Horseriding in Taiwan

Has anyone had any experience riding in Taiwan? If so, where? And is there any possibility of private horse ownership through a Taiwanese stable?

All I found was the Hannover equestrian society and they seem a bit too… err… professional.

cost to keep a horse per month seems to range from 15,000-20,000 per month
lessons are 1000-1500 per 40 or 50 min lesson.

Any contacts? Central Taiwan would be ideal.

[quote=“lupillus”]cost to keep a horse per month seems to range from 15,000-20,000 per month
lessons are 1000-1500 per 40 or 50 min lesson.[/quote]

I came across this site yesterday - www.grande.com.tw

The site is in Chinese only, I’m waiting for a friend to help me decypher it, but I can see that its quite expensive and perhaps a little elitist…

[quote=“Roach”]I came across this site yesterday - www.grande.com.tw

The site is in Chinese only, I’m waiting for a friend to help me decypher it, but I can see that its quite expensive and perhaps a little elitist…[/quote]

If you want to ride, it’s 2000 per lesson for non-members. 5 lessons for 9,000, 10 for 16,000.

For members, it’s one lesson for 800.

120,000 to join as a private member. I think this is for life or whatever
or the year membership is 40,000.

It’s also not actually in taipei. It’s in Longtan.

[quote=“llary”]Any contacts? Central Taiwan would be ideal.
[/quote]

un.com.tw/
tel:049-2913501 This one is in puli, 21,000 for 20 lessons. pics on the index page look real nice.

ais.110.com.tw/sell.htm
This is one by the sea, in the West Ocean educational sea world. Supposedly 300 per hour, and you can ride on the sand. tel:037761550
Those horses are the ones they have for sale, but they are some sorry-looking creatures.

horses.com.tw/
This one is in wu ri of taichung county. (04)23359251
open 24 hrs, indoors.

Hi Ilary

I do show-jumping in Taiwan and I’m having my first contest in October. Off course how serious you are depends all on the student.

The place I’m riding at costs $40 000 for one year membership and after that you pay $7000 for 10 riding tickets. These tickets can keep you for at least 2 months if you only ride once a week. One week I ride once, and the next I ride twice, but it’s because I want to do competitions, so I need to ride more. If you’re looking for just an “outride” (through nature) your best bet is Kenting. They specialize in outrides. Quite nice, been there once.

But other places don’t really have outrides, only English riding. But it’s still good excercise for both you and your horse.

The place I ride at is in Kaoshiung:

(One of the coaches there got a silver medal at the Asian games.)

www.oldenburg.com.tw

[quote=“Sherryx”]Hi Ilary

I do show-jumping in Taiwan and I’m having my first contest in October. Off course how serious you are depends all on the student.

www.oldenburg.com.tw[/quote]

Thanks a lot (lupillus too). I’m a beginner so I’ve already struck the elitist high-level clubs off my list. How much time I can put in depends entirely on the proximity to Taichung but I’ll definitely scout out all the places mentioned above and see which I feel most comfortable with.

Quote: tel:049-2913501 This one is in Puli, 21,000 for 20 lessons. pics on the index page look real nice.

URGENT:

ais.110.com.tw/sell.htm
This is one by the sea, in the West Ocean educational sea world. Supposedly 300 per hour, and you can ride on the sand. tel:037761550

The horses in the pictures on this website look underfed. They should be investigated. Please someone in that area go to investigate!!!

They look terrible. Some of them have patchy coats and you can see all of their ribs.

[quote=“Sherryx”]http://ais.110.com.tw/sell.htm

The horses in the pictures on this website look underfed. They should be investigated. Please someone in that area go to investigate!!![/quote]

I was worried that I would come across this sort of thing when looking for horses in Taiwan. They do not look like a happy group of horseys and if they publicly post pictures of underfed, clearly unhappy animals then god knows what goes on behind the scenes.

So, I’ve been trying to get in contact with these guys selling the horses on that website, but the only contact number on the web page is for the owners’ son and I thought my Chinese speaking ability is good enough to communicate with him over the phone but he speaks so fast, it’s unable to make out what he’s saying. The telephone number he has given me (which I couldn’t make out, since he’s unable to talk a little slower!!!) is something like this:

13761550 He says this place where the horses are is in Tongshia. Where the hell is that? I’ve never even heard of this place! I need to get some Taiwanese friends to help me out with this one, cause this guy selling these horses are abusing them (not enough food is abuse!!!) and he needs to be reported to the authoroties. Right now, I’m just pretending that I’m interested in buying a horse…If anyone can help me out, I’d really appreciate it. Especially if you are Taiwanese, cause I can only speak SO much Chinese.

Animal lovers in Taiwan, we can’t just sit back and hope the horses would be fine. We need to take action. Please guys,HELP!

Hi Chris,

I’ve sent you an e-mail concerning this issue!