✈ 🇭🇰 Hong Kong | Frequent Trips to HK (from TPE)

Can use wifi as a last resort… but at that point just use the physical gates

Well, man, lines at immigration if not resident/citizen can be excruciatingly long. I know a great deal! 2 yrs of 1hr+ wait times every month.

1 Like

I will fly in Milan next week! 6 hours transfer to Vilnius, enough time to out and get some good food?

1 Like

time is not a lot, transfer to city centre is 1 hr to central station via the malpensa express (by far the fastest choice, good luck with taxi and bus with the traffic…). really rushed a bit, would suggest against… since Italy not exactly the best place to rely on public transport and tight schedules…

1 Like

OK, thanks. We maybe thinking then change overnight flight arrive from Qatar (vs day flight), have more time to try things like Piadina which I do not see in Taiwan (a few places in Japan had it)

U have a very good piadina place here in Taipei, near nanjing sanmin. La piada.

Piadina however is traditional of Romagna, Milan better know for risotto with saffron, ossobuco and milanese veal cutlet.

2 Likes

May I ask how often is this three month visa used?

Does the Taiwan government impose a limit on the number of visits in any given calendar year?

Thanks for the tips ! Any piadina places in Southern Taiwan, I seldom go to Taipei (do not like the city).

risotto with saffron also sounds good to me! (The veal cutlet too me, is like Japanese cutlet so not as interested)

not an expert in Southern tw unfortunately, but not many Italians in the south. I just know of some decent place in Taichung (but not piadina).

Not at all! The milanese cutlet traditionally is thick bone-in and juicy fried in butter!

But still if not of interest, try then the risotto with saffron with the ossobuco on top, delicious and one of the very first examples of Italian “unified dish” (i.e. combining first course with second course, which is otherwise very separated in Italian dining).

2 Likes

haha, one Taipei place I went had Japanese-Italy (or maybe Taiwanese-Italy)food a few years ago, good for me but for you maybe not the same as home, it is JAPoli

1 Like

Can you be specific? Not sure exactly what you’re referring to since this thread hasn’t really been about visas at all.

No, haven’t heard of the government imposing any limit however people who’ve lived here for many years on visa runs have had occasion to be rejected.

Can I fly to Taiwan for three month visa free stay then leave for a few days/weeks and repeat?

Can I stay in Taiwan for nine months a year with this three month visa free stay?

Mei Ho House in Sham Shui Po is good three star accommodation if you wish to stay in Kowloon.

Food in hk is the best on the planet aside from Paris.

Shopping is very good if you’re interested.

Might depend on your nationality

1 Like

Taiwan government grants my passport three month visa free stay.

Taiwan government grants my passport lifetime visa free stay.

You used to be able to, prior to covid. Now, it’s anyone’s guess. I believe there’s even a thread on Forumosa to share such experiences but it hasn’t been updated since covid.

Thanks!

Perhaps we can start again now?

no idea why I thought such a thread was on this site. I can’t find it now. Maybe it was on reddit? Or somewhere else? I don’t know.

I can only find this now: RIP Visa-Free Runners (2012-2020)

Thanks!

It works both ways…Taiwan to Hk and Hk to Taiwan…they have been doing visa runs for decades!