Hooking up on Forumosa

Hooking up on Forumosa (Feel free to choose more than 1 option)

• Forumosa should have classified personals.
  • Forumosa should not have classified personals.
  • I have used online dating or personal ads before. (ICQ, Friendfinder, Adultfriendfinder, TeaLit, etc.)
  • I would use Forumosa personal classified ads.
  • I wouldn’t use them, but I’d enjoy reading them.

0 voters

I think that would be better then the disguised Bodyfluid-Exchange, called language exchange

That might be something that’ll happen in the weeks and months to come. Stay tuned.

oh god no…not more of the “sad lonely american male, 53, seeks nubile high school girl for fun in the tub”…can’t we leave this to tealit…they do it so well

Why do we need to go to Tealit to read this stuff. Let’s put it in house. Yeah, can’t wait to read some of the replies.

There is already one in the flame forum. Somebody is wanting their nads sucked. Maybe we could use that as a trial thread.

I’m not sure we’ll allow replies. People could always PM or e-mail the people posting ads directly.

I’m not sure we’ll allow replies. People could always PM or e-mail the people posting ads directly.[/quote]

Replies would be a lot of fun. :smiling_imp:

on a related note has anyone else been getting msn’s from chinese girls…since i added my msn details to my tag i’ve had a couple of girls add me to their contact list then demand to know who i am, have photo? etc. etc ( i guess they’re scrolling thru the fora and adding any likely candidates to their lists)…they always lose interest after i show my passport photo…perhaps they’re expecting something a bit racier?

Well, posting replies is a bit unorthodox maybe, but one might think of some kind of literacy test, or an ethics test, before ads get accepted, to avoid the Tealit Meatmarket Syndrome from spreading to Forumosa. Let’s be fair: We have been running around on this planet for 500.000 years. Hello, Roxy and Vibe customers… The lightswitch can be found next to the frontdoor of your cave …[quote]Partying is such sweet sorrow…[/quote]

I know formosa is quite classier than T###T. But there are people out there looking to hook up and make friends. Anyone care to tell me why there isn’t a Dating/Make friends forum?

It was tried long ago with little activity.

So try it again. Forumosa is a lot bigger now than before.

Well, there’s the Language Exchange forum, Happy Hours, Games Club, and all that, plus, you know, real life.

You could check this out http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=21308

If you’re in Taipei, it’s a natural dating scene. :wink:

If you like the way someone posts on Forumosa, just send them a PM – you never know, you might get lucky.

Which makes me wonder whether Forumosa has been instrumental in bringing any couples together? Stragbasher and Aprimo, perhaps? Any others?

Well, for one, a dating service here would be a sausage fest, given the relative small number of women active on the boards.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]If you like the way someone posts on Forumosa, just send them a PM – you never know, you might get lucky.

Which makes me wonder whether Forumosa has been instrumental in bringing any couples together? Stragbasher and Aprimo, perhaps? Any others?[/quote]

I introduced her to Forumosa, and now she’s gone home to Californee. I am no longer a couple, or even part of one.

Personals ads on forumosa may sound like a good idea to some, especially if you like sausages, but how many psycho xiao jies would that attract to our serious discussions about important questions concerning Taiwan? (Such as ‘who has the biggets willies, us or them?’ And ‘are they all on the game?’)

I’m not opposed to the real Taiwanesers who have stumbled into this site, and generally they seem like nice people, but this is primarily a site for ex-pats. For dating ads to be effective there would need to be more female traffic, which means reaching out into the local community and attracting more people who may change the character of the site.

On the other hand, we seem to have been inundated with nutters recently anyway, not the home-grown variety but the imported kind. And having more girls around the place can’t be a bad thing, can it?

I’ll start then:

Please forward this to all of your female friends. Thanks :sunglasses:

Sheesh, sb, why didn’t you tell me that BEFORE I left Taiwan?? :unamused:

[quote]

Please forward this to all of your female friends. Thanks :sunglasses:[/quote]

Anyway, the real reason why there are no dating ads is quite simple. It would just be too difficult to organize, and folks don’t like forums that don’t get any traffic. So, if we set up the Dating section (kind of like the Legal Section) and divide it into:
Men seeking Women
Women seeking Men
Men seeking Western Women
Women seeking Western Women
Western women seeking anyone at all

The first category would be full, the second would be well-used, the third would be completely empty, the fourth would be full of genuinely well-meaning language exchange ads, and the fifth would be overflowing. :smiley: And we can’t have a forum with such low traffic as (3) above would generate. Doesn’t look good.

[quote=“ironlady”]Anyway, the real reason why there are no dating ads is quite simple. It would just be too difficult to organize, and folks don’t like forums that don’t get any traffic. So, if we set up the Dating section (kind of like the Legal Section) and divide it into:
Men seeking Women
Women seeking Men
Men seeking Western Women
Women seeking Western Women
Western women seeking anyone at all

The first category would be full, the second would be well-used, the third would be completely empty, the fourth would be full of genuinely well-meaning language exchange ads, and the fifth would be overflowing. :smiley: And we can’t have a forum with such low traffic as (3) above would generate. Doesn’t look good.[/quote]
Maybe you split it up like that to crack jokes (which I by the way enjoyed), but it would only really need one forum. Then each post would have something in the subject that would describe what they’re looking for. There also could be a sticky with a list of all the acronyms to use:

B&D = Bondage/Discipline
BBW = Big Beautiful Woman
BDSM = Any subset of B&D, D/s, and SM
BHM = Big Handsome Man
BiF = Bisexual Female
BiM = Bisexual Male
BIMF = Bisexual Married Female
BIMM = Bisexual Married Male
CD = Cross-dresser
CPL = Couple
DBF = Divorced Black Female
DBM = Divorced Black Male
DDF = Drug and Disease Free
Dom = Dominant
D/s = Domination/Submission
DWF = Divorced White Female
DWM = Divorced White Male
F/T = Full Time
FtM = Female to Male Transgendered
GBF = Gay Black Female
GBM = Gay Black Male
GWF = Gay White Female
GWM = Gay White Male
HWP = Height/Weight Proportional
ICQ = (“I seek you”) Chat software
IRC = Internet Relay Chat
IRL = In Real Life
ISO = In Search Of
LDR = Long Distance Relationship
LTR = Long Term Relationship
MBA Married But Available
MBF = Married Black Female
MBM = Married Black Male
MJF = Married Jewish Female
MJM = Married Jewish Male
MM = Married Men
MWC Married With Children
MtF = Male to Female Transgendered
MWF = Married White Female
MWM = Married White Male
N/S = Non-Smoker
PF = Professional Female
PM = Professional Male
P/T = Part time
RL = Real life
SAF = Single Asian Female
SAF = Single Asian Male
SALT = Single and Loving It
SBF = Single Black Female
SBM = Single Black Male
SCM = Single Christian Female
SCM = Single Christian Male
SHF = Single Hispanic Female
SHM = Single Hispanic Male
SINK = Single Income No Kids
SITCOM = Single Income Two Children Oppressive Mortgage
SJF Single Jewish Female
SJM Single Jewish Male
SM = Sadism/Masochism
SOH = Sense of Humor
SPARK = Single Parent Raising Kids
Sub = Submissive
SWF = Single White Female
SWM = Single White Male
TDY = Temporarily Divorced Yesterday
TG = Transgender
TS = Transsexual
TV = Transvestite
W/E/P = Well-endowed-playa (ok, I kinda made that one up)

and we’d be all good to go.

I really don’t care either way, just adding to the discussion.

I’ve been wondering that, too. Her ingenuous good nature and lusty delight in the pleasures of the flesh made her a lot of fun to have around.

Where are you, Miaka? Why have you logged out on us?