How bad can it be if the number of countries that ROC/Taiwan has official diplomatic relations with is exactly ZERO?

Hmm, Maradona may be a little too left-wing for an ROC analogy, but he is a shadow of his former glory. And like the ROC, he’s prone to questionable alliances, like when he coached Gaddafi’s son.

Oh, Ma r adona! I need to get my eyes checked. Here I was thinking, when did Madonna go trans, and when did he coach Gaddafi’s son? :ponder:

1 Like

Well, the confusion is understandable. Their names are strikingly similar; they’re close to the same age; they’re both faded pop stars; he’s from Argentina, she played someone from Argentina; and I’m sure Madonna was just as hairy as Maradona before all that fancy Beverly Hills electrolysis.

1 Like

doppio

You are a wealth of info you

Just doing my little part to help promote fake news. :slight_smile:

You bunch of heretics. Ok, insult the hand of god, but Madonna is my hero. She gives me hope that my boy toy has not been born yet.

1 Like

Eww. I won’t even try to calculate how big the age gap would be. Cradle robber!

3 Likes

And pop stars that should have retired years ago.

The Rolling Stones are still doing concerts for Pete’s sake !
Grandpas of rock.

Rock is getting old now. Or has gotten old. Every rocker is now a grandpa or grandma or dead.

1 Like

I’m just getting started. 50 years of preparation.

it doesnt have to be bad at all, as long as, the u.s and japan can compensate for the losses.

Watch this space… bad news coming…

I don’t think it even matters. IF NOBODY recognizes Taiwan. The Island is it’s own universe anyway.

Problem is how do we make busines, how do we deal with te outside world, if we have no trade offices, if our documents areconsidered invalid, if we do not exist.

TAiwan has done just fine without official recognition.

1 Like

Up to now, dear. China has now as we say in Spanish la sarten por el mango. They can literally kick the Taiwanese from their businesses, close frontiers on them now. They are putting the pressure where it hurts the most> the wallet.

Taiwans situation really goes to show you how meaningless the UN really is.

It is really hard to understand what exactly China wants out of this.

In the past they have floated proposals that would allow Taiwan to function as an quasi independent nation. It would be allowed to have its own international presence, its own military, its of foreign relations, its own passport, its own currency, etc. It effectively has all that now. As long as the rest of the world sees Taiwan as a part of some China, they are OK with all of that. Or were.

Being reliant on how China feels is dangerous.
I don’t care so much about the little islands and stuff , it’s the bigger non ally countries like Nigeria and Thailand and the Philippines that could make things awkward and difficult for Taiwanese people to just do stuff.
That hasn’t happened yet in a big way but we should.watch out.
Why now? There’s a good article in the sentinel.