Household bugs. What is eating my closet?

I just discovered something strange in a closet drawer. Looks like coffe grind but it’s finer like a smaller grain. It’s dark brown, almost black. Can’t see any insects though???

Been itchy lately too…(okay that’s a joke) But seriously, is my closet ruined, infested, or can I spray bug spray and be good to go?

Below is a pic of my findings.

bobepine

Looks like cockroach shit. No kidding. Pour a little bleach on a cloth and wipe it up. Then let the closet air out. Then install some cokroach houses.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]Looks like cockroach shit. No kidding. Pour a little bleach on a cloth and wipe it up. Then let the closet air out. Then install some cokroach houses.[/quote] :astonished: Nooooo! It’s not cockroaches… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I can’t stand these bugs. We never see any in our house. I mean never, ever. We use cockroach pellets and they work. We have cats aswell, not sure if they helps with cockroaches, never seen them catching one.

What else could it be? I know white ants and termites and other wood eating bugs usually leave a powder but not a grain like residue. Other bugs leave a black stain with their stools. But what is doing this? Is it possible that I never see the roaches but yet they are there? Our house is Spic and Span. Nothing to eat for roaches here???

I’ll spray the the thing down and wait a day before I put my things in it. I’m going to nuke whatever it is that’s eating my closet. :saywhat:

bobepine

Perhaps you have a TROLL…

Sorry, I couldn’t resist…

Although you say they are not termites/white ants, they look like termite droppings to me…termites don’t usually leave fine-powdered droppings, but their droppings are usually loose granules slightly larger than salt or pepper…my best guess is that those are drywood termite droppings…the accumulation of droppings seem to be at the base of the closet…can you move the closet out and look underneath? Usually, what termites do is they eat and shit at the same time…but they usually “kick” their droppings out from behind them…so I am guessing they are directly behind that baseboard on your closet…but I can’t make out your closet configuration, so I have no idea…

Ok so I have termites. What to do? Will spray do the trick?(Thanks PluckaDuck)

Roach,

I wasn’t sure if you even posted anymore, haven’t read a post of yours in a long time now. Earlier I wrote this:[quote]Is it possible that I never see the roaches but yet they are there? [/quote]Sigh… :noway: :wink:

bobepine

well, no matter what kind of bug it is, if you find those droppings all over the bottom of your closet everyday, I would call the exterminator…but in terms of who is going to pay the bill, you may want to contact your landlord if you are renting…I don’t think a can of Raid is going to help much…from the look of your hardwood floors, it looks like your apartment is new…I don’t get how you can get termites though…maybe I am wrong…but termites are very persistent…

get an insecticide gas-bomb. Those are fun.