Hot, damn hot

Watch for the purple.

Global warming.

I completely agree! The brilliant sunshine and (relatively) dry air that we’ve experienced in Taipei lately has softened the blow. I’ll take this hot dry weather–record breaking or not–any day over Taipei’s alternating coldish or hottish dampness.

Guy[/quote]

Me three. I’m happy at home with the fan on. Not even walking around in my underwear like I was last year.

So this year we’re going sans underwear? :ponder:

Austria highest temps in recorded history in 40s. Slovenia also 40s in 150 years of records. Fires in California. Still hot in China.

We may get some relief next week depending on the incoming typhoon.

The heat rarely bothers me but even in Kaohsiung I have noticed it the last week or two. Of course I still go for bike rides or walk to work.

It’s August… it’s supposed to be hot. It cools off sometimes after mid autumn festival though.

I really hate muggy weather though.

So this year we’re going sans underwear? :ponder:[/quote]

Haha, fully clothed! And not even in asbestos.

[quote=“HossHuge”]Watch for the purple.

[/quote]

I watched for the purple and it said “The Taipei basin is an overcrowded shithole with its own oven-like microclimate”. Did anyone else hear that?

Seriously though, when I saw that graphic for the first time I thought that the temps being that high in exactly that spot could not be an entirely natural phenomenon…

Summer in Aus is about like hell in a basket. 45 and I want to install A/C. “Sorry mate, it’s holiday”, whilst sitting in the Land Rover and slurping on an ice cream. Only problem was, getting in on the right side of the auto.

[quote=“HossHuge”]Watch for the purple.

[/quote]

Hard to see at that resolution, but isn’t it basically a case of a few million people producing hot air? :astonished:

Probably urban heat effect. Too much conrete, not enough green plants.

Too much A/C units heating the environment.

Well the hotter it gets, the more people turn up the air cons, and the hotter it gets…you get the idea.
The heat needs to be removed not redistributed.

That’s part of what i meant… :wink:

Move, move, move your feet
Gently Up the mount.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

Gently Up the mount.
If you see a serpent
Don’t forget to scream.

Gently Up the mount.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

Gently Up the mount.
If you see a serpent
Don’t forget to scream.

Apple Daily has this post the other day

appledaily.com.tw/realtimene … 0%E9%AB%98

From the comments, you can the point of it wasn’t the temperatures. Incidentally, she looks just like a girl I know…

Horrible, horrible weather. Could be muggier, I know, but this has been bad enough for long enough. I’ve had it!!! I feel so bad coming to work in shorts and sandals. Plus I am spending a fortune in pedicures!

Worse, I see people wearing jackets and long jeans and several layers of T shirts. Nuts!!!

BTW, even the plants can’t stand it. There are parts of Taoyuan and Hsinchu and even Changhua where cherry blossoms are blooming as well as the white hakka flower, the tung flower. That should happen in Spring but with the unusual weather, they are opening earlier.