My wife has decided to open a small daycare center in our home. She has over three years’ experience working at such an establishment in a Chinese community in California. She has received American Red Cross child CPR training, but her certification is now expired. She will either go for more training here in Taiwan or wait until Chinese New Year for training again in the United States.
Here are some miscellaneous additional details:
- Starting in September
- Age group: 18 months to 3 years
- For the first (possibly many) months, she will accept only two children. So with our daughter, that makes a total of three children. She will hire help before accepting more children.
- Tuition is NT$15,000 per month. This includes lunch and at least two snacks. All meals and snacks will be nutritional. Imported bottled water only.
- It will be a Chinese-based program with some (limited) teaching of English words.
- My wife is most concerned with providing a safe, nurturing, and fun environment.
- Area: Nangang (apartment complex right next to the park)
- I’m thinking about setting up a webcam in the playroom so you can see what your child is up to from work or your home.
If interested or would like to know more, please contact He Lau Shr at (please talk to her in Chinese):