Hooking up on Forumosa

I disagree. Once you take out all the married men and those in steady relationships, the number of truly single forumosans dwindles down to like 2 or 3 posters, a generous estimate. And that number includes the ones who have sworn off foreign women. I doubt that’s enough “sausages” to create any sort of fest.

I’ve noticed since i got here that A: at least half of the caucasian girls that have been here for less than a month are here with their boyfriend, and B: every girl i’ve met that has been here for longer than a year is living with her boyfriend.

i KNOW that there must be some exceptions somewhere… i just actually haven’t met one yet. its really quite perplexing.

[quote=“wudjamahuh”]I’ve noticed since I got here that A: at least half of the caucasian girls that have been here for less than a month are here with their boyfriend, and B: every girl I’ve met that has been here for longer than a year is living with her boyfriend.

I know that there must be some exceptions somewhere… I just actually haven’t met one yet. its really quite perplexing.[/quote]

I am the exception to the rule, hence why I started this post… :laughing:

Here are two women-seeking-men ads from Tealit. As a diabolical exercise, which would you say is more inviting? And what wider social implications would such a comparison suggest?

The first is from a white woman:

The second is from a Chinese:

DAMN! Always with a catch in the small print!

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]
Here are two women-seeking-men ads from Tealit. As a diabolical exercise, which would you say is more inviting? And what wider social implications would such a comparison suggest? The first is from a white woman:

[quote]
Am Jenny,24 years old.live in Chungli (Zhongli). I am lerning English,I’d like to know more foreign friends to practice English.
[/quote][/quote]
:idunno: Lass number two sounds like less work. :ponder:

My, a first date with her sounds absolutely :astonished:.

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“Screaming Jesus”]
Here are two women-seeking-men ads from Tealit. As a diabolical exercise, which would you say is more inviting? And what wider social implications would such a comparison suggest? The first is from a white woman:

[quote]
Am Jenny,24 years old.live in Chungli (Zhongli) (Zhongli). I am lerning English,I’d like to know more foreign friends to practice English.
[/quote][/quote]
:idunno: Lass number two sounds like less work. :ponder:[/quote]

Hmmm…I see this where guys are from Mars and women are from Venus, agian. Now, to moi, date number one, seems like she knows what she wants and is being blunt so that she can ‘weed’ out those who may want to play games. Of course it comes across strong, who knows, she may just be the sweetest chic aroung.
Now number two may seem like ‘less work’ but she wants to practice english only. Who knows what she will be like. I wonder if guys who are :astonished: by date number one, are showing favortism toward date two because you are desirable in their eyes.

I wouldn’t entertain either of them based on those ads.

Date number 1 would be better for ppl wanting a serious relationship with a girl thinking along those lines.

Date number 2? well, language exchange ads are often a way to get some foreign meat… The ads seen by me in the past…

Recalling: I am a 22 year old taiwanese female student, tall, slim and wil long black hair, looking for a tall blond American with blue eyes for language exchange. I would prefer if you don’t have a girlfriend, but if you do, still contact me…

Some times they will start out with language exchange only, but move on to dating really fast. It’s hard to see from the ad, if they want to exchange body fluids as well.

[quote=“Mr He”]

Recalling: I am a 22 year old Taiwanese female student, tall, slim and wil long black hair, looking for a tall blond American with blue eyes for language exchange. I would prefer if you don’t have a girlfriend, but if you do, still contact me…

Some times they will start out with language exchange only, but move on to dating really fast. It’s hard to see from the ad, if they want to exchange body fluids as well.[/quote]

I hear ya. You see the amount of ‘language exchanges’ on Telit?!!! In all my years of teaching, and experiencing the pull of getting people, especially the Taiwanese engaged in the process, I hardly doubt that ALL those girls are just in it to improve their english. :noway:

[quote=“Mr He”]

Recalling: I am a 22 year old Taiwanese female student, tall, slim and wil long black hair, looking for a tall blond American with blue eyes for language exchange. I would prefer if you don’t have a girlfriend, but if you do, still contact me…

Some times they will start out with language exchange only, but move on to dating really fast. It’s hard to see from the ad, if they want to exchange body fluids as well.[/quote]

I hear ya. You see the amount of ‘language exchanges’ on Telit?!!! In all my years of teaching, and experiencing the pull of getting people, especially the Taiwanese engaged in the process, I hardly doubt that ALL those girls are just in it to improve their english. :noway:
So, i see it this way now, guys read: Ahh date number one wants conversation, dinner and connection. No p@ssy until the ? date. girl number two, dinner, and compliments, and p&ssy by Sunday. Hmmm, which would you go for …

I did dozens of language exchanges in my bachelor days. While the girls varied greatly in their personality types and what they were really looking for from their language-exchange partner, I’d say that about 50% were game to move quickly into some kind of physical relationship (though being the picky fellow that I am, I was only up for it with a fairly small proportion of them). But I did meet several sizzlers and got involved in a few delightful long-term relationships with girls I got to know that way.

Needless to say, I also met several total duds, and one or two absolute horrors – but the good ones more than made up for those. So on the whole, I’m a big fan of language exchanges, though I probably wouldn’t be too interested in meeting anyone who posted on a site like Tealit. :wink:

No she doesn’t. She posted her ad in a “women-seeking-men ad” according to Screaming Jesus. That wasn’t an accident. :wink:

A couple of times when I’ve been holding my wife’s hand in public or being affectionate with her, I’ve noticed people kind of checking us out. That’s when I turn to her and say “Hey, I know - you teach me Chinese and I’ll teach you English!” The voyeur’s self-satisfied smirk of met expectations is always amusing. :smiley:

Geez, come on fellas, No. 1 has to be winner. :ponder:

I think a “personal ads” section of the classifieds is going to happen. We’re working on the details. Give us some time. You can rest assured that there will be no online replies allowed - all contacts will have to be done via e-mail or PM. It will also have to be VERY tightly monitored. The potential for abuse of the system is high, and I am pretty sure that there will be some people who will be trying to test the limits from the getgo. I think I need to start cruising some of the dating websites to get myself acquainted with what’s already out there. Good luck explaining that to my wife. I’m adding a poll to this thread. Please vote.

bwahahha

i never quite understood the implications of a language exchange.

this explains ALOT (i was starting to wonder why all six of the people who have mentioned the idea happen to be single women)

The real reason that there are no dating ad here is that 90 percent of the posters are men.

Ninety percent might be men, but not all of them are single. Broken down, I think (at least from the research I’ve gathered since I met my first forumosan) about 15 to 20% of the male posters on here are neither married nor in a relationship. I think of the 40 or so known female posters who are still in Taiwan, only a few of them are married or in long-term relationships. I think it might make for a nice balance…

But here lies the problem:

I know I would not feel comfortable posting anything under my alias or real name if I were to use any kind of dating thingie on forumosa. I know too many people who post here (and a few lurkers who might also be apt to peruse the dating ads out of curiosity) to be okay with putting myself out there like that. Would this be done with anonymous handles until that person felt like sharing their info with whomever contacted him or her?