Hotline to report illegal teaching

Hello. I was teaching English and was replaced by my school by somebody else without any reason. I am pretty sure they hired somebody who is not allowed to teach because he or she is cheaper. Does anyone know what the process will be IF I call the hotline?

Why are you so sure of this? How do you know the new one is illegal?

Thereā€™s a ā€œhotlineā€?

1 Like

They didnā€™t give you any reason? Tell them youā€™ll go to the labor dept if theyā€™re not forthcoming or if they broke your contract without even an explanation.

(Iā€™m giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you took your teaching duties seriously and were never warned, or had complaints about you, right?)

This number?

0800-000978

Or you can fill a form and send it online.
https://ws.wda.gov.tw/Download.ashx?u=LzAwMS9VcGxvYWQvMjk5L3JlbGZpbGUvODc4OC82NDI4L2ZmOWZlOTg1LWVkMzYtNDQwOC04ZWU3LTc2N2M1ZTUxMmQ4MC5wZGY%3D&n=6Iux5paH54mILnBkZg%3D%3D

ęŖ¢čˆ‰éžę³•å¤–國äŗŗ
https://www.wda.gov.tw/News_Content.aspx?n=7FAD35606C219599&sms=C61580640A6257EF&s=BEFF5A73EBE0413B

2 Likes

Thereā€™s gotta be more to this story. And how do I know that providing you with information isnā€™t making life more difficult for a better, more qualified person who replaced you?

3 Likes

If the person is qualified to teach in Taiwan, nothing will happen. Right?

So youā€™re saying that a qualified teacher is beyond censure? No, this isnā€™t the case.

I think so. And if they think the info is not very sure, it is possible they do nothing.

What reason do you have in thinking theyā€™re not qualified? Just casting out phone calls to the law in the hope something sticks for a personal vendetta would be low.

1 Like

Did you have warnings about your performance or conduct before you were let go?

No. But I know they thought my hourly pay was too high. Makes sense now?

No

8 Likes

Youā€™re being extremely vague. If you want to get people on your side youā€™re going to have to go through what happened step by step. They said they thought your hourly pay was too high. And this is unfair becauseā€¦?

1 Like

so, they replaced you with someone cheaper.
This part is logical.

But, it is not logical that someone is cheaper, so must be illegal.

2 Likes

I am no trying to bring anyone on my side. I only want to know if somebody knows the process, thatā€™s it. And frankly, if the person is not working illegally he has nothing to be afraid of. If the person is, then he must be aware of the possible consequences.

Not buying what youā€™re selling. Iā€™ve seen people use legal procedure to hound innocent people many times. Good luck I guess.

2 Likes

You need proof, nobody is gonna waste time because you are angry. The new person can be better teacher than you, more friendly than you and maybe have a better salary than you.

At this point, Iā€™d be more worried about my revenge fantasy backfiring if I were you. I mean, you donā€™t want your job there back do you? And if not, what exactly is your motive?

1 Like

But entirely illegal.

1 Like