Holistic or Biological Dentistry

Since the search is disabled, I ask my question by starting a new topic. Does anyone here know of dentists that do not use amalgam for fillings? I have just chipped a tooth and need some immediate dental care and prefer a dentist who does not pull teeth, or put metal in mouth. I have already had all my metal removed and replaced with ceramic resin which does not harm the body as does the nickel and mercury of amalgam fillings.

Any suggestions, referrals would be much appreciated! Thanks so much.

Hi flyingfish. Just so you know, the search function is not disabled now. The message just hasn’t been removed yet.

[quote=“flyingfish”]Since the search is disabled, I ask my question by starting a new topic. Does anyone here know of dentists that do not use amalgam for fillings? I have just chipped a tooth and need some immediate dental care and prefer a dentist who does not pull teeth, or put metal in mouth. I have already had all my metal removed and replaced with ceramic resin which does not harm the body as does the nickel and mercury of amalgam fillings.

Any suggestions, referrals would be much appreciated! Thanks so much.[/quote]Most or all dentists here do indeed offer tooth-colour resin fillings. However, you might have to pay a bit extra.

Can I suggest that you think about getting inlays instead of fillings next time? They cost more but they last much longer. I’ve had some very good inlay work done here and I don’t regret spending the money at all (around 6-7000 NT per inlay).

See the sticky thread for recommendations: Dentists

Joe Sax,

Thank you for your suggestions. I too do not mind spending the extra money to get something in my mouth that does not do harm and also looks good. The situation with this particular tooth is more serious than an inlay. In the past, a dentist wanted to remove it and put in a bridge which would seriously damage the other two teeth. He put in a large inlay and after 3 years it seems the inlay is still there, but the tooth broke off. Whew!

Some major work needs to be done. Would you mind sharing the name and address of your dentist. Does he/she speak English? Thanks.

Rascal
I did begin to read through the more recent posts, but most of the posts seemed to be talking regular dental work covered with National Health Insurance. What I am looking for will probably not be covered by that.

[quote=“flyingfish”]Rascal
I did begin to read through the more recent posts, but most of the posts seemed to be talking regular dental work covered with National Health Insurance. What I am looking for will probably not be covered by that.[/quote]
You have to read further :wink: ; I had an onlay done, not covered by the NHI: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 475#653475

Rascal,

The inlay you had sounds a bit expensive at 10,000NT. I paid 6,000 each for four of mine and 7,000 for the other one, though that was in Taichung.

[quote=“flyingfish”]Some major work needs to be done. Would you mind sharing the name and address of your dentist. Does he/she speak English? Thanks.[/quote]Can’t help you much, sorry. That was in Taichung. There are a couple of dentists mentioned in the thread Rascal linked to (though note that reviews of the New York Dental Clinic are not all positive).

[quote=“joesax”]Rascal,

The inlay you had sounds a bit expensive at 10,000NT. I paid 6,000 each for four of mine and 7,000 for the other one, though that was in Taichung.[/quote]
Yep, expensive it is but compared to what I paid in Germany for an inlay it was a bargain. :wink: