Hostage situation at prison in Kaohsiung

A sad end? For prisoners, gangsters no less. Armed thugs serving long prison sentences who captured civilians doing their jobs? What sort of ‘strong statement,’ did they make? That they were all bonkers? That its cruel to lock people up for a long time? That a siege is a dumb idea?

Id say a bizarre end to a badly thought out situation.

I really can’t see this being the way things would end at a US prison for some reason.

Taiwan should send out a strong message, as a group, that nobody gives a fuck.
The White Wolf Et Al are losing their influence in politics, even within the KMT, and they know it. This was desperate plea for attention. They threw a tantrum like a spoiled rich girl who couldn’t get her way, and then when nobody cared, jumped out of the window.
Pathetic.

The SCMP said the original 2 hostages were taken after being threatened by a pair of scissors from a sewing class.

Sounds about right for Taiwan. The guards were probably afraid of having their hairstyles ruined.

Taiwanese men have hairstyles? Sounds like a false flag operation.

I think everybody can deserve some measure of compassion if they feel that killing themselves is the only thing left.
Its interesting how strong the concept of ‘fairness’ is.

Also they don’t seem to have harmed anybody badly during the hostage taking, you have to give them credit for that.

Badly? Credit for harming people but not badly.

Should we sympathise with these prisoners who used armed force to try and escape from their punishments?

I’m feeling antsy today, so fuck those guys. Better off dead.

I’m impressed they managed to off themselves without screwing up. I wish Taiwanese service staff were so efficient.

I suspect something else went on… Maybe testing will see if each prisoners offed themselves, or was it carried out by 2 or less people.

Good riddance to a bunch of real wankers.

Is it true that White Wolf tried to enter the prison to negotiate? :astonished:

From what I’ve seen on the evening news, the 6 guys asked to see White Wolf and requested some—yes—liquor and betel nuts from him. The cops didn’t let him in, and White Wolf basically just told them to not kill anyone. :unamused:

Not all the hostage takers were murderers, some of them were drug dealers/smugglers and one claimed he was fitted up, even if he was a local crime boss. Who knows who did what…but the prospect of ending their lives in the prison seemed worse than mass suicide. :s . That is if they all really killed themselves. The story of two guys shooting four and then killing themselves sounds a little dodgy.

Sounds like a movie script

“The movie was called Shit Siege. It was quite nice. They all died at the end.Tickets were twelve bucks each.” Just saved you twenty four dollars there. :laughing:

I bet it could be a good one. Could get a kind of a Runaway Train thing going

And then all of them dying in a nice plum blossom pattern…

[quote=“Mucha Man”]

And then all of them dying in a nice plum blossom pattern…[/quote]

Oooh. Nice touch.

The warden, who was their hostage at the time, said that he witnessed them agree among themselves that the first four would shoot themselves first and the other two would finish them off in case the suicide shots hadn’t fully succeeded. The warden said that one of the remaining two (surnamed Qin) did fire additional shots at them as requested before he and the ringleader Zheng then killed themselves.

appledaily.com.tw/realtimene … 12/559106/