Hogzilla, the legend grows

Is that a big ass pig?

• Hell yes it is

0 voters

I think everyone needs to see this article for some reason. I saw it in the china post a couple weeks back and found it on cnn. I don’t think the Big Bad Wolf would’ve messed with dude.

Click the link to see a picture.

[quote=“CNN”][url=http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/07/28/hogzilla.ap/]ALAPAHA, Georgia (AP) – Around these parts, they are calling it Hogzilla: a 12-foot-long wild hog recently killed on a plantation and now quickly becoming a part of local legend.

The plantation’s owner claims the hog weighed 1,000 pounds and had 9-inch tusks. But few people have actually seen the hog – the only proof being a photo that shows the dead beast hanging from a rope…[/url][/quote]

It’s bullshit. If it was real they could (and would) go dig it up.

I assumed the first response was, “Hell yes it is,” and the second response was the more confident and forceful, “Hell yes it is,” so I went with the second one.

I would have had a BBQ for a whole town.

Only one picture of something that big? What, did Bubba’s Memory Stick get full? He looks a bit far back from the hog. I’d believe it a bit more if he was standing closer with his hand on it. And I believe nine inches is a bit longer than that.

It made it to the Urban Legends site. Status–undetermined.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp

Undetermined? It could be solved right now unless Bubba Jim and his buddies done cooked it up on the BBQ (pronounced bee-bee-kyoo fer all you city fo’ks)with a mess of cole slaw and beans finished off with ice cold Old Milwaukee.

Now them’s sum good eatin’.

Here’s a black-and-white pic of one of the Alapaha, GA, area’s “regular” hogs surrounded by “Alapaha blue blood bulldogs.”

ictchosting.com/hogsbranch/wildboar.jpg

And here’s another “non-Hogzilla” pic from that same locale, the hunter posing by the head.
kens-fishfarm.com/hog-hunt/4.jpg

They likes they hog hunts in Alapaha.

And here’s an 800-pounder shot in Arkansas. At absitinvidia.com/mt/archives/000152.html

So I guess 1,000 lbs. is not entirely unbelievable.

How do they come up with a measurement of 12 feet? If the guy standing next to the hog is 6 feet tall like the story says, then the hog is 8 feet from nose to tail at most.

Maybe the guy lied on his driver’s license and is only 4 feet tall.

Just ask the guy where hog is buried and look at the bones is what I say.

That’s because you’ve always been told that this:

l<------------------------------------------------------>l

is 9 inches.

ToeKills

I remember when the joke was six inches.

The truth about Hogzilla may soon be known.
Urban Legends Update

I think it may turn out to be Bigfoot.