Hooters to try again in Australia

If at first you don’t succeed…

[quote]Hooters to try again in Australia
May 31, 2006

THE American Hooters chain will make a second attempt to crack the Australian market when it opens two of its restaurants in Sydney later this year.
The restaurant and bar, better known for its skimpily dressed waitresses than its burgers, will open in Parramatta in July and Cronulla in December.

There are also plans to expand to the Gold Coast and two other Sydney locations in 2007.

While there are more than 400 locations world-wide, a previous attempt to open in Australia in 1997 was far from successful.

The short-lived entity was located in the inner-west Sydney suburb of Five Dock, with now-disgraced HIH businessman Rodney Adler among its investors.

A Hooters spokeswoman today said no-one involved in the previous attempt was involved in the latest Australian launch.

She said the new management team had chosen locations where it was hoped the restaurant would be more successful.

The sports-themed bars and restaurants feature waitresses wearing singlets and running shorts – a uniform Hooters says has not changed in more than 20 years.
finance.news.com.au/story/0,1016 … 37,00.html[/quote]

Comments about a HOOTERS in Taiwan - possibility?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]If at first you don’t succeed…

[quote]Hooters to try again in Australia
May 31, 2006

THE American Hooters chain will make a second attempt to crack the Australian market when it opens two of its restaurants in Sydney later this year.
The restaurant and bar, better known for its skimpily dressed waitresses than its burgers, will open in Parramatta in July and Cronulla in December.

There are also plans to expand to the Gold Coast and two other Sydney locations in 2007.

While there are more than 400 locations world-wide, a previous attempt to open in Australia in 1997 was far from successful.

The short-lived entity was located in the inner-west Sydney suburb of Five Dock, with now-disgraced HIH businessman Rodney Adler among its investors.

A Hooters spokeswoman today said no-one involved in the previous attempt was involved in the latest Australian launch.

She said the new management team had chosen locations where it was hoped the restaurant would be more successful.

The sports-themed bars and restaurants feature waitresses wearing singlets and running shorts – a uniform Hooters says has not changed in more than 20 years.
finance.news.com.au/story/0,1016 … 37,00.html[/quote]

Comments about a HOOTERS in Taiwan - possibility?[/quote]

But, there is? Complete with mini hooters in Taipei.

Maybe we could get the girl in Ironman’s avatar to work there.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

Poor chap, stuck in Tainan without a Hooters. :laughing:
We have one here in Taipei. I hope these hold you over until you can make a trip up here:

http://www.hooters.com.tw/

Wouldn’t “Hooties” be a more appropriate name given the size of the local erm…erm…hooties?

I’ll take quality over quantity any day! :slight_smile:

Absolutely… I don’t like “tie-them-in-a-knoties”

Well, as might be obvious I had no idea that there was a HOOTERS in Taiwan. Good for them.
I have been in a HOOTERS exactly one time. It was the HOOTERS on the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Maryland.
This was in the early 90’s and a Japanese client insisted we visit there before going to a fantastic crab dinner.
There was not really much to it. Just an average theme-type restaraunt with waitresses dressed in what would usually be sport/exercise clothes. This place was mostly families and touristas admiring the view of the Baltimore Inner Harbor. Location, location, location.

So Lads, enjoy your Taiwan Mini-HOOTERS !

Maybe they could name it “the IBTC” instead of a Hooters considering the, er, local talent. Those girls obviously didn’t eat enough bananas during puberty. If those are the hootingest Hooters they could recruit, then it’s no wonder Tainan Cowboy didn’t know there was one here. Suffice to say, the Hooters here aren’t as big as the ones back home… I do mean the restaurant, and not the namesakes. :laughing:

There was a Hooters in Kaohsiung that went out of business about 4 years ago. I remember it being the brunt of jokes for many of the foreign males here because the girls were somehow…ummmm…how should I say this…“Hooterless.”

I’m surprised to see that this doesnt have more success in taiwan, knowing how taiwanese can be so voyeurs.
Or maybe it’s because they dont like to be seen watching??

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]

Poor chap, stuck in Tainan without a Hooters. :laughing:
We have one here in Taipei. I hope these hold you over until you can make a trip up here:

http://www.hooters.com.tw/[/quote]

Been there. Eaten and drank there. Even had a pic taken with a local Hooter Hottie… :smiley:

I was just informed today that there is a Hooters in downtown Washington, D.C. in Chinatown. Apparently, all the girls who work there are Asian. A smartass colleague wondered out loud if there were a Hooters in the South East Section of the city (mainly African-American residents) would all of the girls need to be black :astonished: . Didn’t know Hooters was so into keeping it culturally/ethnically real. :laughing:

Bodo

[quote=“Ed en Vadrouille”]I’m surprised to see that this doesnt have more success in taiwan, knowing how Taiwanese can be so voyeurs.
Or maybe it’s because they dont like to be seen watching??[/quote]

Such a suprise to see this, doesn’t look good.