Hong Kong Foot, Fungus, Sores, Boils, Cyst, Pus, Athlete's foot, Skin Probems

So THAT’s what the smell is! And here’s me thinking you just like to carry a piece of overripe Camembert around in your pocket!

I can confirm what Mokman posted.
Long time ago a friend went to the doctor (in Holland) with the same problem and the doctor simply told her to pis on her (own) feet as she took shower.

And while you’re at it fill a cup and put it in the fridge for next day’s cure all drink.

akosh

does it work for acne too…?

And give the foot with Hong Kong foot a blast of the hair dryer after you take a shower… it kills the fungus betweeen the toes and dries your feet

What should I do?

Burst it? There’s gotta be a dessertspoon-ful of fluid in it…

Leave it be? Hope that it dries up naturally?

Best method is to pop it, cut off the dead skin and put a band aid on it. This way heals quite fast.

Walk in salt water at the beach for a while… it will burst it for you… else put some table salt into a basin with water…
the only problem is feet get sweaty with loads of lovely bacteria… so you have to then either ocverage it up with some cream on it else… put some iodine on it to seal it

Actaully as a rule you are not supposed to burst blisters as when they are burst they can get infected easier… what size are you talking about a little blister or a blister the size of a tennis ball?

Pinch a hole into it so the liquid can come out. Let it dry and remove the skin after a day or two, if necessary cover as recommended before. That’s what I usually do with blisters.

Some people are so desperate for attention, they’ll reply to any daft post.

Hiking addict here–lots of blister stories.

Just as Rascal and chainsmoker say, pop it. Doctors say to leave it alone, but that isn’t practical if you actually have to walk. It may hurt for a few days until it dries. Until it does, squirt a little antibacterial ointment on it. When it is dry and the new skin underneath is somewhat formed, cut it off with sterile pair of scissors (I use a Swiss Army knife), and you’ll be good to go.

I might squeeze it into a shot glass with a bit of vodka and knock it straight back.

Some people are such miserable human beings, they’ll waste other people’s time writing false posts and then try to look superior by making fun of them.

Asshole.

Turn to Jesus.

Only He can bring true healing.

Lift up your toe unto Him and cry out,

“Cleanse my sole!”

…excellent setup by Hypo… and there it is in the air… the crowd is going wild… who’re we seeing… it’s… it’s… Dr.Evil up from behind… and there it comes… Dr.Evil’s spike… rips through the top of that net and scorches the earth on which his opponents stand.

Whats that… we hear the opponents calling it no fair, they didn’t see that coming… it’s a time out… a quicky from our sponsors then its back to funnyball tourney…stay tuned…

:laughing:

Amputation,

I like it. Its pro-active and it stops the possibility of recurrence.

My half-witch granny gave me this recipe for small/medium size blisters.
That is, if you can not just leave it alone until it dries without opening it.
Once it is opened, there is a risk of infection, if bacteriae get into it and the blister closes on them.

Get a good needle and 10 cm of coton thread.

Just saw through the blister from one side to the other, then remove the needle but leave the thread across it. Cut the thread short (one cm on each side) so it does not get it the way.

The thread will act as a drain, so the blister will not close and get infected. The skin stays on, so you keep the sensitive area away from painful abrasion, but the thread keeps it open, so it can ‘breathe’.

I have tried to search this forum for Hong Kong Foot, but no hits, so I start a new tread.

I suspect I have got a “Hong Kong Foot” :frowning: . I have blisters, and it itches like hell between two of my toes. On Google, the only useful information I found was to wear sandals, and I have been doing that for the last couple of days.

Do any of you have some good advice for getting rid of this ugly, itchy pain. Any cream, powder, etc. to recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Go to almost any drugstore, including Watson’s, and buy a packet of foot powder (red & white box, design of a footprint on it). Mix the powder with as hot water as you can stand in a basin and soak your feet in it for 10 minutes or so. Works a treat. You might have seen it advertised on TV – its one of the cheesiest cartoon ads you’ll ever see, with the cheesiest soundtrack.

Thanks a lot Sandman.
I didn’t realize that commercial was for Hong Kong Foot, and I don’t know how my wife has been able to overlook that…

I am on the way to Watson’s right now.

The stuff also cannot be beaten if you’ve had a long hike or been on your feet for hours. Makes you feel like you could dance all night. The wee man over on the left swears by it.