How bad can it be if the number of countries that ROC/Taiwan has official diplomatic relations with is exactly ZERO?

But I like SEA countries…feelsbadman

It’s a bad idea to throw money on corrupt and messy countries. Be it in Latin America, the Pacific, or Southeast Asia. Taiwan should better invest that money in education, infrastructure, and measures to promote a higher birth rate (hint: soon to be implemented tax breaks for married homosexual couples do not help with that either and are just another manifestation of social degeneration). Policies to discourage holding multiple real estate units and an aggressive enforcement of environmental protection laws would also be a good start. Otherwise we will soon find ourselves in a non-nuclear power and PM 2.5 polluted place without children and slave jobs for 20k a month.

Did you see the movie? Nigerians probably have the same fake farms and whatnot and once you get through the secret entrance, the land of email servers and call centers appear.

1 Like

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Gay Marriage Part 3 - Taiwan’s Diverse Formation of Family Union Law

Meh, I say don’t feed the animals.

Back on topic:

Biggie Biggie Biggie can’t you see
Sometimes your words just hypnotize me
And I just love your flashy ways
Guess that’s why they broke, and you’re so paid (uh)

That is why this time they are not «throwing money». The bets are safer when you support business and not payoffs. Moreover, most of those are kids of Taiwanese and SEA brides, we have all we need, just need to use it.

For me, the reason they dislike it is because it might actually work. The places are taking off, Taiwan businesses there are already thriving.

One nation dropped, one distraction for truth removed.

1 Like

Looks like China is getting desparate as US official relations with Taiwan becoming immanent.

I also have a feeling that China has lost North Korea and already lost the New Cold War. If any country wants China’s money this is the time to cash in, because there won’t be much left as China’s debt ballooned into 30 trillion and we are seeing cannibalization of PRC departments.

Idk but the current Taiwanese embassy in Vatican City is fucking up the relationship between Vatican and Taiwan…
I had the “pleasure” to meet the individual… idk why they would hire him for this job. I guess no embassador really wants to go live 4 years in Vatican City

But th eones mostly choosing not to have kids are Taiwanese heterosexual couples…because they do not have the means. If homosecxula people marry and adopt kids or have them though otehr means -surrogacy not being legal yet in Taiwan, but very much desired by heterosexual couples- I do not see why not they can be given a discount on taxes. It is not as if they were not paying any at all. Moreover, then we could argue fat cat corporations, useless agricultural and fisherman and otehr mafia enhanced associations plus a long line of chupoteros -sorry, the term is very Spanish especific- shoudl be paying full taxes. A lot more tax evasion si done with those recipts for dinners and special KTVs passed on as “company expenses”.

In summary, if we want fair taxing, do not limit yourself.

And yes, Japan’s ethnic fears have slowed them down and it is scary when it turns towards their own people, just becaus ethey have been born abroad, flesh and blood Japanese. And do not get me started on women’s condition, which has teh economic effect of a wrench in the economic growth. The idea is to learn from that mistake. Everyone should be working, not teh opposite.

I don’t think he has ever mentioned tax evasion, he talked about resource allocation.

Japan has always been an heavily nationalist countries and it has been one of the leading economies in Asia for decades. I think Japan’s GDP is behind only China and India, who have like half of the world population combined chabuduo? And post WW2 they weren’t exactly in a great situation. They can’'t be doing that bad.

My grandmothers never worked a day in their life and our families (both mom and father side) did just fine.

1 Like

Well, GDP is not the whole story… and it is getting bad.

To go back to the diplomatic problem, it is like saying Taiwan will be OK as an SAR. Firts of all, China will not follow the deals it signs. Second, when Japanese casme, a lot of people died, Taiwanese became secodn class citizens with no power of decision, and sam ething happened when KMT came. So when China takes over, taiwnaese will become second class citizens, and their wealth and properties will be sucked from them… again. Ain’t much of an incentive.

So go ask any woman why she does not want to go back to the kitchen. same experience as Taiwan.

1 Like

The pro-capita of Japan is pretty high, on a similar level to South Korea, HK and Taiwan. Again, I don’t see any major issue in Japan’s economy. And the idea that:“They have an aging population, they need to import workers!” just for the sake of growth is not an argument I’m particularly fond of.In Europe it’s being used to import cheap labor that reduces wages for everyone, so I can see why Japan isn’t really interested in following the same path.

I know some women who want to work 24/7 and others who couldn’t care less about a job and want to stay home and raise 3+ kids.

Problem is Japanese people will be extinct as of next century and Taiwan is going that way. That inyecting new blood, integrating them into teh population , is beneficial. having laborers for economic sake, in a bubble, there but not there, as disposable as Kleenex, only brings trouble, I agree. And yes, integration goe sboth ways.

As long as people have a a choice, to go out to work is great, or too stay at home. And work 24/7 cleaning, sweeping, cooking, washing, etc in never ending tasks that have to be performed again tomorrow takes a very special kind of person.

They will not go extinct -__- that’s the kind of nonsense you hear from European bien pensants:“We have an aging population so we need to import cheap labor from poor countries or we’re doomed!!1!”. If birth rates go down then so be it, the population/square meter will go down for a while and this will have several effects on the economy (some of which positive).
Using developing or third world countries as breeding stock to fill in the gaps of richer countries isn’t exactly my idea of the moral thing to do.

I approve the idea that both men and women should be allowed to do what they want to do. It’s no surprise then that countries that promote such ideals have lower birth rates. Countries where women stay home and raise kids have higher birth rates, again no surprise here. If the solution to this problem (what problem, though?) is to just move people around like cattle, then I have a problem with that.

3 Likes

Well, until people invented fences, cattle went where the grass was taller… and ate it. Moooo!

I’m glad you’re finally on my side…

…of the fence!

…which is why we dig under, or take submarines around. Ayayayayayyyy

Back to taiwan:
Imagine -with a few whips of something stronger than ale- that Taiwan could call itself Taiwan and no one cared a bit. that we could do business and go on doing our business freely as anyone else. If we did not have that monkey on our back of the zombie we carry around, who knows where we would be.

But there are fences and names to respect and treaties signed long ago by no one who is alive now. And we are 發d.

Exactly what southern Taiwan has done by importing Vietnamese breeding stock. Plus you get a free servant into the bargain.