Holy S*** I have HD sports! In English!

There’s a couple of others, Nat Geo, Discovery and History I think.

Thanks.

I’ve had those with my cable box basic package from the get go. The ASN sports is new though. And very nice!

Can I ask what you’re paying for your HD cable package? I have a TBC digital box here in Taichung. The basic cable package here (without the digital box) is about $333 per month. The digital cable adds about $800 a month, so I’m up to about $1100 per month. The HD channels I get are:

HBO HD
History Channel HD
National Geographic HD

We started with a single HD channel a few months ago, and in the last 2 months they’ve added 2 more. A North American HD sports package would be a lovely addition, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed…

I finally got around to ask the Kbro guy about the channels available, and no ESPN or Star sport, which means no Football (the real one…soccer) :slight_smile: It all seemed so great with all the HBOs and NGC and Discovery etc… the HD channels… but no football. So disappointed.

ESPN and Star Sports are available in their regular cable package.

Hmm?? the guy said no ESPN or Star sport, maybe he thought I wanted only HD?

an annoying thing with this box is that you still get your regular channels on regular cable, and box channels on the box. he was telling you you wouldn’t have those on the box, but they will be on your regular cable.

Yeah, I thought about just running the box, since most of what I watch is on there, but I don’t think that’s possible. The regular cable is like $6500/year for lots of nothing… :unamused:

I pay a little over $8000 a year, I believe. I think it’s $8600 or something. Funny that your digital cable costs more, mine’s the other way around.

I get those games in English. Same for tennis and ML baseball. You just have to switch settings on your TV.

I get those games in English. Same for tennis and ML baseball. You just have to switch settings on your TV.[/quote]
Not everyplace has the SAP.

Is SAP a TV setting or a cable operator setting?

It’s both. You can choose it on your TV, but if the cable operator isn’t transmitting it, it does nothing. Some older TVs may not have the SAP function.

Satans, what is this IPTV you’re talking about and how much does it cost?
Any websites with info?
Thanks

OK Thanks. I know Jim. He sure has an awesome package.

After reading this topic, I switched my TV to channel 3, switched on my set top box from bbtv (or whoever they are; bb…something), only to find out it wasn’t working and a message asking me to call customer service. After giving them a call, it seems they’ve just updated their software/hardware and the channels have changed. Great news for the Hockey and US Football fans it seems, but sucks testicle balls for us Aussies who have now lost the Australian Network (which showed AFL football, NRL Rugby and the Wiggles :slight_smile: ). The girl assured me that Australian Network is GONE and can’t be found through them anymore. They offered me a refund of the rest of my contract which I agreed to.

I then headed down to Chunghua Telecom and checked out their MOD and seeing they have The Australian Network, I booked them in for an install. Funny how the title, ‘Holy S*** I have HD sports! In English!’ could be interpreted by some as bad news rather than good!

[quote=“amos”]After reading this topic, I switched my TV to channel 3, switched on my set top box from bbtv (or whoever they are; bb…something), only to find out it wasn’t working and a message asking me to call customer service. After giving them a call, it seems they’ve just updated their software/hardware and the channels have changed. Great news for the Hockey and US Football fans it seems, but sucks testicle balls for us Aussies who have now lost the Australian Network (which showed AFL football, NRL Rugby and the Wiggles :slight_smile: ). The girl assured me that Australian Network is GONE and can’t be found through them anymore. They offered me a refund of the rest of my contract which I agreed to.

I then headed down to Chunghua Telecom and checked out their MOD and seeing they have The Australian Network, I booked them in for an install. Funny how the title, ‘Holy S*** I have HD sports! In English!’ could be interpreted by some as bad news rather than good![/quote]
I think we’re in the same area. How did you get it back on?

Is there any company offering Eurosport or similar sports channel?

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]I think we’re in the same area. How did you get it back on?[/quote]As I didn’t want to get it put back on I never asked (I took the termination route). For my refund, I need to go to their office. Give them a call. It might be just a matter of them issuing a new bill. I can ask on Saturday morning when they come to take the machine away though if you don’t call.