Hijack This

OK, I did a search before creating this thread.
Turned up a couple of posts regarding Hijack This, which seem to confirm what I’d heard previously:
it’s an effective program for ridding your computer of many nasty gremlins hidden deep in the registry,
but HANDLE WITH CARE.

I’d probably misunderstand the tutorial even if I had the patience to read it properly, so …
can anyone advise (in layman’s terms) how best to use it, and what to be careful of not stuffing up?

Cheers

Damn! I thought you were looking for someone to hijack this thread. I guess I’ll look back into the IP forum once I sober up enough :slight_smile:

[quote=“Infidel”]OK, I did a search before creating this thread.
Turned up a couple of posts regarding Hijack This, which seem to confirm what I’d heard previously:
it’s an effective program for ridding your computer of many nasty gremlins hidden deep in the registry,
but HANDLE WITH CARE.

I’d probably misunderstand the tutorial even if I had the patience to read it properly, so …
can anyone advise (in layman’s terms) how best to use it, and what to be careful of not stuffing up?

Cheers[/quote]

Infidel, I hear you. The program needs to be very powerful to get rid of those annoying “additions” to your computer, but unfortunately, as Spidey’s granda says, “With great power comes great responsibility” or something like that. In other words, the more powerful it is, the easier it is to just choose one wrong option and seriously mess up your computer.

Anyway, here’s the best thing to do when you’re just starting out…
1: Read this: techsupportforum.com/hijackt … kthis.html
2: Post your log on that same forum (Not in the same thread) if you still need ANY advice, and someone there will help you out.

Good luck.

irishstu

That looks like an awesome site - just what a barely
computer-literate dumbarse like me needs.

I’ll give it a whirl.

Cheers!