Hostel with own room and bathroom in Taipei, under NT$10000?

Anyone know of specific hostels where you can have your own room with a bathroom in Taipei, under NT$10000?

Thanks!!

I do not but there are hotels that run around NT$15,000 per month. Never stayed in them so not sure on what to expect. One advertises in the Taipei Times regularly:

Senator Hotel
83 Chang An W Rd
Taipei

(02) 2558 6511

Its NT$15,000 per month with tv and bathroom or NT$5,000 per week.

If you search on Forumosa I am sure that there is info on hostels and cheap places to stay along with comments. I think someone has posted in the last six months about this place www.mandarinhostel.com

Yes, I’ve checked out the rooms at mandarin and they are good. Clean, fairly spacious, the owners are a couple nice South African guys, and you only share the whole apartment with 3-4 other people (each person has their own room). It’s a good place to start when you first arrive in Taiwan.

They had one room with private bath but I think it was around NT12,000.

oops

[quote=“damafen”]I do not but there are hotels that run around NT$15,000 per month. Never stayed in them so not sure on what to expect. One advertises in the Taipei Times regularly:

Senator Hotel
83 Chang An W Rd
Taipei

(02) 2558 6511

Its NT$15,000 per month with tv and bathroom or NT$5,000 per week.

If you search on Forumosa I am sure that there is info on hostels and cheap places to stay along with comments. I think someone has posted in the last six months about this place www.mandarinhostel.com[/quote]

I stayed at the Senator for a week about 4 years ago and found it to be reasonably clean and convenient to the train station, 7-11, Starbucks and e-cafe. It’s across from Starbucks near the corner of Chang An and Cheng De. (Pardon my spelling if it’s a bit off.) I also know that a past colleague stayed there monthly at 15k. There are many other of these downtown hotels that will put you up for that amount. Most have a small fridge and daily linen change with a light cleaning. Some do weekly linen and cleaning. Most will want about 20k but I know from experience and from others that you can go down to 15. Awhile back someone was trying for 10 but I never heard if they found any place.

Thanks everyone! Great info!! I guess it’s probably better to stay at a hostel when you first get to Taiwan instead of renting an apartment immediately huh?

I heard there was another hostel that was like YMCA, but not too sure about that one!

hi jessccw

i stayed at the fortuna hostel for three weeks. it was very nice and clean and conveniently located near the taipower mrt station. it was us$18 per night for a private room or as low as us$4 for a room with 4 people. the bathroom is shared though. there is a kitchen and living room.

next month i am staying at happy family because i couldnt book a room at the fortuna that far in advance. it is us$13 a night for a private room, but still a shared bath.

i think it may be difficult to find a hostel with both a private room and a private bath. that would be possible in a hotel but for much more money.

hope this helps. enjoy taipei.

jm

[quote=“JOHN MOSS”]hi jessccw

i stayed at the fortuna hostel for three weeks. it was very nice and clean and conveniently located near the taipower MRT station. it was us$18 per night for a private room or as low as us$4 for a room with 4 people. the bathroom is shared though. there is a kitchen and living room.

next month I am staying at happy family because i couldnt book a room at the fortuna that far in advance. it is us$13 a night for a private room, but still a shared bath.

I think it may be difficult to find a hostel with both a private room and a private bath. that would be possible in a hotel but for much more money.

thanks JM, are you gonna find your own place later on?
hope this helps. enjoy Taipei.

jm[/quote]

hi jessccw,

i only vacation in taipei. i live in the usa.

this will be my second trip to taipei.

i am staying for the entire month of march, 2006.

i am very excited. i love taipei. i know several people there. some i met here in the us last summer, and some i met on my trip in 2005 when i spent 3 glorious weeks there.

have fun,

jm