Hospital charges foreigners 30% more than Taiwan citizens

It’s starting to be in some places, some tourist areas charge more . I haven’t been able to get any subsidies recently except for this covid thing cos of the spouse.

1 Like

And it should be stamped out before it becomes a thing.

4 Likes

So, this fee difference is for the report, rather than the test itself? Last I checked, certain copies of certain reports are not covered under NHI. For example, a copy of an MRI scan on CD is typically not covered under NHI.

If the particular charge is just an administrative charge for an item not covered under the NHI, that could explain why it would be possible see a difference in pricing regardless of NHI insurance status.

Uhhh, yeah, read the post, man. :roll:
There’s no supporting documents or web postings or anything.
So far it could have just been one lady in accounting who burned the OP for a free can of Coke.

2 Likes

Fuck it let’s get the placards ready. Meet outside NTUH tonight at 8 pm. :grandpa:

8 Likes

Understand the sarcasm, But for whatever it is, please don’t escalate until there is evidence of any formal instruction or direction. Not sure if there is a trend but recently it looks like there have been more cases where different rules were applied to foreigners. It’s to be defined if this some kind of policy of the current sitting government.

So it’s fully impossible that nobody else was screwed at the hospital for being a foreigner? Just like the banks screaming no foreigners even though the rule isnt written down?

This has to be investigated just like any other. When I get my price at the doctor’s, how am I sure that I am getting the same price as other people? How are you sure?

3 Likes

White Dimes MATTER!!!

2 Likes

In all likelihood we would have heard something about it. Guess it’s possible though

I definitely would like some proof. Or at least more information to see if this is replicable.

Nothing on the website. Someone pay a visit. Make sure whitey ain’t being fucked with.

Fuck that, let’s just light the joint on fire.

3 Likes

I had a thought. OP is talking about a blood test right? I reckon this is passing on a charge for testing foreign blood with some extra hassle involved.

That was my original thought

Mad Cow Disease surcharge

1 Like

That’s only us junkies. The youngsters are only smoking the crack these days, not shooting it.

Bingo!

might be an internal policy for documents issued by the hospital itself? I just had a health check last month and I payed exactly the same as my Taiwanese colleagues for the certificate in a private health center.

If so, set the joint on fire! if NTUH starts doing this, others will follow!

I was actually going on more of a BMI tack, but no matter…

This is related to national health insurance coverage. We don’t want a precedent where foreign residents are charged more but paying the same premium. Is it even legal to do so ?
I guess the hospital can try to up the charge for the copay . Hospitals have been steadily increasing their visit fees . The national health insurance coverage may remain equitable.

2 Likes