Hiring a foreign restaurant/bar manager

does anyone here have experience with this? i want to hire a foreign manager to reopen a bar/restaurant. Anyone have information or advice?

Hire one who is allowed to stay without a work permit.

[quote=“yoyoyo”]does anyone here have experience with this? i want to hire a foreign manager to reopen a bar/restaurant. Anyone have information or advice?[/quote]Choose a foreigner who has a JFRV marriage based ARC, or an APRC with an Open-Work Permit. These two visa categories will allow you to hire a foreigner without any special requirements to secure a work permit for them as they have unrestricted work rights. As far as paperwork, you can treat them the same as if you were hiring a Taiwanese.

Good luck.

The point of it is that the person I wish to hire is in neither of those categories.

have they lived here for 5 years?

otherwise, are they dating their SO and prepared to marry a local?..

otherwise, you’ll need to bel looking at 5million per year turnover, pretty tough unless you have a really busy restaurant

im sure there are other ways around it mind, find an agent probably best bet

Then you’ll need to get your accountant to check what the current company valuation figure is to allow your company to get a Work Permit and accompanying ARC for your manager.
I think I heard recently something like NT$500K was the minimum, but that could be BS.

Aside from that, are you sure your operating budget will allow you to pay a foreigner to manage your new joint??

Chief,
We can pay the manager no problem. If those numbers are correct ( nt500000 ) that should be no problem then. Can anyone confirm those numbers?

There are a couple of different things which you have to take into account.

One is to get the ARC and workpermit for him. If you are a running company than you need to have at least 5 million NT annual turnover. There is also a part which says you need at least 5 times the amount of capitalisation of the company but I think that just applies for new companies.

The other part is the salary, as there is a different minimum salary applying for forreigners, I believe its around 48000 NT a mont or something. I guess there wouldn’t be many willing to come to Taiwan for less than that anyway.

[quote=“yoyoyo”]Chief,
We can pay the manager no problem. If those numbers are correct ( nt500000 ) that should be no problem then. Can anyone confirm those numbers?[/quote]

Get your accountant to confirm them.
This is an Internet forum, if you’re going to be doing business, I suggest you base your model and strategy on considerably more official sources than what’s found here.