Homeland Security

Home security for foreign residents during New Year :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Foreign residents who’ll be away from their homes may request local police concerned to install temporary patrol boxes at an appropriate place for regular police patrols.

They are advised to apply for the services as follows:

1. Call Police hotline-110 during office hours(08:30-17:30).
  2. Apply for the services in person at their local police stations.
  3. Call the “Information for Foreigners” toll-free number: 0800-024-111.

Link to news article

Homeland Security and home security are not exactly the same… :ponder:

So I wasn’t the only one who thought he meant DHS before I entered. Good to know.

Anyhow, think they’ll set up a patrol box for me if I already have a doorman/24-hr security guard posted in the building?

I know but Homeland Security makes a much nicer Subject line :slight_smile:
And the DHS doesn’t own the term :slight_smile:

Sure why not. Nowadays a bit more of security here and there can’t be bad, can it? :laughing:

Are you sure you don’t already have one? Our community does, at the front and back entrances.

If I were prone to burglarizing homes here while the owners are away, I don’t think a police patrol box at the front or back of the building would be high on my list of concerns and dangers.

“There’s a cop asleep in a special new wee cabin. Must be someone rich in that alley. Hmmm. Let’s take a look!”
Just when you thought the authorities here are a bunch of incompetent, half-arsed morons, along comes a great new thing that makes you realise you haven’t even scratched the surface. :roflmao:

[quote=“sandman”]“There’s a cop asleep in a special new wee cabin. Must be someone rich in that alley. Hmmm. Let’s take a look!”
Just when you thought the authorities here are a bunch of incompetent, half-arsed morons, along comes a great new thing that makes you realise you haven’t even scratched the surface. :roflmao:[/quote]

Don’t worry, they don’t make it that complicated. The list with the addresses will be straight forwarded to the insitutions who take best care of all the goods there… not that they will be there when you come back, but at least somebody will take care of them for you than… :wink:

One should secure one’s own perimeter first before calling for backup.