Hotels that accept quarantiners

no, not from Taiwan government.

no, the visitor visa is to get a resident visa/ARC without leaving Taiwan.

Notices for the submission of application for alien residence certificate by aliens who enter the country with visitor visa

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141465/141808/141824/

1 Like

Thanks!

If you are looking for quarantine hotel in Taipei and can read Chinese, here is a better list with price and availability:
https://www.tpedoit.gov.taipei/News_Content.aspx?n=2512DE93E0C88F50&s=4D1A133CA1360666

Quarantine hotel in Taoyuan is also a good alternative and here is a list with many undisclosed ones:

1 Like

Hey everybody! I’m about two weeks away from flying to Taiwan and I’m having problems finding a quarantine hotel. I already booked a hotel I confused for one of the hotels on the list of government approved hotels, but it turns out they are not specifically for quarantine guest. Can anyone direct me to a place that is not completely booked? I have gone through this list a dozen times and they are all completely booked. Airbnbs are out of the question because, from what I’ve heard, most of them are illegal and I won’t get the government stipend if I stay in one.

If I show up and go to the hotel I have already booked, do you think there will be problems with me checking in and just staying in the room for two weeks? I don’t plan on breaking any of the rules and I just want a place to stay. Any help or advice that could lead to a peaceful transition to this country would be very appreciated!

That’s much more illegal than staying at an airbnb. Try asking this same question at the airport. You’ll be sent to a proper quarantine hotel. If not stopped at the airport you’ll be stopped at check-in. If not stopped at check-in, you’ll be fined, the hotel will be fined and forced to shut down. If you are insistent on staying at a hotel instead of airbnb, try calling the number provided so they can set you up at a proper quarantine hotel.

What number provided? I’ve called many different places and no one has helped me so far. Staying in a hotel is more illegal than staying in an illegal Airbnb? That doesn’t make any sense.

Staying at an Airbnb (less than a month) is in a gray zone, but anecdotally, it’s been fine since a lot of people have stayed in one for quarantine. However, hotels not approved for quarantine is definitely a no go. They will not allow you to go to that non-quarantine hotel if you arrive at TPE.

Also, the hotel list you linked to didn’t work. Here is the official hotel list. Are they all booked up already? When I booked mine two weeks ago for arrival in late August, there were still quite a few rooms available (Les Suites Ching-Cheng).

https://taiwan.taiwanstay.net.tw/covhotel/

Schools might have reserved rooms for their coming students.

Yeah, I think the link broke when I copied and pasted it. I just called 15 of those hotels and, thankfully, found one that could help me. With any luck, I won’t run into any more issues.

Staying at an airbnb for less that one month means that the landlord is violating Tourism Bureau regulations (not statutes) on licensing of accommodations and could be fined. As the short term tenant you will unlikely be subject to liability. The regulations in question have nothing to do with epidemic control.

Staying at a non-quarantine hotel means you are in violation of epidemic control laws. You are personally committing a crime, exposing other guests, and will be subject to hefty fines + confinement for the duration of the quarantine.

1 Like

How about renting an AirBnb for a month and doing quarantine there the first two weeks and then regularly living there two more weeks? Would that also be illegal?

I would assume this is perfectly legal, but would love to hear from others. I might actually try to do something similar.

…and the remainder of that thread.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m from the UK, hoping to move to Taiwan soon, when I get my work permit and residence visa sorted. Does anyone have any up to date experience or info on the covid related legality of a foreigner (without an ARC) renting an airbnb for a month to do quarantine in? The quarantine hotels seem to be completely booked up and expensive. I would be staying in my airbnb for the full 14/15 days and having friends drop off food and necessities.

The last paragraph of this news article says that short term rentals for quarantine are illegal. But there is some confusion about whether 30 day Airbnb rentals fall under this. My Airbnb host seemed to believe that it did, so I had to find a separate quarantine hotel for the first two weeks.

1 Like

This is the law on airbnb, specifically Article 55-1: https://law.moj.gov.tw/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=K0110001

A rental under one month would fall under the definition of Section 2.8. A rental of one month or more would fall outside the scope of this law.

1 Like

I didn’t want to start a new thread but can anyone tell me if the government subsidy for quarantine hotels is paid to the person staying directly or paid to the hotel and already reflected in the price of the room? Thanks

There is a subsidy of NT$800/day (10/1-12/31. It was NT$1200 until 9/30.) by the Tourism Bureau paid directly to the hotel if the guest is a Taiwanese national or an ARC holder.

If a person has “hukou” in Taipei City, they can apply for an additional NT$500/day (up to NT$7,000) from the Taipei City government paid directly to them, if they stay at a quarantine hotel or quarantine at home while their family stay at a hotel within Taipei City.

3 Likes

Ok, so I answered the question myself… is there a delete button for a post?!