Holocaust story a hoax

Oprah got duped again :laughing:

Oprah Winfrey once dubbed it the “greatest love story” she had ever heard: a boy held at a Nazi concentration camp during World War II and a girl on the outside who tossed him apples to keep him alive. They eventually married and grew old together.
Herman Rosenblat has acknowledged his Holocaust love story is fake: “I am sorry.”

It turns out the story of Herman and Roma Rosenblat isn’t true.

The story

Oprah’s judgement, and most especially her opines about literature, have long been notably obtuse.

A majority of readers agree. Most people have vocally said they draw the line at picking her suggested books. But she still has an impact on the industry. I’ll just be glad when she decides to go off into retirement quietly.

A majority of readers agree. Most people have vocally said they draw the line at picking her suggested books. But she still has an impact on the industry. I’ll just be glad when she decides to go off into retirement quietly.[/quote]

So why has it taken so long for the penny to drop?

To make up for the fake story, here’s a real one. My grandmother’s friend, the Austrian poet Josef Luitpold, who wrote under the pen-name “Stern” was detained in a concentration camp. One day he was pushing a barrow of bricks past the camp gate and noticed that there was no guard on the gate. So he put down the bricks and walked out to freedom.

A true story with a happy ending - for one man at least.

Josef Luitpold, Schriftsteller, Dichter und Philosoph, 1886-1966

[quote=“Namahottie”]Oprah got duped again :laughing:

Oprah Winfrey once dubbed it the “greatest love story” she had ever heard: a boy held at a Nazi concentration camp during World War II and a girl on the outside who tossed him apples to keep him alive. They eventually married and grew old together.
Herman Rosenblat has acknowledged his Holocaust love story is fake: “I am sorry.”

It turns out the story of Herman and Roma Rosenblat isn’t true.

The story[/quote]

Why doesn’t she get Geddy Lee and his mother on to talk about her story in the death camps? At least it’s true.