HOW Am i supposed to weigh 50kg!?

It probably is a metabolism thing. Also, many people seem to work very long hours so perhaps that helps them burn off the calories? I don’t know how many people actually exercise here so I don’t know how much of it might be exercise-related. I do see a lot of people ‘power-walking’ around here but that’s about it.

What about those horrible looking drinks they sell on TV which supposedly helps people lose weight? Or that weird band that goes around the waist and shakes the fat around? Are those any good? :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn asians with their damn metabolisms…

I’m gonna gain like 100 pounds when i’m there.

EDIT: Ok nvm, i’m prolly gonna be fine. I’m on a “special” diet (see starvation) and my pants are now falling down as i walk… which is a good sign.

haha I always wonder that when I see skinny girls at the food court downing ice cream or finishing off a huge plate of white rice with greasy fried meat/veggies… I don’t believe in the whole “asians have faster metabolisms” (I’m ABT myself) maybe it’s all the walking we do in this dreaded heat… :fume:

[quote=“Springfield”]Is like all Taiwanese food bad for you?

The moms probably gonna cook like 5 meals a day for me since im the guest… and i don’t want to get huge just by eating the food she cooks me :stuck_out_tongue:

I might have to put my foot down and just say NO! STOP COOKING![/quote]

I faced this same dilemma when I first arrived. I was staying with a friend, and her mother would continuously refill my bowl at dinner. Trying to be a good guest, I would make sure to eat everything at the table and say how wonderful it all was. Then, after laying back in my seat, so proud of myself for having managed to stuff it all in, I would then be horrified to see her mother bring out yet more food! I patted my stomach and said “hao bao, hao bao,” but she would just respond “hao chi, yi dian dian” and ladle more into my bowl. Oftentimes, she didn’t even wait until I’d finished the first bowl–adding fish and rice on top of my beef noodles. (And I really HATE to mix my foods! Especially since I’m only used to eating ONE meat per meal!) And then, after all that, there’d still be the fruit dessert! Of course, she’d want me to try them all. So, first I’d have the Asian pear, then the apple, then the guava…It never seemed to end.

Eventually, I just started getting up half an hour earlier to do more exercise. And I learned to eat really really slowly. But don’t just eat slowly–you have to make sure they see you trying everything. So, what I did was to take super small portions of things–like two small pieces of beef, one spoonful of rice, one cauliflower florette–and make sure to circulate over the bowls again and again, taking just one spoonful of food at a time. Then–after about two-thirds of the family had left–I would sink back into my chair with a tired look, and sigh every few minutes, as though I couldn’t breathe any more because I was so full.

Of course, I’d still have to eat some dessert after that, but at least then I didn’t really feel as if I was going to explode. :wink:

:rainbow: Oh, and Springfield, I think some of the younger girls are starting to see bigger guys as more attractive than the really skinny ones. So don’t worry so much about your weight. :rainbow: