path (Sendero Luminoso) - Peru (active since the late 1960s)
* Symbionese Liberation Army - USA (disbanded)
* Túpac Amaru Revolutionary Movement (MRTA) - Peru
* United Freedom Front - USA (founded in 1976, now disbanded)
* United Liberation Front of Assam - India
* Weathermen - USA (founded in 1969, now disbanded)
o Spin-off: May 19th Communist Movement (active 1978-85)[/quote]

Ethnic terrorists (including neo-Nazis and white-supremacists)

[quote]
* Army for the Liberation of Rwanda - Rwanda (Hutu emancipatory;genocidal)
* Aryan Nations - United States
* Boeremag - South Africa
* Combat 18 - United Kingdom
* Column 88 - United Kingdom
* CSA - United States
* Creativity Movement - United States
* Jondollah - Iran
* Ku Klux Klan - United States (founded in 1865 and revived several times since).
* Mouvement d’Action et Défense Masada - France (disbanded). This was a French neo-Nazi organization, disguised as a Zionist extremist group, which attacked Arab targets.
* National Socialist Movement - United Kingdom
* The Order - United States (disbanded)
* Racial Volunteer Force - United Kingdom
* White Aryan Resistance - United States[/quote]

Anti-Communists

[quote]
* Contras - Nicaragua
* Alianza Anticomunista Argentina - Argentina
* Alianza Americana Anticomunista - Colombia
* Autodefensas Unidas de Colombia - Colombia
* Ranvir Sena - India[/quote]

Cuban exile groups

[quote]
Further information: Opposition to Fidel Castro

All groups recognised by the International terrorism report from the United States Central Intelligence Agency.[18] The principle aim of these groups is to forge political change in Cuba.

* Abdala
* Alpha 66
* Anti-Castro Commando
* Anti-Communist Commandos
* Brigade 2506
* Condor
* Coordination of United Revolutionary Organizations (CORU - includes Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada Carriles)
* Cuba Action
* Cuba Action Commandos
* Cuban Anti-Communist League
* Cuban C-4
* Movement Cuban Liberation Front
* Cuban National Liberation Front (FLNC)
* Cuban Power (el Poder Cubano)
* Cuban Power
* Cuban Representation in Exile
* Cuban Revolutionary Directorate
* Cuban Revolutionary Organization
* Cuban Youth Group International
* Secret Revolutionary United Cells
* JCN (expansion unknown)
* Latin American Anti-Communist Army
* Movement of Cuban Justice Movement of the Seventh (M-7)
* National Integration Front (FIN; Cuban Nationalist Front)
* Omega 7
* Pedro Luis Boitel
* Command Pedro Ruiz Botero
* Commandos Pragmatistas
* Scorpion (el Alacran)
* Second Front of Escambray
* Secret Anti-Castro Cuban Army
* Secret Cuban Government
* Secret Hand Organization
* Secret Organization Zero
* Young Cubans
* Youths of the Star[/quote]

Issue-specific

[quote]
Ecologist

* Animal Liberation Front (ALF) - operates worldwide. Property damage and animal release, related to animal rights issues. Listed as one of the top domestic threats by United States Department of Homeland Security, FBI and ATF.
* Earth Liberation Front (ELF) - Founded 1992; operates in US, Canada, and UK. Property destruction, related to environmental issues. Listed as one of the top domestic threats by United States Department of Homeland Security, FBI and ATF.
* Environmental Life Force - Disbanded in 1972. Used explosive and incendiary devices in defense of the environment.

Abortion

* Army of God -- anti-abortion, operates in the United States. Property damage and loss of life in attacks on abortion clinics.[/quote]

Others

[quote]Africa

* Interahamwe - Rwanda - Hutu nationalist, strongly anti Tutsi. Responsible for the 1994 Rwanda genocide
* Janjaweed - Sudan
* Mungiki - Kenya
* Revolutionary United Front - Sierra Leonean rebels

Caribbean

* Front for the Advancement and Progress of Haiti (FRAPH) - Haiti
* National Revolutionary Front for the Liberation of Haiti - Haiti
* Tonton Macoutes - Haiti

France

* Action Directe (AD), an anti-NATO organization responsible for the 1986 murder of Georges Besse.

Spain

* ETA Euskadi Ta Askatasuna, main terrorist organization in Spain responsible of the numerous bombings, seeking an independent Basque Country. See also Kale borroka.
* GAL Grupo Antiterrorista de Liberacion, terrorist organization of the government in the 1980s.
* GRAPO Grupo Antifacista Primero de Octubre, terrorist organization of extreme left
* FAG Fuerzas Armadas Guanches, terrorist organization of the Islas Canarias part of MPAIAC in the 1970s.
* Terra Lliure terrorist group of Catalonia in the 1980s. and 1990s.
* Exercito Guerrilleiro do Povo Galego Ceibe separatist group in Galicia

United Kingdom

* Animal Rights Militia, a terrorist organization responsible for numerous letter bombs in Great Britain during the 1980s.
* Scottish National Liberation Army, a Scottish terrorist organization fighting for the cause of Scottish independence.
* An Gof, a Cornish terrorist organization fighting for the cause of Cornish independence.

United States

* Afro-American Liberation Army (AALA), a terrorist organization active in Los Angeles during the 1970s.
* Aliens of America, a terrorist organization active in Los Angeles during the 1970s.
* American Indian Movement (AIM), originally founded as a civil rights organization, the AIM was involved in the 1972 occupations of the Mayflower II, Mount Rushmore and the Bureau of Indian Affairs headquarters in Washington, D.C. as well as the 1973 standoff at Wounded Knee during which members were involved in gun battles with federal agents.
* Americans for Justice, a terrorist organization active on the west coast during the 1970s.
* Bay Bombers, a radical terrorist organization active in San Francisco, California during the 1960s.
* Black Afro Militant Movement (BAMM), a militant terrorist organization
* Black Liberation Army (BLA), an offshoot faction of the Black Panther Party reportedly involved in murders of police officers in San Francisco and New York between 1971 and 1973.
* Black Muslims, a separatist involved in numerous shootouts with police and other violent activities including the "Zebra Killings" in which fourteen people were murdered in the San Francisco-area.
* Black Nation of Islam (BNI), a terrorist organization active during the 1970s and 80s.
* Black Revolutionary, a terrorist organization active in New York during the 1970s.
* Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA), a terrorist organization responsible for the 1973 murder of Oakland school superintendent Marcus Foster and, most notably, the 1974 kidnapping of Patricia Hearst.
* Weather Underground (WU), radical terrorist organization responsible for nineteen bombings between 1969 and 1974, including the U.S. Capitol Building in 1971 and The Pentagon in 1974.[/quote][/quote]

[color=black]Moving on…[/color]

Gosh. Yeah. You are so right. I mean the Jews and Orthodox Russians have been running around blowing up no end of targets while talking about how their religion inspired them to do so. You are right. I apologize. I was out of line to suggest that Islam might have something to do with terrorism or terrorist violence particularly in a nation like Afghanistan. You got me there![/quote]

Islamic converts, as inherently dangerous. :ponder: Let me think about that. Let’s see…

Keith Ellison - Representative from Minnesota’s 5th congressional district, first Muslim to be elected to Congress.
A danger to American democracy! (We’ve been over this one recently.)

Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar - a slam-dunk case for burning all heritical converts if ever there was one.

Queen Noor of Jordan - reason enough to put Jordan in the ranks of the axis of evil?

And, my all time favorite, come on, mr. smith, say loud, say it proud:

[color=black]
WHAT’S HIS NAME?[/color]

[color=black]What is HIS name?
Come on, fred, tell it to that big, bad man’s face.
Tell him how you feeeel about his dangerous, misguided conversion to an unholy, misbegotten creed.

What’s his name?[/color]
:raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry:

Ah Jaboney. What an effort my widdle chumums went to dig up all that information from that ONE site that is used over and over and over again. So would I have to worry about the IRA while flying from New York to Taipei? Will I have to worry about Kahane (the Jew) when flying from Mexico to Manila? Will I have to worry about some white supremacist group while vacationing in Bali? Thailand? the Philippines? Will I have to worry about some anti-abortionists while eating in a restaurant in Istanbul? Amman? Cairo? Or is there a connection to all of these worries as enjoyed by people all over the world? No? No connection… Oh I guess we all must be engaging in some sort of worldwide hallucination, some sort of worldwide delusional paranoia? Oh, Okay, then… Keep on going. And do share some of your philosophical and psychological insights into why all this mistaken aggression and fear are being generated… x variable with y factor is leading to z outcome. Can you include letters and preferably some numbers with a few scattered decimals this time? There’s a good boy!