Honduras Migrants on their way

That’s actually not what you “simply” do. But hey, welcome back!

1 Like

If someone on this forum makes a claim you might find people are more receptive to your point of view if you simply asked for proof of that claim.

Or if you would like to present an alternative view which challenges another users statements, it is encouraged to post an article.

Then if you think there is something extremely pertinent to the point you are making and would like to save people the trouble of reading the entire article, post a short quote.

It is not by choice that so many Hondurans are abandoning their country, Santos says.

“It is need. There are no job opportunities,” he tells Al Jazeera, adding that in Honduras, “we face hunger. There is nothing.”

Do not resort to name calling of members, individually or collectively. Calling someone a troll is name calling, even if you think it is a fair assessment, if you have a problem with a persons post flag it and we will look at it.

1 Like

“I expected (the caravan) to be bigger,” but not this big, said Alex Mensing, an organizer with Pueblo Sin Fronteras, the group that has organized annual migrant caravans including this year’s.
“They are very vulnerable to being robbed, extorted and sexually assaulted,” he said.

The caravan also is intended as a political demonstration to raise awareness about the conditions in Central America that force people to seek protection and economic opportunities in other countries, and the role the U.S. helps play in creating those conditions.
“The caravan is organized by a group called Pueblo Sin Fronteras, [b]ut the effort is supported by the coalition CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project, which includes Catholic Legal Immigration Network (CLIN), the American Immigration Council (AIC), the Refugee and Immigration Center for Education and Legal Services (RICELS) and the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) – thus the acronym CARA,” WND reported. “At least three of the four groups are funded by George Soros’ Open Society Foundation.”

Needs to be checked but probably not a spontaneous March . If the purpose is solely to escape repression and for safety, why not settle in Mexico?

for the same reason why unemployed people with 0 qualifications and basically 0 chances of getting a job are willing to travel from afghanistan, pakistan and whateverstan to Europe, instead of settling in neighboring countries: free gibs.

(same concept applies to people who enter europe illegally from africa, even from those countries with no war, just looking for some $).

1 Like

Cos…Mexico.

Not hard to answer that question.

1 Like

I don’t think migrants are looking for free stuff. Nope most of them have a dream and want to improve themselves or live in a safe place . These are common to all people. I worked with illegal migrants in the US, I didn’t see them getting paid to sit around all day.
You don’t get much free stuff in the good ole USA anyway. They were out working all day never heard them complain.

1 Like

I wonder how does anyone get freebies without an ID… That argument, that illegals get free stuff, has all but been destroyed, yet it is constantly recycled.

As a matter of fact, illegal workers are actually contributing with a lot of money that they never get back. Say they use a fake social security number. That is money they can never get back. Same with any deductions their bosses make. And if the bosses do not make deductions or do not pay them, well, too bad. No one to complain to.

I am following a Venezuelan guy who trekked to Miami. Hungry for months, started washing car windows at red lights. That was like 3 years ago. He got himself a pickup truck, started mowing laws and other yard maintenance. Organized a crew. Now they have 3 pickups. They work 7 days a week. These are the guys you call to clean up after a hurricane. No task too big or too small. Now, if they get caught, they lose it all. If the only legal person under whose name there are the trucks decides to screw them, they are really screwed. But they keep working, at least they have food on the table.

Others have not been so lucky. Others tried to make it to nearby countries. Hundreds have frozen climbing the mountains to Colombia. Just like hundreds die on the Big Hike up North.

The caravan started as a way to keep safe from robbers. The coyotes often led people stray in the desert, so close to their goal. If they got on the Death Train, they could be easily killed by the gangs that control the train.

But someone benefits from their sorrow.

Many think that it would be helpful if the US did not help the regimes. Look at Trump, acting tough, saying he will take away foreign aid if this caravan continues. Problem is local governments cannot stop the people. And most do not want to anyways. They want their cake and eat it to. And the US needs them in power to keep whatever they need from them rolling. So here we are.

Love it. Especially the HSR on top of the wall, which doesn’t make much sense but is great anyway.

i have no idea who thought of the hsr on top of the wall, but it’s glorious, isn’t it? who wouldn’t want to travel on that! step aside, telegraph road!

What you shiting on about Willis.

Not sure if this is still the case…

US Farmers Depend on Illegal Immigrants

ahhh…same argument the Dems used last time when Republicans argued against slavery. Exactly the same argument. But…but…

Are you saying it’s false? It’s an old article, so I don’t know.

I’ve always been of the opinion that without need or opportunity their wouldn’t be as much a problem. Of course it’s easier for politicians to create a scape goat, it’s entirely the fault of “insert de-humanizing word here”, instead of looking at why so many can be successful in the US. I would guess thats because the majority of the risk is placed on the person working illegally vs. the business owner hiring them.

1 Like

Not saying it’s false. Just saying that arguing that our crops won’t be harvested and things will cost more without illegals, is a vacuous argument. Employees should be fined and wages should be higher …sorry to Miss/Mr. whomever , paying a bit more for her strawberries.
Legal immigrants etc, should be treated like USA citizens and paid a reasonable wage. Illegal immigrants should not be there. The Farmers argument is , “if we have to pay normal wages we won’t make any money”…I suspect ?

1 Like

Caravan is still a long ways off from the US border but it’s swelled up to 7,000.

Gotta wonder what will happen if people throughout Mexico join in on the action. What would happen if this grows to 20k, 30k?

We only see the walking parts on the news . It would take them months if they walked . Some very kind people are helping them with transport and food … and money . Out of the goodness of their hearts .

Look at it from perspective of these desperate migrants. Migrants are heading to the US everyday or at least leaving their countries. They hear about a safe caravan they can join , of course it makes sense to join that given that the journey is very dangerous. It just makes the invisible visible.

1 Like

Don’t forget the money and free rides they get from Soros-related organizations. Makes it that much safer and affordable to take up such an effort.

Ah yes Soros again. Got to have a bogeyman, may as well be a rich Jew.

1 Like

He certainly was a bogeyman in his early life. Don’t think many Jews appreciated what he did.