Hostess (Twinkies) insolvency

Twinkies Likely To Survive Sale Of Hostess
It looks like I’ve been worrying needlessly. Ding Dongs man, Ding Dongs!

Honestly i , minority i know, dont like any of their products. Their bread (wonder bread) is horrid and the twinkies and ho hos and what not are just disgusting.

Bit off topic, but unions almost collapsed the international division of Australia’s national airline a few months back, by demanding unrealistic salary increases the airline just couldn’t afford.

Rings bells a little bit with this situation.

I’m kind of wondering when unions will sod off already. Their time is up.

Yes, I’m waiting for the right to own slaves to come back too. And whippings!

Yeah, amazingly the Canadian company that owns the rights to manufacture (‘bake’ seems like such an organic word) these products, whose workers are represented by the Canadian Auto Workers union, is not only doing well but is considering bidding on the US rights.

Guess it depends whether the execs are focussed on running a company properly or are so much more interested in stripping its assets and using them to line their own pockets that they run the company into a ditch, and then looking around for someone else to blame.

And why do you think they were “in and out of bankruptcy”? One of the main reasons was that they couldn’t escape the bloodsucking unions.

Some of the union contract details have been discussed in the press – things like having to make two separate truck runs for deliveries, because breads (Wonder, Beefsteak Rye) couldn’t be transported on the same trucks as snacks (Ding-Dongs, Twinkies, etc.). Not because of logistical reasons or convenience or laws, but because the unions insisted upon making everything as inefficient as possible so that more of their assholes would have seats to sit on. Double the wages for half the work each.

And why do you think they were “in and out of bankruptcy”? One of the main reasons was that they couldn’t escape the bloodsucking unions.

Some of the union contract details have been discussed in the press – things like having to make two separate truck runs for deliveries, because breads (Wonder, Beefsteak Rye) couldn’t be transported on the same trucks as snacks (Ding-Dongs, Twinkies, etc.). Not because of logistical reasons or convenience or laws, but because the unions insisted upon making everything as inefficient as possible so that more of their assholes would have seats to sit on. Double the wages for half the work each.[/quote]

Ah, blood sucking unions. That’s a good one. I think it is fair to say there is enough blame to go around. Do you think it could have been the debt taken on when going private? The lack of response to changing eating habits? The unions did make significant concessions the first time around and management had 3 years to work things out to no affect. What incentive do the workers have to accept more concessions the second time while management gave themselves significant raises? And of course, the first thing the company did this time around was stop paying the pension fund.

In the union plants I’ve worked with, Unions can be assholes at times, but many times there is a reason.

Or are you saying that running a single truck run could have saved the company?

[quote=“bumclouds”]Bit off topic, but unions almost collapsed the international division of Australia’s national airline a few months back, by demanding unrealistic salary increases the airline just couldn’t afford.

Rings bells a little bit with this situation.

I’m kind of wondering when unions will sod off already. Their time is up.[/quote]

Not all unions are the same just like not all bosses are the same. Unions came into being for very good reasons, just look up the history of labour movements around the world. Also look up the working conditions that gave rise to those labour movements. Maybe look into working conditions in modern day Pakistan or Bangladesh?
Then look around Taiwan, Taiwan basically has no unions, and let us know if you think working conditions are good here?

No fret. The Twinkie will be revived in Mexico and shipped back to America.

I swear everything i swing by this thread i keep seeing HOOTERS INSOLVENCY> >

aND I keep wondering how can that be ?

Couldn’t resist. Sadly, not sweet at all and almost no filling. Nothing like the pictures. At Welcome.