How about other Englsih language media/publications

I don’t understand why people here seem to either blast the Taipei Times or take ICRT to task.

Surely there are other, even worse media outlets, or simply quasi-wannabe media publications in Taiwan worthy of far worse scorn.

The China Post, The Taiwan News, Taiwan Fun, Compass, 24-Seven and the countless other such publications …

And of course the television channels.

How about some equally bad words for some equally, if not far worse “bad press” ….

Or are the rants from people who have been axed from or denied employment with The Taipei Time/ICRT because they are either too stupid or unqualified to work there?

Then if so … what’s the point … ?

Come on … let’s see you trash something else for a change …

Pots English Section was great.

FYI South, Compass, and TaiwanFun magazines - all of which are free - are pretty damn good. Their pullout maps are excellent.

Except for that PooHat crap.

I was denied employment at both those places because I’m too handsome and clever and it would have made the other employees feel bad about themselves. I don’t hold any grudges though – it’s something I’ve just had to get used to.

What the hell is “Englsih” language?

Everyone knows its engrish.… :fedora:

There have been a few past threads about blunders and such in the Taipei Times, but for the moment leave them out of it. Of late the emphasis has been on the fact that ICRT sucks donkey balls. You ever see “The Godfather”? Clemenza says of the impending Mafia war that, “This thing’s gotta happen every five years or so – ten years – helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten years since the last one." It’s like that with Forumosa discussion of the tragedy that is ICRT – the difference is that it’s gotta happen every five to ten weeks or so, and it’s been about ten weeks.

Trying to claim that any of the above are somehow lower than ICRT is like saying, well, it’s like putting sugar on a turd. Try sweetening it with sugar, saccharine, aspertame, or sucralose, but ICRT is still what it is.

And which TV channels make it their explicit mission to “serve the foreign community”? Maybe the BBC and CNN? I like the former and I can stand the latter. And I prefer both to, well, you know.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
You slay me. “Too stupid”? Yeah, that’s it. Scan through any of the dozens of Forumosa ICRT threads for all the praise and awe inspired among the foreign community by the station’s great intellects. “Unqualified”? You mean not having a degree in computer science, business administration, or econ instead of, say, broadcasting or communications or journalism? Hell, I’m curious to know if anyone has ever actually been denied a position there! I could put my ass Jim Carrey style to a microphone and do a better job on air than what I’ve heard when someone tunes the dial to ICRAP. Come on, how hard can it be to speak Chinglish and cue Air Supply?

Why? Like I said, it’s gotta happen every five to ten weeks or so. Give it up, man. It’s inevitable. ICRT sucks.

Nice try, though.

Here’s a suggestion. Start a “BBC Sucks!” thread. Then in a few years, let’s see if we end up with thousands of posts crossing several dozen threads and a petition with several hundred undersigned.

Love,
STG