Hiking: Return to Wuliao Jian - Dec 18

[quote=“Muzha Man”]Since we want to catch dinner, we don’t need to start till around 11am. That means meeting in Sanxia at 10:30. The rats should remember how to get to the traffic roundabout triangle so let’s meet there, same place as last time. Seeker4, can you meet us in Muzha and follow?

S4, there are hotsprings nearby (15 minutes drive away) so Molly can always go there is she wants something to do.
[/quote]
Thanks for the hot spring tip. I’ll ask. Mollie might like that.

As for meeting time, one consideration (from the sole member of the “Early Bird Club”). Let’s assume the longest hike (as all good planners do). That’s 6 hours if no hang-ups. Starting at 11am + 6 = … wait … ok, I know this … hmmm … 5pm. What are the daylight conditions at 5pm now in the mountains? Either dark or near dark. Just a thought. Might be plenty of time.

Car: OK, there will be two available seat in the car, Limey will take one, leaving one seat open. Yes, MM, we can meet you at the Mucha MRT Station as normal (is that the right place?).

[quote=“seeker4”][quote=“Muzha Man”]Since we want to catch dinner, we don’t need to start till around 11am. That means meeting in Sanxia at 10:30. The rats should remember how to get to the traffic roundabout triangle so let’s meet there, same place as last time. Seeker4, can you meet us in Muzha and follow?

S4, there are hotsprings nearby (15 minutes drive away) so Molly can always go there is she wants something to do.
[/quote]
Thanks for the hot spring tip. I’ll ask. Mollie might like that.

As for meeting time, one consideration (from the sole member of the “Early Bird Club”). Let’s assume the longest hike (as all good planners do). That’s 6 hours if no hang-ups. Starting at 11am + 6 = … wait … ok, I know this … hmmm … 5pm. What are the daylight conditions at 5pm now in the mountains? Either dark or near dark. Just a thought. Might be plenty of time.

Car: OK, there will be two available seat in the car, Limey will take one, leaving one seat open. Yes, MM, we can meet you at the Muzha MRT Station as normal (is that the right place?).[/quote]

Should you guys go hiking?. Sunday morning there is going to be a typhoon and earthquake and giant wasps swarms will be on patrol.

Not to mention killer mists and Arctic Mongolian Winds.

s4, 6 hours is very generous for a time frame. The mian point is I don’t want to finish at 3 and have an early dinner (though why that is such a problem even I can’t explain to myself :slight_smile: ).

In any case, when we finish the first section we can make our decision. If we have plenty of time and stamina we will go on. if not we won’t. Both trails end at the same place. The second route is a loop (almost) off the first.

BTW, please meet up at Muzha Station at 9:45.

We will meet the rats in Sanxia at 10:30.

At the moment it does not look too good with the hike on Sunday. I’d say 20% that I am coming. I will give a definitive yes or no on Saturday. But so far, nobody needs a ride, correct? Man, I am looking so much forward to our heater’s arrival.

If anyone is interested, on Saturday I might be going hiking with those Taiwanese guys who showed us the swimming hole in wulai last summer. These guys are planningn a two day hike from Xinzhu to Wulai and I want to get in on it. Anyone is welcome on Saturday (and the two day trek too). I need to learn about this 2 day hike as it is crucial to my walk down Taiwan route. I have now worked almost all a route down to the southern cross island highway starting from my house in Muzha.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]s4, 6 hours is very generous for a time frame.
[/quote]
Ok

Solves that mystery!

Ok.

Ratlung: Sorry you’re feeling crappy. I’m surrounded by sickness in all of my environments. Although I’ve had a flu shot, I’ve got my own fingers crossed. My “sources” tell me that you might be well enough by Sunday evening to meet us for dinner. If so, that would be great. Oh yeah, even crappy, firetrap heaters prevent sickness. They might cause death, but they prevent sickness. Think “disposable”.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]If anyone is interested, on Saturday
[/quote]
With present workload, no way I can do two days of hiking. Nice idea though

… for April through September.

Any plans of coming in on Sunday?

Depends. For less than $1,200 per person? :wink:

pre-christmas is a little cheaper … :slight_smile:

Drink more Gluwien (I’m sure I spelt that wrong) and bring a flask for the hike, you’ll feel on top of the world…Sseriously, it will be a bummer to miss you…again…did I say again…again…er…again…

L.

As last time … drink gluh beer … :wink:

I don’t know what it would do for anyone else, but I’d give my right leg (or at least a small toe) for a flask of Gluwein. Haven’t had any in exactly 20 years, but the pleasant memory is a strong one. Hmmm…

According to Ratlung the mix is available at Jason’s, buy a bottle of plonk ( British slang for wine (usually cheap!) and you’re sorted…happy holidays. Apparently you can get Schtolen (spelling?) there too…oh yes…topic…er…

The weather looks good today, I hope it holds out for our trip on Sunday…mmm.

actually the mix came from Wendels. I was there recently and I think he had a big box there too labeled gluhwien mix. the ones i got are little teabag like packets.

yo hikers:

you need to read [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/taipei-hiking-club-events-chat-iii/22653/51 post[/url] and voice your thoughts. Cheers.

:blush:

I knew it had a Germanic sounding name.

[quote=“Limey”]… the mix is available at Jason’s… Apparently you can get Schtolen (spelling?) there too
[/quote]
As a matter of fact, anything that you don’t watch carefully there might get Schtolen. It’s a seedy part of town – wear a money belt!

:rainbow:

oh ya, the stollen was also from wendels. i bought some marzipan (expensive) from jasons and it was utter and complete crap. the chocolate looked old (whitish) and was caved in on the bottom. i took it back and got it refunded.

Drink more Gluwien (I’m sure I spelt that wrong) and bring a flask for the hike, you’ll feel on top of the world…Sseriously, it will be a bummer to miss you…again…did I say again…again…er…again…

L.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry to miss you also. I am still thinking about the dinner though. That might work out. Oh, it is spelled Gluehwein (“ue” is the “umlaut u”). I am sure it will keep me up for the hike, but the next day would be so bad. Don’t want to do that.