Home Loans for Foreigners

Yea, I think it’s possible, but actually some of the mortgage teams seemed less happy to find that the TARC had an expiration compared to a permanent ARC that has no expiration. They seemed to feel that a permanent ARC with local employment would be more valuable to prove I wasn’t going to flee the country with the money, compared to me showing up with just a handful of weeks within the country on my TARC.

I think the aspects I mentioned about a resident permit with expiration, barely any time formally residing under that permit, and little local financial info are the main reasons my interest rate was slightly higher.

In reality having lived and worked and raised a family here over wenty years I am far more local than you but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

Perhaps, yes. But there may be some things you don’t know about my life and experience and family history that may be more local in other aspects. I don’t know if it’s a 1:1 comparison.

I haven’t raised a family here, but neither has the president. I wasn’t born here, but neither was the previous president. I was born into and raised in a Taiwanese family though.

If you feel you are local from your experiences, I support that idea and I think you should be treated as local if you have significant reasons, which it sounds like you do.

2 Likes