Housing?

Hey,
I’m moving to Teipei in Daan district coming this August. I don’t even know what is a good place to start. I have checked out Tealit.com but I am still unsure of what is a good place and what is not. I am willing to spend up to 600 canadian a month.

Please Help.

That’s 15000 NT.

Are you looking at a room in a shared apartment or living by yourself?

For Da An, you’d get a good room in a shared aprtment for that price. If you want to live by yourself, you’re looking at a studio rooftop apartment or something - a little harder to find, but quite doable. Tealit or the orumosafieds here will help for a shared, but for your own place you’ll probably have to try an agent. Cui Mama (Tsui Mama) is a cheap volunteer run agency. You can search for their details here.

brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]That’s 15000 NT.

Are you looking at a room in a shared apartment or living by yourself?

For Da’an, you’d get a good room in a shared aprtment for that price. If you want to live by yourself, you’re looking at a studio rooftop apartment or something - a little harder to find, but quite doable. Tealit or the orumosafieds here will help for a shared, but for your own place you’ll probably have to try an agent. Cui Mama (Tsui Mama) is a cheap volunteer run agency. You can search for their details here.

brian[/quote]

Hey~ Bu Lai En,
If ask agent to help to look for the house, how much is needed paying?

Half-month rent.

Right now if you look through forumosa and through tealit you see a lot of people renting rooms out for a month or two. I think you should try to do something like that which would give you time to get here and look at places before you have to get forced into taking a place that you have not seen or not having time to look due to time constraints.
Just a thought.

I live in Da-An district and all depends on what are you looking for. A small apart/room with no natural light and very noisy, yes you can probably find it at your price… but I am not sure that is what you want… especially when you are coming from Canada.
In general, Da An is an expensive district… but if you move closer to ShiDa University, Gu-Ting Station, maybe you can find something affordable.
SuchAFob’s advise is good, have a first look and then commit yourself to a longer term.