Hike Sunday March 5: Sandiaoling Waterfall Trail

Boots? You’re going to encase your feet in boots? What’s wrong with hiking bare-footed? You’re not one of those soft, degenerate city boys, are you?[/quote]

Boots, white socks, nothing else…

Hope so Stupot, be great to see you again!

Just a pullover and an umbrella? Nothing else? That must have been quite a site, Macho Man. :smiley:

Just a pullover and an umbrella? Nothing else? That must have been quite a site, Macho Man. :smiley:[/quote]

The wind was in the willows that day, for sure.

BTW, AWOL, I suggest you buy some hikign socks with reinforced toes and heels. Hiking in regular socks will give you blisters. And don’t double up wth a thinner pair underneath. One pair, reinforced is the way to go now. Even on 8 hour hikes I have never gotten a blister.

mm - totally down with the drill. my original q was more related to the nature of the hike - ie - wet, dry, muddy, steep, flat etc, as opposed to pack contents itinerary. i can gear up accordingly

[quote=“AWOL”]
Boots, white socks, nothing else…[/quote]

So it’s Macho Man wearing nothing below his waist and AWOL wearing nothing above his ankles. If only I fancied men…

stu

never shut out half the population mate…

[quote=“AWOL”]stu

never shut out half the population mate…[/quote]

Oooer- is this going to be a kinky hike? If so I’ll wear my waterproof G-string…:noway:

Right, I thought it was an odd question for a veteran mountain biker.

was a meeting time decided yet?

Later.

Okay, we must catch the 10:40am train on Sunday. This is a direct train to Sandiaoling. I believe last time we transfered in Ruifang but there is no need. At Sandiaoling the lines split, one going toward Pingxi, the other the main line down the east coast.

The next train is after 12 so if you are late, you are out of luck. We arrive in Sandiaoling at 11:36. That gives us more than enough time to finish the hike.

The train from Shifen (our destination) leaves at 5:24 and 6:48 for Taipei (with a connection in Ruifang). It is possible to go the other direction to Jingtong and then catch a bus back to Muzha. I will probably take this route. The train to Jingtong leaves at 5:22 and 6:06.

So meet at the Main Station by 10:20. I think we can meet at the tourist info centre just beside the ticket area. Just go to where you buy tickets and walk around. You will see it.

Wish you all a nice hike this weekend.

Yesterday, I got frikken acute laryngitis. Hopefully it will be better by Sunday, cos I’m really looking forward to this.

All I can say is that the weather better be like this tomorrow or Limey is a dead man for asking for a Sunday hike.

You bring the planks and I’ll bring the nails?

But though the weak frontal system that’s due to arrive this evening will bring cooler weather and showers tomorrow, it should still be good weather for hiking, even if not as ideal as today.

:raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry: Looking forward to seeing you Omni.

Sorry I’m going to miss the crucifixion.

This hike just ends up too long for a down southerner commuter.

I’d leave home at 8:30am (now) and get home again at 8:30 tonight if I was lucky battling back through Sunday traffic.

Well, despite the gloomy forecasts, it looks like you had wonderful weather today for a hike. Good for you all.

We were expecting clouds and prepared for drizzle. We had blue skies and sun. And I didn’t bring a hat or sunscreen…