How Can A Woman Maintain a Healthy Relationship With A Man

This one is for you, IL. Any thoughts guys or gals? Since we get to hear so much about how men don’t put enough into relationships, let’s see what happens when the shoe is on the other foot.

This one is for you, IL. Any thoughts guys or gals? Since we get to hear so much about how men don’t put enough into relationships, let’s see what happens when the shoe is on the other foot.[/quote]

Well, if this thread were really for IL, it should be 'How Can A Man Maintain a Healthy Relationship With A Woman?"

But seeing as the thread title is the way it is, I’ll offer this: Don’t try and argue with men about something they’ve already gone ahead and done. They hate that :laughing: :smiling_imp:

As long as the guy’s got a thick wallet, there’s no reason a woman can’t maintain a relationship with him. :smiling_imp:

No point in looking for anything productive here, daasgrrl. They’ve already decided the direction, the tone and the content. Just let it go. :unamused:

And just what exactly have YOU provided that’s of any substance? Apart from your sneering, condescending put downs, of course? :unamused:

Explain to me why I would even bother, when all that would happen is that a pack of testosterone-crazed males would jump on their keyboards (must all have broadband connections) and write how I’m maladjusted, sex-starved, fat, ugly, alienated, mistreat cats and dogs, am inferior to Chinese women in every way, can’t spell, had to take my driver’s test more than once, and never make any meaningful contributions.

Go ahead and tell the world exactly what women should do to please you-all. :notworthy: I’m sure the males here are waiting with bated breath to hear how the women never lift a finger or make any effort whatsoever (especially, of course, those awful disgusting incomprehensible Western ones.)

[quote=“daasgrrl”]
But seeing as the thread title is the way it is, I’ll offer this: Don’t try and argue with men about something they’ve already gone ahead and done. They hate that :laughing: :smiling_imp:[/quote]

daasgrrl, you get kudos for being a good sport and playing along. As evidenced by many of the posts on Forumosa, most guys like to joke around and play the clown. Going along with that now and then goes a long way to keeping the man happy and the relationship healthy, IMO. A little humor makes for a happy mate! :smiley:

[quote=“smerf”][quote=“daasgrrl”]
But seeing as the thread title is the way it is, I’ll offer this: Don’t try and argue with men about something they’ve already gone ahead and done. They hate that :laughing: :smiling_imp:[/quote]

daasgrrl, you get kudos for being a good sport and playing along. As evidenced by many of the posts on Forumosa, most guys like to joke around and play the clown. Going along with that now and then goes a long way to keeping the man happy and the relationship healthy, IMO. A little humor makes for a happy mate! :smiley:[/quote]

My wife’s willingness to laugh is what I love the most about her.

In defense of Ironlady… I have had the pleasure of speaking with her on several occassions regarding a variety of matters. I assure you all, she has a positively wicked sense of humor.

Having said that, IL, come on… we are by nature testosterone driven. That we can even behave in a civilized manner in some instances should count for something, no? :wink:

Steve, I think that you indeed mistitled the thread, though I think that you were well-intentioned.

I’ll toss in a Tomasism or two on the subject of maintaining a healthy relationship with a woman.

First of all, I’ve learned the hard way that for me, it generally helps to date an actual woman. I’m 35 years old, and I’ve spent enough time dating women 10-13 years younger than me to realize that having a relationship with a woman closer to my own age is the best route for me to go. I need for a woman to expect more out of me than a younger woman would. It allows me to be who I want to be in the relationship.

Second, I have found that being honest about my feelings in communicating with my girlfriend is important. I’m not entirely gentle and sweet, nor am I always tough and insistent, but when I repress either one of these sides for the sake of the relationship, a woman can usually figure out what I’m doing, and it bites me in the ass. I’m a big proponent of having infinite patience with the one you love, but being honest about it when things are going on that you aren’t happy with. It requires a lot of maturity to know whether you’re objecting to things just so that you can prove you’re the “big man,” or perhaps in a bit of a mood, or if you’re objecting because whatever is going on is genuinely wrong.

I also think that some women just naturally want to test you. They want to see both if you’re really kind and gentle, and whether or not you’ve got some steel inside of you. Both are important, especially to a strong woman. I think it’s okay for her to test you. She wants to know what she’s investing in, after all.

Finally, get some great massage oil, and go crazy (wouldn’t be Tomas is I didn’t throw that one in :smiley: ).

Thanks. You just proved one point I had in creating this thread, ironlady. It’s always what can “they” do. Never what can “I” do. I see the echo from TG’s infamous recent post. She’ll be damned if she thinks anything she is doing is the problem. No no it must be all on the other side. Yes of course, the problems lie without, surely not within. Men are the problem. Yup.

You had better believe I am always keeping myself in check about what I have to do to keep my significant other happy. I never second guess what she is doing for me. But again, that’s just me. More concerned for others by nature.

So because I ask the same thing from my POV as a male, all of a sudden this thread will offer nothing of value. Interesting. I think the point has been made. :raspberry:

Excuse my tone but I am just sick of it all. Complaints complaints complaints. Bleh. :s

Well met. And yes there’s nothing wrong with posts about the other side of the spectrum.

And men still wonder why their relationships don’t work out? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I think as South Park has clearly shown, 2 things are necessary:

a. don’t throw up on your woman

b. know the Clitoris.

You’re proving your own point, by starting a thread (as a man) asking why the women aren’t doing their part. No discussion of the man’s part or responsibility (now, just to be super-fair, we might argue that the thread MIGHT have gone in that direction, but I think we all know that it wouldn’t have). If you were a woman starting the same thread, it would be quite different; likewise, it would be merely ranting or complaining if a woman started a thread “What Guys Should Do to Maintain a Good Relationship with a Woman.”

Do you see the distinction here?

IL how much does it take to realize that you were baited and that you took it hook, line, and sinker? C’mon now. :unamused:

You can say it’s baiting, but it only serves to point up the strong male orientation on the board. So, same thing as usual – if a woman responds, she’s just taking the bait, but if she doesn’t, she’s just supposed to listen to the sorts of ridiculous generalizations we’ve been seeing in the past week or so?

And then you ask why women aren’t participating in the discussions?? :unamused:

Please get over yourself already. Jeez. No one is making you “listen” to what we have to “say.” Also, no one is stopping any of the females from making gens about the guys. In fact, some already have. I guess not everyone can be a good sport like daasgrrl and iris. Too bad I guess. :raspberry:

And no, even though I’m sure you meant in a general sense, I don’t ask why there aren’t more female posters. I could care less. A board will take on whatever make-up it will, so why make it an issue. And what do you care anyway? This is a message board for crying out loud. Frankly, you deserve your self-imposed negativity if you really take anything said here that seriously. :unamused:

I think QM was really on to something a while back when he said it does one good to step away from here for a while. That thing called the real world is really nice, I hear. :wink:

YEAH! Damn those men with their ridiculous generalizations! Why can’t we have a women’s forum where we can talk rationally and objectively without all these damn generalizations! Cos of course, we women NEVER do stupid things like generalize.

I realize it is invisible to you, but interestingly enough the discussion in the Women’s Forum tends to focus on answering questions and providing guidance or information, not complaining about things.

And anyway, I’m only on-line so much these few days because I’m avoiding studying for my test which is Sunday and Monday. :laughing:

Get knuckled down then – and best of luck to you :slight_smile: !