His Hands Doula Services

Of course they can! My mother is a devout Christian, worked for a Christian organization for years, but to my knowledge has never converted anybody or tried to (of course when every single person you work with is Christian, they’re aren’t so many opportunities :wink: ). However, just because it is possible for a person to be Christian, work in a faith-based company, and yet not proselytize to her clients, does not mean it is impossible she won’t be doing so, now does it?

Also, I think your analogy falls a bit short. English-speakers do not generally feel it is their divine duty to teach other people English. They do not believe that all those who do not speak English are going to burn eternally in a lake of fire, nor do they believe that fluency in English grants eternal reward. Though you know, there are some amazingly persnickety grammar teachers out there who sure act like it…

Anyways, speaking as one of those who used to be “saved”, I sensed an ulterior motive here. I maintain that my questions were fair. If you don’t, so be it.

Incidentally, one of the ladies has answered all of my questions already in a PM. As she messaged me and not the forum, I won’t be discussing her answers here.

Hi everyone,
I did reply privately to the previous message posted qestioning our motives. Now since there seems to be a little controversy I will reply to everyone. We are both Christians, we are not “pious”, as I stated in my private message we do not have any reason to be proud or boast. We believe we are saved by grace and not by anything that we ourselves have done. We are not trying to convert everyone we meet, but we do believe what the Bible teaches. Specifically that everythiing we do we should do to the best of our ability as unto the Lord. So in everything we do we seek to honor him, weather we are attending a birth, or we are at home taking care of our own families. (we each have four children of our own, so this is where the real challenge lies to always honor the Lord! :slight_smile: ) Anyways I hope this clears up any misunderstandings, we are not trying to be decietful, we are honest about our beliefs, and our desires to see the birthing situation in Taiwan improved for all women. Blessings to you all and a very happy 2007!

Good point, however the question hasn’t been answered yet.
If a family asks for your services and they are not Catholic, can they expect to receive professional care without having to be ask to get on their knees, pray, read the bible etc…? In other words, can you care for the pre-delivery, delivery and post-delivery without religious involvement for the family? Thank you for clarifying this.

We are not Catholic, we are Christians, and yes we can care for anyone despite their beliefs. It is not our place to force someone to get on their knees and pray and read the Bible. That is between them and God. All we can do is educate them and provide the best possible care for them and their baby. Our goal is to improve childbirth in Taiwan.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify this.

You sound like nice people, anyway. Best of luck in your endeavours.

But now I’m agog at Braxton Hicks’ mention of “Wenling and her Birthing from Within.” I didn’t know there was any other kind!

I was wondering about that too. The closest alternative I could think of was…

Well, Catholics are Christians (a common mistake made by Taiwanese). I assume you mean you’re Protestants. :wink:

Anyway, this is going off-topic: I think the original post was about childbirthing service!

Well, Catholics are Christians (a common mistake made by Taiwanese). I assume you mean you’re Protestants. :wink:

Anyway, this is going off-topic: I think the original post was about childbirthing service![/quote]
There’s nothing wrong with Doula’s sentence. She states that they are not Catholic[s], but are Christians, which logically implies that they are either Protestants or Orthodox or any other grouping of Christians I’ve left out.

“Catholics are not Christians” is a common mistake amongst the Chinese speaking population in general. I attribute it to the way the terms Catholics and Protestants were translated into Chinese.

To bring this back on topic, I’m glad to hear that there are doula services available in Taiwan. It’s a service that’s readily available in Canada although we never had the need or want to use it for our kids.

Do to the recent opening of the high speed rail, we are extending our boundries and offering our services in Taipei and Taichung. If you are pregnant and looking for support during labor, or prenatal classes please contact us. our web address is www.hishandsdoulaservices.homestead.com We look forward to serving you and making birth in Taiwan a joyful experience.

Sincerely,

Trena Campbell RN/CBI Doula and Holly Muir CBI Doula/CBE
His Hands Doula Services