Hilarious BBC Mistaken-Identity Cock-up!

The news story

The clip

The look on the cab driver’s face when he realises he’s been mistaken for his fare and being interviewed live on TV is classic. :laughing: He does a great job of ad-libbing it, though, bless him.

That was great! I like it when the reporter asks the outside journalist about it, and he refers to the guy in the studio. “Well, I think you heard it just there…”

You are right: Hilarious.

Fantastic! :laughing: :bravo:

Hilarious! That look was priceless! :laughing:

guess he’s been in england long enough to realize he should just ad-lib it, lol

The interviewer was terrible. “Uhhh, erm, uhhh…”

Do you think she knew about the cock-up and was sweating floppily?

But yeah, the dawning of the realization…frickin’ funny.

Glorious. The real Guy Kewney has a website here where he describes it himself. Oh, it wasn’t a cabbie though:

[quote]His name is Guy Goma - which goes some way to explaining why he (and the BBC receptionist) assumed that someone asking for Guy Kewney was asking for him.

And he wasn’t there to pick up a fare, because he’s not a cabbie. He’s a Business Studies graduate, from the Congo, and he was there in reception because he was applying for a high level IT job with the BBC.

Apparently the unflappable Mr Goma assumed the whole thing was some kind of initiation prank. His own speciality is data cleansing, and (my source inside the Beeb tells me) was “a little upset that nobody asked him about his data cleansing expertise.”[/quote]
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
It’s almost enough to make me wish I was still paying my license fee - certainly getting your money’s worth there :laughing:

That was hilarious! The look on his face was priceless.