Historic Sex Industry Brothel in Wanhua Becomes Art Space

I went by and took a picture. Beautiful ornate Japanese Colonial building.

I’m curious if the building was built specifically for the sex industry or if it was a repurposed building.

4 Likes

Taipei’s Wanhua, a former red-light district during the Japanese colonial period

Ummm

3 Likes

Using the word Sex in a headline is good clickbait.

1 Like

“Former” maybe that means when it was officially designated and licensed.

I passed through the neighborhood today around 6:00 p.m. and what I’ll generously call Auntie’s were trying to get my attention and talk to me and invite me into places and going as far as to run out into the small street.

1 Like

Not the most accurate phrasing as you have seen :slight_smile: COVID hasn’t killed the industry I see!

How was the tea then?

3 Likes

Ke P the current Taipei mayor considered making the area an official red light district again.

He had support from the local neighborhood but not enough support from others even though there was support from others.

I’d rather go to the brothel than the art space

2 Likes

I hope you have your yellow vaccination card with you then. Not to mention some other vaccinations that might be appropriate as well.

1 Like

President Chen was the one that really fucked the prostitutes :upside_down_face:

edit. or was it Lee? damn, now I forgot who did it.

It was that SOB Chen. He also took away video game parlors

Who needs those shady gambling machines when we can get honest skilled based claw machines?

1 Like

Perhaps the video game thing was when he was the taipei guy? Still loads down here, albeit more and more tame. At least he killed the tanning industry up north. silver lining.

why was I thinking Lee then about screwing the prostitutes ? Sorry Lee.