Horrible dating experiences in Taiwan

[quote=“Thelonlieste”][quote=“tina109”] Are you a ph.d? ph.d-student? thinking of becoming a ph.d? really really smart (theoretical physicist smart)

Are you taller than 175cm?

Do you have dimples?
[/quote]

[quote=“tina109”]
My only requirements are;
1) Good hygiene
2) taller than me (I’m 166 but over 175 is a minimum)
3) fluent in english (german and swedish would be acceptable too :neutral: )

Is this too much to ask? [/quote]

From “Theoretical physicist smart” to “Good hygiene” and “dimples” to “fluent in English”

Does this mean your’e getting :hungry:?[/quote]

yes I guess you can say that, but also because the ph.d guys are undatable… they never ever have time…

Easy girls.

I mean,

Easy, girls, we are all on the same team.

Now, here is a woman who knows how to talk to a guy!

Have you ever said that?! Have you ever said, “You are a beautiful, unique shining soul, and I have never met anyone as interesting or hot as you are.” to anyone?

When I read it, I almost felt like you were talkin’ to me. :laughing:

I gotta go along with Tom Hill here; I like a woman that doesn’t crap on herself . . . I guess that falls under the good-hygiene / doesn’t-stink category.

NPR has an interesting, hour-long program about meeting the right person. They talked about a bunch of physicists and law students at Harvard that wrote up something like the Drake Equation (which figures out the probability of intelligent life on other planets), only they calculated the odds of meeting up with someone you could love. Unfortunately, a tall, female law prof wanted to hook up with someone taller and smarter with a dimple that doesn’t stink. She is looking for one in 6.7 billion.

When you’re hungry, you need to lower your standards and improve your hunting skills. I predict that next month you’ll be looking for someone that doesn’t stink too much. When you find him, you’ll say, “You are a beautiful, unique shining soul, and I have never met anyone as interesting or hot as you are.”

Note to Tommy,

Take a bath before you get on the plane.

[quote=“zender”]Easy girls.

I mean,

Easy, girls, we are all on the same team.

Now, here is a woman who knows how to talk to a guy!

Have you ever said that?! Have you ever said, “You are a beautiful, unique shining soul, and I have never met anyone as interesting or hot as you are.” to anyone?

When I read it, I almost felt like you were talkin’ to me. :laughing:

I gotta go along with Tom Hill here; I like a woman that doesn’t crap on herself . . . I guess that falls under the good-hygiene / doesn’t-stink category.

NPR has an interesting, hour-long program about meeting the right person. They talked about a bunch of physicists and law students at Harvard that wrote up something like the Drake Equation (which figures out the probability of intelligent life on other planets), only they calculated the odds of meeting up with someone you could love. Unfortunately, a tall, female law prof wanted to hook up with someone taller and smarter with a dimple that doesn’t stink. She is looking for one in 6.7 billion.

When you’re hungry, you need to lower your standards and improve your hunting skills. I predict that next month you’ll be looking for someone that doesn’t stink too much. When you find him, you’ll say, “You are a beautiful, unique shining soul, and I have never met anyone as interesting or hot as you are.”[/quote]

aww Zender :thumbsup: lovely as always! Nothing can fail under your predictions :notworthy:

just take it easy. having a guy is not the be all and end all of happiness.

once you realise this little nugget of information the guys will be flocking round you like flies round shit (sorry for the analogy) ha

Wasn’t there a post awhile ago that said “Where the white women at?” Or something to that effect. Maybe the OP should find him.

That said, I think its pretty annoying when a girl’s baseline requirement is that a man be tall. I’m actually taller than her qualifications, so its no sour grapes to me, but that is a pretty dumb requirement. I think if any dude went around saying he’d only date a girl with large breasts he’d rightly be ridiculed as a pig.

[quote=“petrarch1603”]Wasn’t there a post awhile ago that said “Where the white women at?” Or something to that effect. Maybe the OP should find him.

That said, I think its pretty annoying when a girl’s baseline requirement is that a man be tall. I’m actually taller than her qualifications, so its no sour grapes to me, but that is a pretty dumb requirement. I think if any dude went around saying he’d only date a girl with large breasts he’d rightly be ridiculed as a pig.[/quote]

Most guys tend to prefer girls that are shorter than them. Well, I do, anyway.

true that, but she’s not that tall to begin with, and she’s asking for someone that is almost 4 inches taller than her.

Anyone have winston wu’s contact info? :wink:

[quote=“tina109”][quote=“tommy525”]Err if I was a girl I would probably not advertise too much about my “one night stands” . Just sayin.

We all want those girls but maybe not to err “date” ?

Maybe sometimes its good to be like madonna and be “like” a virgin?[/quote]

Oh that sucked. It’s not that I “advertise about my one-night-stands” sorry granpa - I want a sexlife! :astonished: Don’t worry, I don’t walk around with a big sign that says “HEY I am actually NOT a virgin!”[/quote]

Granpa? Hey those are pearls from the wolf himself ok? :slight_smile:

Well what I mean is that if its one nite stands you are after, that shouldnt be difficult. Even Tommy can do that. But I think, especially in todays world where you can get AIDS and other very gross diseases, it really doesnt pay to sleep around. And its not the same, fucking and making love. I think making love is much much nicer then just the sex act with someone you picked up at a bar/club, who you really dont respect or have affection for?

Therefore why not value yourself a bit more and not rent yourself out or sell yourself cheap. IF you go to bed with someone who buys you a drink at a bar/club, thats selling yourself cheap. And then look carefully at the prospects that come your way?

Then when you have a BOYFRIEND, it will be a lot more awesome?

Just sayin.

[quote=“petrarch1603”]Wasn’t there a post awhile ago that said “Where the white women at?” Or something to that effect. Maybe the OP should find him.

That said, I think its pretty annoying when a girl’s baseline requirement is that a man be tall. I’m actually taller than her qualifications, so its no sour grapes to me, but that is a pretty dumb requirement. I think if any dude went around saying he’d only date a girl with large breasts he’d rightly be ridiculed as a pig.[/quote]

Really? I think life is way too short for not getting exactly what I want. I have male friends that never dates a girl with smaller breasts than a d-cup and I think it’s great! (no, I’m definitely not d) but I think people would be much happier if they weren’t satisfied so easily, never settle with less than what you REALLY want! I am not going to date short guys when there’s a world full of long handsome men! Never ever!

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“tina109”][quote=“tommy525”]Err if I was a girl I would probably not advertise too much about my “one night stands” . Just sayin.

We all want those girls but maybe not to err “date” ?

Maybe sometimes its good to be like madonna and be “like” a virgin?[/quote]

Oh that sucked. It’s not that I “advertise about my one-night-stands” sorry granpa - I want a sexlife! :astonished: Don’t worry, I don’t walk around with a big sign that says “HEY I am actually NOT a virgin!”[/quote]

Granpa? Hey those are pearls from the wolf himself ok? :slight_smile:

Well what I mean is that if its one night stands you are after, that shouldnt be difficult. Even Tommy can do that. But I think, especially in todays world where you can get AIDS and other very gross diseases, it really doesnt pay to sleep around. And its not the same, fucking and making love. I think making love is much much nicer then just the sex act with someone you picked up at a bar/club, who you really dont respect or have affection for?

Therefore why not value yourself a bit more and not rent yourself out or sell yourself cheap. IF you go to bed with someone who buys you a drink at a bar/club, thats selling yourself cheap. And then look carefully at the prospects that come your way?

Then when you have a BOYFRIEND, it will be a lot more awesome?

Just sayin.[/quote]

Hey Tommy525

You didn’t read my first post at all, did you?
It says that it’s easy to get one night stands, but that I don’t like it. It also says that
I have been to nightclubs, and that I DON’T LIKE IT. And, you know what? It actually ALSO says that I want something more “boyfriend-material”-like.

Summary:

1. don’t like one-night-stands.
  2. don’t like bars and clubs
  3. prefer lovemaking a lot more than just fucking
  4. do want boyfriend-material

I am tall in this country, and my boyfriends are usually 190cm and above and I like it. :sunglasses:

[quote=“tina109”][quote=“petrarch1603”]Wasn’t there a post awhile ago that said “Where the white women at?” Or something to that effect. Maybe the OP should find him.

Really? I think life is way too short for not getting exactly what I want. I have male friends that never dates a girl with smaller breasts than a d-cup and I think it’s great! (no, I’m definitely not d) but I think people would be much happier if they weren’t satisfied so easily, never settle with less than what you REALLY want! I am not going to date short guys when there’s a world full of long handsome men! Never ever![/quote]

this post to me, explains why you have so much problem getting men. stop making so many requirements, hang out with people without thinking about getting knobbed or your pastie smashed and you might meet someone you get along with and like

Right. Well, I’d be happy to date you if I wasn’t married. I’m well over your height requirement and while I’m afraid I’m 50 years old, I DO have a dimple – several in fact, mostly on my somewhat hirsute and fairly expansive belly, but then, you didn’t specify.
PLUS! Let’s not forget that in a date with me, you’ll have the added opportunity of having compromising photos taken without your knowledge that will be posted all over the Intarweb for the viewing pleasure of spotty adolescents all over the world, including many Taiwanese, probably, if I get the tags right.
Now you KNOW that’s a deal you’re not going to get every day.

[quote=“tina109”][quote=“petrarch1603”]Wasn’t there a post awhile ago that said “Where the white women at?” Or something to that effect. Maybe the OP should find him.

Really? I think life is way too short for not getting exactly what I want. I have male friends that never dates a girl with smaller breasts than a d-cup and I think it’s great! (no, I’m definitely not d) but I think people would be much happier if they weren’t satisfied so easily, never settle with less than what you REALLY want! I am not going to date short guys when there’s a world full of long handsome men! Never ever![/quote]

Freudian slip? If not you just cut another 50% of the male population out :wink:

Actually addressing the topic though, tastes change as you age. The kind of partner you want when you are in your 20’s may very well revolt you in your 30’s. Very few know what they “really want” until they date around and find out what attributes work for them. You very well may turn away a guy who fits two of your three criteria but is the same height as you and be complaining on the flob about not meeting guys. Maybe you find a guy who is tall and has good hygiene but doesn’t speak English fluently, since fluent native English speakers here are rare. What I’m saying is that your standards change depending on your surroundings. You can afford to be picky if you are in demand and if you aren’t, well then you need to do one of two things. You can reevaluate your requirements and accept someone who isn’t a 10, or you can hold your standards and accept not having any dates. You could spend a lot of time complaining on forumosa about not having any dates, but that won’t get you any dates with Taiwanese guys.

You are holding a 2-7 in this dating game (the worst starting hand for Texas Hold’em poker). You want a guy who is taller than you which limits your dating pool to about 50% of the male population. You want a guy who speaks fluent English, which I’ll guess limits you like 1-2% of the males on the island. You want a guy with good hygiene (which I think is the easiest of the criterion to affect). You also want a guy in your age range which limits those younger than 18 and say older than 35. You want a guy who isn’t afraid to date a Western girl. Lastly, you want a guy who is into casual dating in a country that doesn’t do casual dating.

I don’t want to ruin your hopes, but you see what you’re up against?

least someone got what i meant about her sounding like she just wants her pastie smashed.

you just sound too fussy man, everyone has things they like but come on. you might as well go and get some clay and make your ideal bloke

in the OP she asks “Are Asian guys undatable?

No, I think its the OP is undateable unless you fit some narrowly defined criteria. Life is too short, like the OP says. That’s why you compromise and find a middle path. Otherwise you’ll grow old and lonely.

[color=#FF0000]
OKEY, I GIVE UP.
[/color]

You guys just make me want to give up,
right now
. Apparently my english is sooo poor that no one can read my posts. It’s impossible, I’m doomed. I’m going to look myself up in my apartment and never ever go out, maybe at night. But ONLY to 7-11. And I am going to write depressive novels about love and suicide. Thank you.

[quote=“tina109”][color=#FF0000]
OKEY, I GIVE UP.
[/color]

You guys just make me want to give up,
right now
. Apparently my english is sooo poor that no one can read my posts. It’s impossible, I’m doomed. I’m going to look myself up in my apartment and never ever go out, maybe at night. But ONLY to 7-11. And I am going to write depressive novels about love and suicide. Thank you. [/quote]

alternativley you could change you criteria? its simple this living thing like. ha.

or just keep doing what your doing, and have pastie smashing loving. :smiley:

Look it’s all good fun, but I think we are all being a bit cruel. OP is having a hard time. Taiwanese men over 175cm are a hot commodity and they know it. Taiwanese women, in general, really care about how tall their partners are. The number of Taiwanese men who speak fluent English is far less than the number of Taiwanese women who do.

But the biggest problem is that people don’t really casually date here. You need to hang out with a group of friends and meet their friends and you will meet someone or be introduced them. But for that, of course you need to speak Chinese.

So learn some Chinese! And why write off night clubs etc? That’s where people who want to meet people go. Just don’t have one night stands if that is not what you are looking for.