Housing Advice for Tianmu

Fortunately the renovations came out great, and we have a house that feels new, that is walking distance from the school, and is cheaper than some of the 4 bedroom apartments we were looking at. It sucked waiting for 7 weeks in a small serviced apartment (after 9-10 weeks living with my parents in America), but the wait was worth it.

Hi,

Thank you for creating this thread. It has been useful to get a sense of the market/ conditions.

Would you be able to connect me with your realtor or did you end up doing it on your own?

What did/ are you ending up paying for your place, as a reference point? Is there more price research you can share? We are also looking for a place that looks and feels “new”. We are planning to move to Taipei this summer. Our budget is roughly NTD 100,000-130,000.

Thank you in advance for your time to reply

1 Like

Wow, the donut business must be booming these days!

Welcome to our community and please ignore 80% of my comments.

5 Likes

in that budget range places will be very nice.
start by defining which area you want to live in (close to work / school ) and then go on 591 website and see what’s available to get a feeling for the quality and price.
591 is in Chinese but google translate should help in the beginning.

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Donuts it is :smile:.

My wife gave me this nickname after making Dutch Donuts during the new year celebration.

I am originally from the Netherlands, currently living in Shanghai. Been at the mainland since 2005.

Any thoughts on building in Tianmu or at a relative short commute with modern interiors and 70 ping+ space. We are currently living in a 3 store townhouse in Shanghai with a small garden but I notice that might be hard to get within our budget.

Thx in advance for your suggestions and other recommendation.

it is possible, but perhaps not in the heart of Tianmu.
Look at 行義路, starting from veterans hospital and up, quite a few communities that answer your requirements, but far from metro and on a hill side, so not as convenient as other parts of the neighbourhood.
for example look here: https://rent.591.com.tw/home/11987472
https://rent.591.com.tw/home/12041519

Hey Izzy,

Thanks for responding. Where would you go in Tianmu or somewhere relatively close with this budget considering:

4+ bedrooms
Pet friendly (dogs and cats) ideally with a small private garden
Up to date interior (bathrooms and kitchen)
Daughter with attend TAS (kindergarden) - we want her to easily socialize with other kids
We will have access to a car
Size 75 ping/ 250m2

I am familiar with the website you shared with me. I have looked at it the last few weeks but have not seen anything that seems to hit the sweet spot of our budget and ideal place.

Thank you in advance for your additional thoughts and suggestions.

4+ bedrooms - bear in mind those are not very popular in new buildings, the population is ageing, families are smaller and apartments are getting smaller… buildings have more common areas like lobby and meeting rooms but the interior is smaller. the older buildings have larger living space but less amenities. prices on websites are starting point, it is possible to negotiate (not huge discounts, but 5% to 10% is usually possible)

Pet friendly (dogs and cats) ideally with a small private garden - private garden is rare inside tianmu. pet friendly depends on the landlord. there are a lot of people with pets.

Up to date interior (bathrooms and kitchen) - hit or miss… need to take a look per apartment.

Size 75 ping/ 250m2 - net? or gross? 75 ping net will be very very expensive.

in tianmu i would look at the areas of 中山北路7段, 德行東路, 士東路,行義路
these streets have apartments in the specs you are looking for and are not too far from TAS.

a few samples i pulled from 591:
[整層住家]天母宏國芝園上疊別墅4-5+6樓+車位 - 591租屋網 - this is a community of townhouses, but over 40 year old buildings. this particular place also has parking but occupies floors 4-5-6 (quite a walk up if you have small kids) . you could look for first floor places in this community.

[整層住家]近運動公園✩寧靜景觀豪邸【可影片看屋】 - 591租屋網 - new building, but not townhouse.

Sounds better than ‘oliebollenchef’. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Izzy, going to do my homework :grin:

For sure. It is just how you frame things. Nice to meet you here. What part of Taiwan are you living?

Taipei area.