🏨 Hotel Booking | Booking.com scams PSA

OK, sorry. Maybe EZ travel has good Taiwan hotel deals?

My partner made a booking for March in a Hotel in Da Nang a few weeks back. As usual Credit Card details were provided for the booking but can cancel up to 2 days before. All pretty normal.

Then, this morning, in comes an email allegedly from the hotel via Booking advising that the Credit Card is no longer valid and to visit a link provided to fix it. Alarm bells rang, so I copied the address and tried it on a different computer, not signed in to the browser, and yep, up comes the red background ‘Dangerous Site’ message in Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

A separate message has been sent to the hotel asking them, no response yet. So as it stands, my partner will just rock up to the booking that’s there.

I did a search later, seems it’s widespread, with Booking blaming the Hotels and vice versa, maybe the Hotels have fallen for a similar scam and given the scammers their booking system to wade through.

Partner is still worried of course, it could result in the booking being cancelled, and another site used to book at a different hotel.

2 Likes

As I suspected.

Email just received from the Hotel advising their clients that they have been hacked.

3 Likes