High Definition Satellite TV

Hello everybody,

My name is Josiah, and I’m a sales intern for DISH HD Asia.

Dish HD Asia is a newly founded company partnered with DISH network to bring high definition satellite channels to Taiwan. Some of you might have seen DISH HD’s booth outside Costco or New York, New York and have seen the product and service we are providing.

We are proud to present 35 channels with about 25 more coming in January. Currently, of the 35 channels, 16 are in high definition, the most in Taiwan. Some of these channels include, ASN (All Sports Network), FOX HD, and HBO HD.

I grew up in Taiwan and know how great this product is to the expat community in Taiwan. It’s too bad I wasn’t still in Taiwan when this came out.

As a Sales Intern though, DISH HD is allowing me to provide a very good deal for my customers.

If you would like to know more information about channels and programs available, the products website is dishhdasia.com/ and if anyone’s interested, feel free to send me a private message and I can provide you with brochures and more information about the special offer.

We all belong to someone called SatelliteTV. He owns the souls of most people here.
The rest of us are worshipers of his nemesis, an evil being called DownloadTV.

And now run before you get in between those two titans. Run!

:whistle:

Hi Josh, great to have you here. I see you guys have upgraded your English website, that is great.
You said more channels in January, are those the channels with a red dot on their logo in your site?
Keep this thread updated, I believe many of us are interested.

I don’t know. 1000/month seems kind of steep if I have to pay for that on top of cable. The wife likes the Taiwanese soaps, so unless that includes all local channels, it’s a no go.

why on earth would I need a high definition picture of Satellite TV? That old bastard? Come on, low-res pictures of him are scary enough.

[quote=“igorveni”]Hi Josh, great to have you here. I see you guys have upgraded your English website, that is great.
You said more channels in January, are those the channels with a red dot on their logo in your site?
Keep this thread updated, I believe many of us are interested.[/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘red dot’, but I can’t comment specifically which channels are going to be available in the near future.

The 1000nt/month may seem like a steep price, but it’s a great value for a product that isn’t available in Taiwan on such a level. Believe me, I have this product, and it is well worth the cost.

[quote=“josiahmcdermott”][quote=“igorveni”]Hi Josh, great to have you here. I see you guys have upgraded your English website, that is great.
Keep this thread updated, I believe many of us are interested.[/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘red dot’, but I can’t comment specifically which channels are going to be available in the near future.

The 1000nt/month may seem like a steep price, but it’s a great value for a product that isn’t available in Taiwan on such a level. Believe me, I have this product, and it is well worth the cost.[/quote]
I see it has Star World. Seeing as we don’t get that on local cable down in Tainan, I gotta say I’m 60% onboard. Pity they don’t have a channel that shows rugby, or even some rugby games like the Aussie Network.

I never thought about airing rugby, but there is ASN which is a really good sports channel showing the hockey playoffs right now and it features lots of other sports like football and auto racing.

Rugby, mate. Not girly namby pamby faux sports. :raspberry:

[quote=“bob_honest”]We all belong to someone called SatelliteTV. He owns the souls of most people here.

:whistle:[/quote]

Yeah, I dunno. These guys will have to do a lot more to steal me (and many others) away from ole SatTV. This weekend was another prover IMO. Apart from having all the channels they advertise anyway, I have 30 sports channels amongst more than 100 channels to choose from. I can watch live NHL, MLB, NFL, Aussie ARL, NRL, AFL, Super 14, Heineken Cup, Top14, June Internationals, November Internationals, Tri-Nations, Six Nations and all major sporting events including the FIFA Football World Cup live with English commentary.

Just watched the Argentina vs Scotland international where the Scots managed to beat Argentina. A huge upset win, and the first time Argentina has ever lost at Tucuman. I would have been very unhappy if I’d missed that!

IMO, if someone is going to try and start a HD satellite service they will need to realise that there’s a lot more to providing sports than baseball, basketball and Ice Hockey. :idunno:

Yes it is a decent price for a small package.

But please don’t underestimate that the content is not available here. NHL & NFL, NASCAR, Indy Cars Golf NBA etc has always been available here for over the 2 decades plus I have lived here already. I got a call from an Expat asking why he has no signal yesterday on Dish HD, I had to tell him his puny dish is not good in bad weather, he is not amused. When he tried to tell the installer he wanted a bigger dish he was told it’s not necesary. You never heard of rain fade right?

We have had ASN here for over 2 years already, and KRBO carries that on cable as well. All of the channels you have have been available for many years here and you are just another service provider. It’s a good package for north Americans but has little to attract those who need a larger variety of channels. Fox News which you can also watch online is not really interesting for non Americans, I’d rather watch the Pentagon Channel.

As Bismark says he has more sports channels on his package than your whole package has in channels altogether. There are so many major sports events on this month they are so hard to list, World Cup Football ( any package that doesnt carry that isn’t worth considering ), French Open that just finshed, Wimbledon soon, F1, MotoGP, Superbikes, Rugby tests, Cricket, NBA finals, Tour De France, Le Mans, Golf etc… all live.

Your package had no winter olympics, no 20 20 or world cup cricket, and no other major events except NHL Stanley Cup Finals and NBA. NBA is on local TV anyways.

Yet Bismark gets all these major events on ONE system, let alone he gets every live 380 Premier Leage games.

Ouch!
josiahmcdermott, if you want to attract foreign customers you are going to need to step up to the needs and wants of our community.
But like I said, keep posting any updates on your services.
Also if any forumosans who subscribed to their services could post what they think about it, it’d be great, like how is the srvice, speed, quality etc…

[quote=“bob_honest”]We all belong to someone called SatelliteTV. He owns the souls of most people here.

:whistle:[/quote]

See, that’s what I meant. Now you have it.