Hornet or VTR 250

Who said anything about a legal bike?

I got an RG 250. :wink:

I had a TZR 250. It only had one piston running well. And it was still awe inspiring. I’d actually prefer a 250cc smoker over my 600cc bike. Oh well, beggars can’t be choosers :wink: .

[quote=“hsiadogah”]^^^
<-- also secretly longing for an NSR/TZR/RGV250 to wail around on[/quote]

You are not alone here… :sunglasses:

If anybody knows of a second hand VTR 250 for sale, or a reliable place to look, I’d be interested in the pointer. :help:

Looking into VTRs. From what I’ve read they seem more reliable than the Hornet 250. Maybe not as exciting, but good sturdy bike.

Cheers.

Moderator Note:

The off-topic bits between Mordeth and myself are here:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 642#358642

For the very few that might actually be interested… :wink:

After 3 months waiting and saving more money, I finally entered the big bike world with the “smallest” big bike in Taiwan, a CB400…

I want to thank Skylarkpuma, Mordeth and all of you guys here for all your advices and hopefully we can meet up somewhere in the mountain road / cafe :wink:

A CB 400 is going to be a great bike here. More than enough power and most important probably the least expensive “big bike” to maintain and repair. I did the math for my bike…it costs me roughly 300nt for every 50km I ride…mainly due to the expensive tires I use. And each time my bike gets knocked over it can cost as much as 30,000nt. I’d get those crash bar thingies…that they put on the ones at the driving schools. 80% of all bike accidents (bikes falling over…etc) happen at less than 30km/hr. And at those slow speeds crash bars…or sliders really can save you a lot of money.

Interesting sidenote: One mirror for a CBR blackbird costs as much as 36,000nt. FOR ONE MIRROR!

[quote=“StreetSpec”]After 3 months waiting and saving more money, I finally entered the big bike world with the “smallest” big bike in Taiwan, a CB400…

I want to thank Skylarkpuma, Mordeth and all of you guys here for all your advices and hopefully we can meet up somewhere in the mountain road / cafe :wink:[/quote]

Cheers dude…I hope you enjoy it and I’m sure we’ll meet up on the roads sometime.

Ride safe

Marty

I know you are probably gonna go and buy something for $130k no matter what we say here, but please consider this:

1. put $110k into a savings account and keep adding to it over the next 12 months
  2. in the meantime buy a cheap old white plate bike like an RZR or even a Hartford - more than enough bike to get back into things and have a bit of fun
  3. after a year when you have your full bike license you will have the rush of buying the bike you really wanted and worked for instead of ending up with something half assed and not enough money to buy anything better when you inevitably get bored with it

Pls don’t bump 5-year-old threads.

yeah it’s an old story, I bought the CB400 and sold it around 3 years ago… :smiley:

What replaced the CB400?

Red plates… unfortunately the cb400 has yellow plates, that means that it cannot go to expressways, and for Taiwanese that is a big plus… even if they dont use them at all… the red plate means you have a “big bike” and yellow means that you dont want to spend more money or you dont have it… as for what Taiwanese people think… i had a hornet 250… the best bike ever for white plate… i almost changed it for a cb-400 but i went all the way up to a SV1000… it cost me around 250k and it was great…
my brother still has his cb-400 and he loves it… but since he has a new born baby he is selling because he has no time to ride anymore…

none unfortunately, too chicken to ride in taiwan…:smiley:

I know its an old thread but does anyone know where I can get my hands on either one of these and how much they run now?