Household de-registration transcript


I have an expired Taiwan passport. Is that valid documentation to obtain the household de-registration transcript, or does it have to be a current passport? I’ve heard two different answers about this; Dept of Household Affairs told me it has to be current, but the local household registration offices said expired is fine, as long as it has the Taiwan ID. Does anyone know for sure what is the case? To me it doesn’t make sense to have a current one; the whole point is that you’ve been out of the country for so long that you are de-registering.

What are you trying to do?

I need the household de-registration transcript to apply for the ARC.

You’re trying to renounce your citizenship…to become a foreigner?

1 Like

household de-registration 戶籍遷出