Hong Kong Foot, Fungus, Sores, Boils, Cyst, Pus, Athlete's foot, Skin Probems

[Original Subject: The Boil from Hell]

One time my friend had this huge, hard lump on his back and I squeezed and a little pus came out in what looked like a tiny blackhead on the side of the lump. The pus smelled gross–like toe jam! Later that day, another friend helped him squeeze out the boil and you wouldn’t believe the amount of pus that came out! Almost a tablespoon! Over the next two weeks, his friend squeezed the more pus out twice! And tons more came out! Now that the pus has been squuezed out, there’s like this crater on his back where the boil was. Isn’t that weird?

Sounds like a sebaceous cyst. If this was the case, there are easier ways to deal with it, although I wonder if minor ops like this would be covered under NHI. If you could convince a doctor of it, I’m sure you could swing it.

In case you are too lazy to look it up, sebaceous cysts are simply blocked pores of the skin that fill up with “sebum”, the oily waxy stuff we continuously secrete. Sounds like the pimple from hell that won’t quit, right?

Given the climate and diet most of us are subjected to on this island, the occurance of such a… thing… is not very surprising.

Where on your friend’s back was the boil/cyst? Shoulder_blade: does he carry a backpack? Lower midriff: wear a vanity belt? Spinal column: I’d suggest easing up on those sit ups. Just kidding around.

Ick, are you saying you know what toe jam smells like?

Can someone out there give me some medical advise on what I might have. The painful problem developed about 2 weeks ago, with the skin between my feet peeling away. So I thought it was due to the humidity and my wearing sneakers. So I brought sandles and I thought this would fix the matter. Then two days later little water blisters where popping up on my toes, an later developed into a big blister, and know my toes have blestered and flaking skin. My toes are really feeling itchy and tender where the skin peels. can anyone help and give me some medical advice if they had a similiar sore. Really not sure what to do.
I have seen a doctor and he prescribed me with this chinese cream, can’t read the label as it is in chinese. I asked him is it serious, he just pointed at the Cream. He siad something like Hong Kong feet, what is Hong Kong feet, I haven’t even been to Hong Kong? Can someone out there please give me better help than the doctor I saw. Help, :cry: :cry: :frowning: :?: desperate! :cry: :cry:

Hong Kong Foot, aka, a catch-all for any kind of athlete’s foot-type fungal infections.

Try “Zhu Shuang” – the foot powder you get at Watson’s in a red and white box with a pic of a footprint on the front. You mix it with hot water in a basin and soak your feet in it. Works for me.

It also helps to dry your feet really carefully, apply talc, get some anti-bacterial footspray for inside your shoes,

As for “the skin between your feet,” I don’t know how to help you. I think you may need reconstructive surgery for that! :wink:

Also, don’t wear the same shoes two days in a row. And wash your socks in boiling hot water. 8)

if you’re wearing white sox, wash 'em in bleach

Yes, sounds indeed like HK Feet! :blush: It’s due to the constant humidity there.

Use the cream that the doc gave you. It may work if even a little bit. With time your body could adjust, although taking the precautionary measures others listed above will help reduce the miserable itching. After you’ve finished off the cream you might want to try using a drying powder, even baking soda could help. A bit in your shoes every couple days, and a dusting on your feet after showering will help too.

Yep! It’s a bad case of hong kong foot. I know it well, and it’s a reoccuring phenomenon, so you have to take preventative measures.

Throw away your slippers. The ones you wear in the house. In fact, throw away everything that you wear with your bare feet. (flip flops, birkenstocks, etc) They’re all infected and you don’t want to take any chances of it coming back, although it always does…

Now, go to see the dermatologist on Shida road. He’s very famous for being free, AND giving higher dosage medication creams. Whatver he gave me worked on my feet and my hands immediately as opposed to what I got from other docs/pharmacies.
The drawback is: he’s got people queued up until way past midnight many days of the week to see him. They march in ten at a time and all sit down in front of him with their diseases on display for about thirty seconds. He writes prescriptions and you go pick them up from the nurse. If you want more than the small doses they give for free, just tell them and they’ll charge you for the extra. It is recommended for the following reason:
When you go and register for an appointment, the earlier you get there, the earlier he can see you. Honestly, I went in at 4 pm one day to register, and didn’t see him until 1 am that night!!! Luckily, I lived in the area then.
But he’s brilliant for helping you get rid of that pesky hong kong foot, or at least giving you the correct medication and dosage for it.
My experience, if you don’t see him, that shit will come back again and again and again.

You guys are kidding, right? Mokman is clearly chumming you all. Have you ever heard of an adult NOT knowing what athlete’s foot was? I never have.
I think Mokie was hoping for some more creative answers. :unamused:

Dear Dr. Gott,
I accidentally stuck my dick in a fan. My question is, “Do you think I damaged the motor and will I have to replace the fan sooner than if I hadn’t stuck my dick in it, accidentally?”

No, we aren’t kidding, Wolf. I didn’t know what athlete’s foot (“Hong Kong foot”) was until I came to Taiwan. I lived in the States the first 30 years of my life, including one year in Florida and three years in Hawaii, but I never once got athlete’s foot during those 30 years, not even when I was in Florida or Hawaii! But here in Taiwan, I get it all the time.

I think the powders work better than the creams because it’s important to keep the feet dry. Also, powder is more convenient than cream to put inside your slippers (unless you don’t mind your feet feeling sticky all day). But I’ve never seen the powders in Taiwan. I stock up on it every time I go back to the States.

By the way, I only get athlete’s foot between my two smallest toes. It’s strange because I never get it between any other pair of toes. Is this universal, or is this just me?

Mark

It’s just you.

Ok, I don’t know now if I have HK feet or just cracked feet. I’ve nary a blister or a pustule to be found, just hard cracked skin that peels a little bit (mostly 'cuz it’s just too easy to pick at). Does this call for fungicide or just foot lotion and a little TLC? Please help.

:unamused: I saw another doctor and was prescribed another cream called Scheree cream, costs NT200.00. This cream seems to be much better than the previous Chinese cream for those who have what they call Hong Kong feet. my foot doesn’t sweet water anymore, and doesn’t itch as much, but the white skin is still there. But I also have these little water “blisters”. To those skeptics :imp: :smiling_imp:
What is the differance between Hong kong feet and althletes feet. I remember I had a little blistering beween the soft tissue of my toes, but it didn’t spread, and it went away in about 4 days. But I’ve had this for 2 week- 3 weeks. How contageous is it, do i really need to through away my slippers. What about the sneakers I was wearing? can’t I just wash them very thoroughly then dry them in the sun. And my sox, do i need to wash them again in hot boiling water? How long before my foot gets better.
Can someone tell me more about this Hong Kong feet? how did i get it in the first place? as I sure don’t want to catch it again.

:unamused: I saw another doctor and was prescribed another cream called Scheree cream, costs NT200.00. This cream seems to be much better than the previous Chinese cream for those who have what they call Hong Kong feet. my foot doesn’t sweet water anymore, and doesn’t itch as much, but the white skin is still there. But I also have these little water “blisters”. To those skeptics :imp: :smiling_imp:
What is the differance between Hong kong feet and althletes feet. I remember I had a little blistering beween the soft tissue of my toes, but it didn’t spread, and it went away in about 4 days. But I’ve had this for 2 week- 3 weeks. How contageous is it, do i really need to through away my slippers. What about the sneakers I was wearing? can’t I just wash them very thoroughly then dry them in the sun. And my sox, do i need to wash them again in hot boiling water? How long before my foot gets better.
Can someone tell me more about this Hong Kong feet? how did i get it in the first place? as I sure don’t want to catch it again.

Alright. I fiind it hard to believe that this is the first time some of you have heard of this, but in my enduring efforts to help, here is a site that will give you information and is the homepage of a cream that you can buy anywhere in Taiwan for NT$110.
Enjoy.
canesten.com/index.html

:wink: I viewed the bayer Canesten site, it was great, really informative. When I find time I’ll go to the local Chemist and see if I can buy the Laundry rinse and the powder. Thanks for the help :laughing:
Still not fully healed but getting slowly better. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Mokman, has your athlete’s foot healed yet? By the way, “Hong Kong foot” is exactly the same as “athlete’s foot” In Chinese, it’s called “xiang1 gang3 jiao3”, which literally means “Hong Kong foot”. But the English word for it is “athlete’s foot”.

I’ve been reading some websites about athlete’s foot, and here’s what I found out: Athlete’s foot is caused by a fungus called “Tinea”. It’s exactly the same fungus that causes jock itch and ringworm. However, it’s different than the fungus that causes vaginal yeast infections. That’s caused by a fungus called “Candida albicans”.

The best medicine for athlete’s foot (or jock itch or ringworm) is a cream or powder containing miconazole, clotrimazole, or tolnaftate.

I’ll recommend the guy on shida road too. believe the hype.

it’s worth going there at least once for the experience of seeing all the people milling around outside until well after midnight, then when your number is finally called you are admitted into the small inner room where about 5 people stand waiting and perusing the skin disorders of the person currently being examined. not for the shy. the doctor is great though, amazingly he manages to patiently listen to your questions and in my experience at least give a correct diagnosis while working people through at factory speed. the guahao number gets above 500. if i had some skin problem that was really bothering me i wouldn’t go anywhere else.

his numbers are 23681919, 23673232. call starting at 9:00 AM incessently to have any chance of seeing him, even if it is midnight.

Mokman,

:bulb: :bulb: :bulb: I had the same problem and I kept going to this pharmacy where this guy would give me some cream or another and the bills were adding up and I was getting really pissed. I mean… I was at the end of my rope. Finally I tired of being pissed ( I could never be fucked lining up for 6 hours to have some dude look at my feet) and I insted just starting pissing on my foot whenever I took a shower. I figured it sure can’t hurt and I’d always heard about the medicinal properties of urine. Sure enough… it works. Now if it ever comes back… I piss on myself some more and it goes away. Now whenever I have any kind of skin problem at all I stay clear of the doctor and instead piss on myself. Even if I don’t have a problem, I piss on myself anyway. My girlfriend thinks it’s weird but what the hell does she know?! Anyway I sound like I’m taking the piss but I’m dead serious… try it. Yer feet will thank you