Houses in Taiwan (western type)

:no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth:

You would hate it.

2 Likes

Yeah
this is Wanli District. Past Jinshan and about 20km from San-Zhi. Some of these are for sale and only about 3 million. But, it’s no longer gated and you’ve got lookie loos, like me, coming in all the time. And now, the parasailing club has moved in so there are outsiders always in this area. Bad choice to purchase here.

é‡ŽéŠŹéŁ›èĄŒć‚˜ Mustang Paragliding Club
207, Taiwan, New Taipei City, Wanli District, Riguang Road, ć€ȘćčłæŽ‹çżĄçż çŁæș«æł‰æœƒé€š
+886 932 926 289

https://goo.gl/maps/uihLiHWCVVQG13M69

1 Like

Exactly what you want. No noisy neighbors to ruin your peace and tranquillity.

Exactly. Screw Taipei, screw convenience, screw having neighbors, screw ever selling.

Oh, BTW, keep off my lawn!

Wonderful weather for a morning walk. No people!

2 Likes

The issue (for me) isn’t driving into town
 it’s all the abandoned/decaying homes in the area, seriously not pleasant to look at/be around.

8 posts were split to a new topic: From houses

How was the building a house experience in Taiwan?

For real. Seems like unbelievable but it is there.

I lived in New Garden City back in the day. Great area!

1 Like

Gorgeous.

Only drawback I see is snakes. Other wildlife I can handle.

You’ve got to choose your construction company very carefully. If you go cheap, then you get the shit Taiwan chabuduo construction from Ah-Huang and his relatives.

You’ve got to spend the money on a quality and experienced construction company and you’ve got to spend the big bucks on high quality materials.

5 Likes

A pal bought in Wanli and loves it. Got his own business and car, says going by highway is a breeze.

2 Likes

I remember driving by some houses like this in the 90’s and thinking they looked cool, but they were abandoned. If near the beach and 3 million, could be a nice weekend getaway.

New. Looking towards the sea.

(Dashi) That’s there for ages (over 20 years), it’s near the golf course and it’s where Lee Teng Hui used to live.

Thanks. I guess the ones we saw back then were different or have been rebuilt.

i didn’t say it was new. just found it amusing.

Well, I wouldn’t want to live there either, would you?

The point isn’t that the Jinshan Taiwanese ghost town is “worse” than places outside of Taiwan. Given the choice, I would easily choose Jinshan over some non-Taiwan slum (Tenderloin district in SF comes immediately to mind) as there is definitely a difference in terms of violence/crime/general danger between the two and Jinshan also doesn’t have homeless folks sleeping/permanently camping) on the street

I can’t really think of any comparisons off hand
 best I can think of is from the movies where some tract housing development doesn’t get finished because some expected plant opening (or other economic boom) never materialized.

And seriously, anyone who thinks that this is such a fantastic deal, I would suggest driving out for a looksie and lemme know what you think

Yea, i just think jinshan is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, if you have a car you have to drive through traffic choke point, if bus its 10 times worse.

Taiwan simply doesnt lend itself to living isolated lives.