Homemade Fruit Enzyme Drink, safe?

The wife and some of here friends are on some healthy foods kick. She is making some “fruit enzyme” from some xerox sheet that contains an article and the recipe.

So now there is a large size jar sitting on the floor with a lot of fruit and sugars bubbling away having a a good time.

While growing up, our area that did a lot of home canning had some problems with botulism. My teacher did an effective job on me scaring the pants off me.
sterilization

. She is making some “fruit enzyme” from some xerox sheet that contains an article and the recipe.

Wont that taste a bit “papery” :popcorn:

[quote=“shiadoa”]. She is making some “fruit enzyme” from some xerox sheet that contains an article and the recipe.

Wont that taste a bit “papery” :popcorn:[/quote]

Ha, ha… you can be the official taster. If you don’t keel over after 48 hours, i’ll know it is safe. It’s sitting there in a sealed glass jug bubbling away, emitting some kind of fruity smell. I think it’s alive…

Seriously… I did some reading at Wikipedia. At best it will be a healthful drink, at worst… it will be some “hooch”. I guess it will be ok, I don’t usually eat any canned or Jared product without a government seal of safety…

Anyone try this stuff…

Oh, yes… [quote=“shiadoa”]. She is making some “fruit enzyme” from some xerox sheet that contains an article and the recipe.

Hey… That’s a perfectly understandable sentence. According to the literature, sentences of this type are only misinterpreted by Genies who are being spiteful

[quote=“Taiwan_Student”][quote=“shiadoa”]. She is making some “fruit enzyme” from some xerox sheet that contains an article and the recipe.

Ha, ha… you can be the official taster. If you don’t keel over after 48 hours, I’ll know it is safe. It’s sitting there in a sealed glass jug bubbling away, emitting some kind of fruity smell. I think it’s alive…

Seriously… I did some reading at Wikipedia. At best it will be a healthful drink, at worst… it will be some “hooch”. I guess it will be ok, I don’t usually eat any canned or Jared product without a government seal of safety…

Anyone try this stuff…

Oh, yes… [quote=“shiadoa”]. She is making some “fruit enzyme” from some xerox sheet that contains an article and the recipe.

Hey… That’s a perfectly understandable sentence. According to the literature, sentences of this type are only misinterpreted by Genies who are being spiteful[/quote]

Good luck with it but dont try too much until you are sure it ok.

I know your sentence is perfectly understandable. My (failed) attempt to inject some levity…apologies if some harmless sentences are misinterpreted by etc.