Hold the quiche: Manly men are back

Of course this article is about the USA, but can women around the world be far behind this new trend?

[quote]Hold the quiche: Manly men are back
By Amy Doolittle, THE WASHINGTON TIMES

"Women want the “man” back in “manly,” a Harris Interactive survey shows. The rough-and-ready attitude is in, women say, while the manicured “metrosexual” look is on the way out.
A full 61 percent of women surveyed said they would rather see a man’s hands rough and working hard than well-manicured, a slap in the face to the extreme-makeover, suave-guy crowd.
Ninety-two percent of women said dependability is a desirable characteristic in an ideal mate. Only 16 percent chose “fashionable,” and 62 percent chose “strong” as a desirable characteristic.b[/b]
Return of the Manly Man[/quote]

GReat! :fume:

Now what the !!*@@# am I gonna do with all that back wax? :fume:

It’s fakkin about fakkin time.

Manliness as a fashion choice. That’s pretty funny. And ironic too.

But we’ve been through this before. All that Iron John nonsense in the early 90s.

I quite like quiche. Now you’ve gone and made me hungry :unamused:

Can’t one be a manly metrosexual and thus please everyone?

His name and number, please. Thank you.

A certain ex-Forumosan gave me an old copy of Maxim magazine yesterday, so I wore aftershave this morning. I got a rash, though – are you supposed to rub the smelly page over your chin or are you just supposed to sniff it?

I think I should move this to here:

Sounds like it’s time to put together a manliness quiz.

Y’know,

1. Real men drink:
    a) wine coolers
    b) capuccino
    c) beer
    d) damn right we do.

2. Do you look more like:
    a) Leonardo DiCaprio
    b) Michael Jackson
    c) Homer Simpson
    d) Chewbacca

3. Are you color coordinated?
    a) All my things match, honey
    b) Sort of. Sometimes. I think.
    c) Does everything is black count?
    d) You calling me a f-g, you little piece of sh-t?

4. Foreplay is to sex as:
    a) Escargots de Bourgogne are to Aubergines a la Bordelaise
    b) tuning my guitar is to playing it
    c) praying is to salvation
    d) spackling is to painting
    e) what

Ah, so the Hobo look is back?

1st-art-gallery.com/artists/ … %20Dog.jpg

Cool, now I can go back to not giving a shit whether I shave or not. Drink beer instead of crappy bitchy wine (although some red wines are pretty cool too :blush: ). Watching rugby all Saturday. And…wait a minute. I never used to give a toss anyway.

I dated a “manly” man once and he was a total drag. I prefer cool metrosexual hipsters. They take care of their bodies, have good hair and they know how to dress.

We girls don’t spend all this time and energy to look good because we want to. We HAVE to. And I believe what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. If I have to look good, then you are required to look good too. :stuck_out_tongue:

So the fat drunken unshaven Irishman barfly look is back? Excellent!

Funny, I see a lot of geeky badly dressed not-very-recently-washed looking Taiwanese guys with stunning girlfriends. Wonder what’$ the rea$on for that? :unamused:

[quote=“hexuan”]
Funny, I see a lot of geeky badly dressed not-very-recently-washed looking Taiwanese guys with stunning girlfriends. Wonder what’$ the rea$on for that? :unamused:[/quote]

Ye$, it i$ a my$tery.

Women have no idea what they want from a man.

She says:

He must be rough and ready, yet well groomed.
He must be macho with the lads, yet get on with my friends.
He must be handy round the house, yet useful on a shopping trip.

Well girls, theres a word for this kind of man: schizophrenic :loco:
So like it or lump it, but you can’t have it both ways.

And another thing that makes me laugh: The majority of women site sense of humour as the most important attribute in a bloke, ahead of money and status.

Yeah right, hence the phrase “Fighting them off like Ken Dodd”.

Andrew Dice Clay is funny. How come he doesn’t score with the ladies?

I never bought into the whole metrosexual thing. I was suspicious when they started encouraging guys to shave their chest hair.

Shave my f-kin chest hair? Like what the F? NO! You can rip it out of my chest during overly passionate sex if you want, but I’m not gonna F-in’ SHAVE my bloody chest! Bunch of F-in NANNIES, that’s what they are.

Ahem. Sorry. It’s just so LAME!!!

Shave my f-kin chest hair? Like what the F? NO! You can rip it out of my chest during overly passionate sex if you want, but I’m not gonna F-in’ SHAVE my bloody chest! Bunch of F-in NANNIES, that’s what they are.

Ahem. Sorry. It’s just so LAME!!![/quote]

And it would look plain stupid. :loco:

Excessively fretting over your masculinity is for pussies.

Real men don’t waste their time thinking about what makes a “real man”. Only insecure guys go in for all that macho shit.

[quote=“Rubicon Bojador”]Excessively fretting over your masculinity is for pussies.

Real men don’t waste their time thinking about what makes a “real man”. Only insecure guys go in for all that macho shit.[/quote]

Quite so, my good man. Well put. :notworthy: