High speed internet month to month payments

Does any company offer High speed internet from month to month basis and not a 1-2 year contract?

You are just gonna have to factor in the early termination fee as part of your bill.

Do you know what a termination fee goes for these days xD

Couldn’t you just use a prepaid 4G card and hotspot a phone?

2 Likes

According to CHT:

Termination fee = total subsidy x (days left / days used)

total subsidy = equipment subsidy + telecom subsidy

Telecom subsidy is a monthly thing, probably around 22NTD per month. Equipment subsidy is a one time fee around 4,000 to 18,000, usually about 6,000 for CHT.

There’s an additional violation fee, which is around 4,000.

The formula means the longer you’ve stayed on your contract, the less you get penalized.

Sadly, that is usually faster.

I was just wondering, what if I get high speed internet but then move in 6 months time. Is it linked to my home address or can I just transfer it to a new residence.

What if I need to leave the country after some unforeseeable circumstances arise, and I am locked into a 2 year contract… :o

It can be transferred. You can choose not to transfer it and pay internet for your landlord’s future tenants though :smiley:

That’s a great question…for your local telecom provider representative.

I would assume you’ll just have to pay up. I highly doubt there’s a clause in your contract stating that if an unforeseeable circumstance arises, you are waived for the cancellation fees. Imagine the amount of old people abusing that clause if it were there!