A French couple traveling from Pingdong’s Wutou mountain to Dawu mountain got lost, and requested assistance. They then went out of contact. The search went on for 2 days, and today were found in a valley, and rescued. They suffered no serious injuries.
Funny hike today with an old Taiwanese friend who invited me to join for some exercise…. All well when we met in the early morning at the start of the elephant mountain trail…. But then he “explained” to me that as he was more than 10 years younger than me, did running and bicycle riding 5 times a week so best if I walked first and chose the speed so I didn’t get too tired following him….
Ok, he speaks the truth as I am getting old and not in as great shape I was when younger… but the truth hurts
and I am way too competitive
![]()
So I went first, not really running up the stairs but faster than usual and passing people rapidly, and soon I could hear his breathing behind me, so I turned my head and asked him if I was going too slow and should pick up the speed
Psychological warfare ![]()
When we reached the top of Elephant mountain he laid down on the ground grasping for air and one could see the panic in his eyes when I pointed at the trail to Jiuwu peak and said “let’s go up there and take the trail down to Nangang” ![]()
My legs and knees will suffer tomorrow, as I will probably not be ok to walk after such a rapid hiking, but it was worth it
![]()