Horrible and dishonest car salesman

OK I signed this contract to buy this car back in March 1st…salesman agreed to give me the extra item- HKS BOV (NTD 11,000) and even wrote it on the contract…now after I bought/get the car he said he doesn’t have the item yet…and will get it in couple days…I called again in couple days then he says it’s on top of his desk I can go get it the next day…but next day I was busy so I went serveral days later and then he says the items is out of stock but he can get me similar item (Blitz BOV NTD 6000) I said no I don’t like it maybe get me the rear wing (about NTD6000 which I found out much later about the price)…then for 3 weeks he didn’t call, nothing…so I called his boss explained everything and he said he will talk to him…I told the boss that in 3 weeks he didn’t call at all and his attitude is horrible then and before…I will just go back with HKS BOV since it was written on the contract…so today was arguing with the salesman on the phone for half hour and he just won’t give me the HKS BOV like he promised …well he was saying that I agree to have rear wing instead and that his co workers were also there as witness so he insisted on just giving that to me. Then I said it’s been 3 weeks u said u will call but never did…and later I find out HKS BOV worth more so I just want to go back to the original contract item…can I do that?

so on the phone he just doesn’t want to give me the HKS BOV and even said if I don’t want the rear wing then he won’t give me anything…he even said go ahead and sue him he isn’t scared… at one time I even said ok fine I will get the rear wing but then he said oh man you called my boss so I am in such a bad mood…I dont want to give you anything…what can you do? come on sue me I dont’ care…so eventually he just said pick up the rear wing on Monday but I don’t know man…maybe he is just delaying and won’t give me anything since I already bought the car

isn’t there is like a hotline to call for complaint? does it work at all and how long will it take?? what should I do actually…maybe I will call his boss more but the HKS BOV is coming from the salesman’s own pocket and not from the dealer…man Taiwan is very different…what do youguys suggest?

Ok also I was suppose the get the car on March 1st…they called couple days before 1st and said the car is there I can go pick it up on March 1st and told me to go ahead and wire the money…then on 1st they said there were some paper work errors so will delay couple days…then couple days they delay it again until the 8th…so I got the car on the 8th instead of 1st… during the delay the salesman was like…everyday he just say oh it will delay just one more day…AND “I will change the oil for you during the delay since we dont’ know how long the oil had been there”…I said no I will drive the car for 1k miles then I will come back for that oil change…so later I went back and he was like no I didn’t mean we will change it free for charge…Imeant we won’t charge labor and everything else you need to pay! labor was like 150 and oil change without labor was like 3900 which I paid that time…and now this HKS BOV again…man he is just very dishonest and horrible…this sucks and I am kinda pissed

Don’t buy the car.
As the consumer you have the ability to say…“NO DEAL” and walk out the door.

well I already bought the car…and the problem I have mostly is with the BOV which is after I bought the car…it’s 3 days that you can return the car I believe in the states? they probably don’t have something like that? but doesn’t matter it’s been almost 30 days…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Don’t buy the car.
As the consumer you have the ability to say…“NO DEAL” and walk out the door.[/quote]
That’s the ticket. It’s a contract with the HKS BOV written in. there’s no HKS BOV, there’s no deal. It’s that simple. There’s a lot more than one Subaru dealership in Taiwan.

oh man so I can return the car? maybe I will do it…is there a time limit for it like 30 days half year or whatever? this guy really pissing me off maybe I will just ride my scooter intead…god damnit

These people might also be able to help:

My experience with SOT’s dealers (and Ta Ching before them) is mixed. Some of the sales guys are great, and some of them are slime. Sorry you got to meet the second type. I’d take Sandy’s advice and go to the consumer foundation, or try the local version of the small claims court. You may also want to involve SOT directly at that time. The sales rep works for the dealer, who are independant, but SOT takes in an interest in how they behave as it impacts their business directly. Go talk directly to the area sales manager since he’s the one who has direct leverage on your dealer and a vested interest in making things right.
My experience with this ‘go ahead and sue me’ attitude is that it changes really quickly when they actually get a phone call from a law firm! I’ve closed disputes worth far more than your BOV with simply a phone call from some lawyer’s paralegal help, at no cost to myself. Worth calling his bluff. No more bs about alternative (cheaper) items as a compromise. Demand the contracted item or cash equivalent if they really can’t get it.

Yup. Get a law firm to ring up and ask for him by name, and to verify his address (and they can add “it’s just for service of process, sir” to make it clear) and whether or not he sold that car. Then the paralegal refuses to discuss any other details and just says thank you for your help, and that’s the end of the call. Can follow it up with a 14-day letter if necessary. Worth a try. But if you threaten to sue, I would advise actually going through with it in the event the other party calls your bluff. My experience with the “I don’t care” lot is that they either change their minds and cough up, or don’t even bother to turn up in court, in which case you get a default judgement. That was in the UK though. I’ve been sued here and turned up in a court a billion miles away from where I lived only to be questioned by the prosecutor who then told me the case had been dropped by the other party. A day off work and NT$1,000 in taxis. For nothing. (And I wore a bleedin’ suit! Court officials kept coming up to me thinking I was somebody’s lawyer! HAHAHA! "Yes, I’m Atcheson QC from Templeton, Templeton & Tempelton New York representing Mr Chen in the Chen vs. Chen White Singlet and Blue Plastic Slipper custody case.)

I can’t believe they changed the oil…on a brand new car…with no miles on it?!? Am I reading that correctly? Because it might have been sitting in the car for awhile? And…you paid for it? Am I understanding all of this correctly?

no I was suppose to get the car on 1st but it delayed to 8th…during the delay they said oh since the car had been sitting there we dont’ know how old is the oil so we will change the oil and we apology the delay…but I said no I will wait till 1k miles and change it…so at 1k m I came back to change it then he said oh no no no I never said it’s free you have to pay for it

redwagon what do you mean by “The sales rep works for the dealer, who are independant”

ok here is the newest update

K I went to the dealer Friday evening to talk to the boss. I brought the contract to him and showed it him…he said…HKS BOV isn’t original Subaru item so he can’t do anything about it…I have to talk to the salesman directly…I said dude it’s written right here in the contract…the contract got your dealer’s name you are responsible for it…then he go on with other things on and on and said I already agree to rear wing then I keep jumping around about what I want…I said he didn’t even order the wing yet…it’s been 3 weeks and never gave me a call…I think he is just putting it off since the extra item is coming outof his own pocket, and I dont’ want a much lower price item I want the same or similar price item…all I am asking is to follow the written contract…how hard is that…but the boss is just protecting his salesman…at one time he said he heard his salesman ordering the wing on the phone…and it will arrive next Wednesday or Thursday…it’s all bull shit I talked to the salesman on Thursday and he said the wing is at his office…but he isn’t working that days and he is somewhere else…so I said to him call your boss then I am going over to the dealer right now to see if there is wing there (I know he is just bull shitting and lying) then he said I called and complaint to his boss so he is in a bad mood he doens’t want to call…and wont’ be in the dealer Friday so I can go to dealer on Monday…lol but I went in on Friday evening and the wing isn’t there like I suspected. I asked the boss to call the salesman to see if the wing is in the salesman’s office like he promised…he called and of course it’s not there…then 5 min later the salesman called me he was screaming and yelling at me…lol I knew all along he doesn’t want to give me the item like he promised…he was cursing the 3 words in Taiwanese and many others…I even turned on the cell phone speaker so the boss can hear it but he didn’t say much…I dont’ know maybe they just don’t care…so I say man how horrible is this kind of salesman and dealer…Salesman doesn’t promise like he had written on the contract and curing about my mother? …then I said to the boss that I dont’ want wing or BOV I am going to sue…I had record all the conversations and you will be hearing from for my lawyer soon…

All you have to do is walk in there with some scary Taiwanese looking buddies. And they’ll probably give you what you want.

A friend of mines school was refusing to give him some pay because he quit without giving them notice. He tried a couple of times but they refused him. He went back with a Taiwanese buddy…who just looks rich…and his Taiwanese buddy didn’t say one word…just stood behind him while he asked again. And his boss said “Oh…you brought a…friend.” And then gave him the money.

[quote=“Mordeth”]All you have to do is walk in there with some scary Taiwanese looking buddies. And they’ll probably give you what you want.

A friend of mines school was refusing to give him some pay because he quit without giving them notice. He tried a couple of times but they refused him. He went back with a Taiwanese buddy…who just looks rich…and his Taiwanese buddy didn’t say one word…just stood behind him while he asked again. And his boss said “Oh…you brought a…friend.” And then gave him the money.[/quote]

Correct. Little pissy Foreigner is no threat, but one or two rich and powerful looking locals change the whole dynamic instantly. I’d bring as many as you can.

Best to get that nasty running-in oil out of the engine anyway before it’s done its work. Might as well fuck the car up properly from the get-go.

sure, this is playing by the rules but it’s lame. many posters on forumosa complain about the lack of laws and useless police in taiwan. acting like that wont change much to this… actually, you’ll lower you to the level of the betelnut chewin dude you bash on this forum.
also, if the guy calls his own buddies, the bluff could quickly turn pretty bad. there is always a bigger fish :wink:

[quote=“5566”]

sure, this is playing by the rules but it’s lame. many posters on forumosa complain about the lack of laws and useless police in taiwan. acting like that wont change much to this… actually, you’ll lower you to the level of the betelnut chewin dude you bash on this forum. [/quote]

getting what is owed to you is lame? weird

don’t think anyone was suggesting walking in with bats and pipes

getting it that way is!

my point is that if the guy in question is ‘connected’ and sees a couple of dudes cominng into his office, what do you think will happen? will he feel threatened and call his own buddies?

isnt this a ‘legal foum’ after all? the things some people suggested are not appropriate. there are ways to resolve this issue legally.

going with a friend is lame? ummm ok.

Well, you don’t need to bring in a tatoo covered guy carrying a baseball bat.

A well dressed woman who takes a couple of pics and doesn’t say much would scare them just the same.

Or you could bring in a lawyer with you…more of the same.

I would never recommend taking on a garage in a fist fight. But you are playing to his lazyness. Can he really be bothered now that an unknown quantity (your local mate) is involved?

[quote=“ironfist”]redwagon what do you mean by “The sales rep works for the dealer, who are independant”[/quote]Meaning he is hired by the dealer, not Subaru of Taiwan. SOT really need to know what kind of asshat is representing them.