How are YouBikes made?

I am doing some basic research for a project on how things are made in Taiwan, and I am focusing on YouBikes. I want to be able to describe the production process in a simple yet informative way.

I know Giant produces most or all of the bikes, but I want to find out any info on how they are put together - a video, a list of the production process, anything. I am not an expert on bike production and my Chinese is bad. I have inquired elsewhere, but I can’t find much information. Does anyone know anything about this? I don’t have the resources, credentials, or time to visit the Giant facility, but I will nonetheless send them a message as well.

There’s a major cycling exhibit going on at Nangang Exhibition Center in Taipei (until tomorrow, 03/25). You might want to head over there to ask the guys at Giant. You can get in with just an exchange of a business card. If that doesn’t work or you don’t have one, ask someone who’s leaving to give you their pass. The passes can be re-used and are free. If they aren’t willing, just move onto the next person.

If you don’t have time to go to the exhibit, try simplifying your google search. Google “How bikes are manufactured” instead of “How the Youbike is manufactured”. The latter will probably give you a lot of news articles about the Youbike or send you straight to the youbike website.

You can also watch this video to get an idea, it’s not the Youbike, but if you’re lacking any sort of info, this could give you an idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPx-pvngMAo

Thanks!

they glue spaghetti together with rice porridge to make a ‘frame’. and then fill the frame with a bunch of lead weights.